Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Day Five (Turned Tables)

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Day Five (Turned Tables)

Post by JadedDM »

Tavi was so tired last night, she barely remembers what happened after she went to go clean up. Obviously, she curled up and went to sleep at some point, but she doesn't recall the details. When she wakes up, the sun is nearly at is apex in the sky.

Looking around, she sees Arvin standing in a nearby tree, looking off into the horizon. Barlemus is down by the lake, his armor and shirt off, as he practices his sword techniques.

Petal approaches her. "Allow me to check your poultice," she says in Elvish. When she removes the poultice, Tavi can see that the big welt on her shoulder has faded a bit, although there is still a visible mark.

=================

Tavi regains 2 HP. It is now 11 AM.

Tavi reaches level 2! She gains +1 to THAC0 and 1d10 HP. Please roll for her HP.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Re: Day Five

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Is it going to be okay?" Tavi asks, looking up to Petal. "And what is Arvin doing? Aren't we safe here?"

HP Roll
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"It should heal on its own eventually," Petal says. She glances up to Arvin. "Safe from goblins, yes. They do not come out at day. But there are other dangers." She shrugs. "I suspect he only climbed up there to get away from the other human. They were...frustrating each other, I think."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"What were they frustrating each other about this time?" Tavi asks curiously. "They haven't stopped bickering since the moment that they met, and I'm not sure I can create a peace between them."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Nothing of importance, I think," Petal says. "They were speaking in Common, so I couldn't follow it well. I do not know the human, but I know Arvinoathalas well. He does not like humans anymore, due to past experiences with them. Elves live a very long time, and so they can carry grudges for decades, even centuries. Although Arvinoathalas is still quite young."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Yet older than both of us," Tavi says, motioning to Barlemus and herself. "How do you know Arvin so well, if I may ask?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"We first met ten years ago," Petal explains. "He saved me from some human bandits that were threatening my tree if I did not give them my treasure...and my body. Since then, he often checks on me and allows me to heal his injuries with my poultices. We have become friends, as we are both lonely and have nobody else to turn to for company. At least, not until recently." She looks up at him and smiles. "He complains, but I think he likes having you two around to yell at. It is probably more company than he has had since he left his home."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi turns her gaze to the ranger for a few moments. "Maybe it isn't any of my business," she says. "But why did he leave home. If he dislikes humans so much, why continue to stay out in a world that is populated with them?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Petal is silent for several moments, as if considering her words carefully. Finally, she looks to Tavi and shakes her head. "It is not my place to tell you. If I did, he would be upset with me."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I guess I'm going to have to find out on my own then," Tavi says as she stands up. "Thank you for the help, Petal."

Looking between the two guys, Tavi decides to bother Barlemus for the time being. Arvin seemed like he wished to be alone up in that tree. "Morning, Barlemus. It is morning right?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Barlemus lowers his sword and wipes some beats of sweat off his forehead. "Almost noon, I think," he says. "How are you feeling? You sure slept a long time. I thought farm people always got up really early. You know, to feed the chickens or whatever."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I think I only got up early when I was in trouble with my mom," Tavi says thoughtfully. "I was always in trouble with her, so in the end I said that I might as well just continue sleeping late," she explains with a shrug. "Admitted, we were up pretty late last night though," she points out. "So what are you doing?" Tavi's eyes glance over Barlemus, not being able to resist such a temptation. As a result, she actually blushes a little bit as she looks back up to his face.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Just practicing," he says, apparently oblivious to Tavi's blushing or her stealing glances of his pecs. "Want to join me? I could teach you how to keep a better grip on your sword," he adds, referencing when she dropped her weapon during the battle with the troll.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Uh, sure, okay," Tavi says quickly. With that, she runs off to grab her sword, and then she runs back to join him once she has it. She still held her sword like a rookie would even though her father taught her how to hold a sword a long time ago. "Doesn't everyone have their own style when it comes to sword play? That is what my dad always said."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"There are small differences, but if you want to survive, you need to know the proper styles," he says, moving right up close to her and helping adjusting her grip. She can feel the body heat radiating from him after his workout. "Like this," he adds. Continuing, he says, "You gotta treat the sword like it's a part of your own body. It's not just for stabbing or cutting. It can also be used to parry or block, to disarm, stagger or throw off-balance. That's the biggest advantage to using swords. They're a real versatile weapon."