Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Day Five (Turned Tables)

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Day Five

Post by JadedDM »

"Yeah, sometimes, when I'm trying to sleep at night. I try to draw little pictures with them in my mind," Barlemus says. "Like that one kind of looks like a dragon." He points to a random cluster of stars.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi scoots closer to Barlemus, laying her head on his arm to get a better view of the cluster of stars he is pointing at. "I can kind of see it," she says. Deciding to give it a shot, she looks over the stars as she lets her imagination run free for a few moments. "Those stars over there," she says, pointing just off to his right. "They look like a griffon."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I think I heard somewhere once that a bunch of scholars came up with their own pictures for stars and put them in books. But I think ours are way better," Barlemus comments, not at all reacting to Tavi's sudden closeness.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"What makes ours better?" Tavi asks softly as she looks for another cluster of stars to name.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"The ones the scholars came up with were all boring. Like a scale or a crab or a boy with a water jug. I think a dragon or a griffon is way better," Barlemus explains. "Or a hydra, like that one, over there," he adds, pointing with his free arm.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi looks over to the hyrda, and begins giggling. "It even has multiple heads. Some are smaller than the others, but they are there," she said. If anything, she was having a good time with this little game. "There is a Pegasus just above it. See the wings that are spread wide as if it is about to take flight?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Ut, yeah," Barlemus says. "It kind of looks like someone is riding it, too. Maybe some kind of brave knight or something."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Oh, now that would be fun," Tavi admits. "Flying through the air on the back of a horse with wings. I would sometimes imagine things like that when riding our horses back home."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"That'd be great," he agrees. "You could rain death on your enemy from above. Oh, and I guess it would make traveling around a lot faster, too."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"It wouldn't be very useful if you were fighting a dragon though," Tavi points out. "Those poor wings would be charred within seconds, and then you would fall to your death."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Well then, if that happened, I'd just jump off the pegasus before it burned up, land on the dragon, and stab it in the head!" Barlemus exclaimed.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"But the scales are so tough!" Tavi exclaimed. "You wouldn't be able to simply stab a dragon in the head. Besides, he probably saw you move from the Pegasus anyway. Since they are smart, he would probably be prepared. In all likelihood, you'll end up in the dragon's mouth." Tavi lets out a sigh and shakes her head. "Such a painful way to die," she teases.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Nah," he says, grinning. "The inside of a dragon's mouth probably ain't so tough. I'd stab it from inside there, right up into its brain. Bam, dead dragon."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"You are going to be quicker than the jaws of a dragon?" Tavi asks, skeptical of such a feat. "Okay, so say that you do this," she starts thoughtfully. "You are still up in the air, since the dragon was flying when all of this was happening. You kill the dragon, and then it falls to the ground. How are you going to survive the fall?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Oh, that's easy!" he says with a wink. "The dragon's corpse will break my fall."