Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VIII)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VIII

Post by Jenara »

Locky glances round a few moments, rising to her feet she nods to the group. "See you all soon." With that she heads to find Babuskha.

Finding the Gnome, she moves in alongside her, wrapping her up in her little arms she doesn't say a word.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"So you are even more important than we knew." Jerrard says with a smile, he watches the two girls leave but does not rise to follow.

"Tell me more of your family?" He smiles, taking a sip of his drink.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Merithina frowns and looks down into her drink as she remembers the past. "My mother died during the war. The Green Dragonarmy helped themselves to more than just food and goods. A squadron of Baaz made off with her. By the time my father recovered her, she was broken in body and mind. She did not speak again, and slowly passed away a few months later. As if she just lost her will to live. I was just a child then, and don't remember any of it."

She shakes her head. "My father never remarried, so I'm an only child. I'm following in his footsteps, hoping to carry on the family legacy."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I am sorry, I did not mean to bring up bad memories." He reaches forwards, touching her hand for a brief moment.

"Thus the reason you are traveling across Ansalon?" He adds changing the subject in a second, seeing her face. "I could see why he would want you to return." He smiles once more.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yes. The roads and high seas are dangerous, that's why my father hired a group of five warriors to protect me," Merithina explains. "Thuskar was their captain. But even they were not enough to fight off the podmen that captured us."

Ulster nods. "Were it not for you guys, we'd probably never have been rescued."

"And that's why I want you to return with us. I know my father will be grateful to you for saving us," Merithina says. "There's little reason for us to stay anyway. We lost all of our wares and profits when the podmen attacked us. The important thing now is to go home so we can start again."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

For a moment, Babushka just enjoy's Locky's embrace. Then she begins to speak, haltingly.

"You know, I've never liked to be with people, not even when they're all gnomes. Especially not with many people in one room. I felt good with the old ranger that was my mentor. But he is dead now. With you and Jerrard, it's different. I like being with you. But when Jerrard talked about not touching in the wrong places, he frightened me.

You know, back in Mt. Nevermind, there was a distant cousin who would always tease me when we were together. Then he started waiting for me on crossroads or other places where I had to pass, and he would take me in his arms and try to touch me. I told him I didn't like that, but he kept doing it."
Her speech becomes more rushed now, and if Locky looks at her, she'll see a blush keeping up her face.
"The worst was that everybody kept telling me I should heed what they called his »courting«, that I should marry him, he was such an industrious and skillful engineer, and so on... But I had the impression that he didn't really mean me, that I was just a trophy, and worse than that, he seemed to enjoy the discomfort he caused me.

So in the end, becoming a traveling merchant of our wares seemed the only escape for me, I couldn't stay close to Mt. Nevermind any more."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky considers everything Babuskha says with a quiet gaze, almost as if she isn't really paying attention, her gaze going all over the place.

"You know," she starts after a few moments. "I don't really get on with other Kender, they find me quite serious." Locky taps her Hoopak. "So I have never really encountered what you mean. But in the church they say that when two people love each other they can make each other happy." she thinks about that for a moment. "I think Jerrard is rather sweet, he was trying to make a joke, a bad one, but a joke to lighten the mood." putting her hand on the Gnome's arm she gives her a smile.

"I think you should talk to him, make him understand. You don't have to tell him what you told me, but you should let him know. He cares about you like I do."

"As for this horrible Gnome, I would kick him, you did the right thing, no one should have to put up with that." Locky gives her a light kiss on the cheek. "You have Paladines blessing, he watches over you now." she stays put, closing her eyes.

"Please talk to him, he'll be so shocked he upset you."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I'm sure we should be thanked, I was sent here by my Master, Locky her Head Priest, it is Babuskha and Shay you should thank." The mage smiles brightly, listening intently to Merithina speak. "We did what anyone would do, but no matter."

"However I would be honoured to Visit your Father, to ensure you are returned home. He pauses. "How is Thuskar? Recovering I hope?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka blushes even further. "I know Jerrard is nice, I care about him too. But I really don't know what to say" she says in a small voice.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"He seems to be," Ulster says. "Hopefully by the time we get home, he'll be well enough to walk around without a heavy cloak to hide himself."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ummm, well..." Locky starts to say, "Tell him you are... He scared you, you are unsure around men and the things he said made you uncomfortable." Locky seems a little uncomfortable, but she carries on.

"I wish I knew the right things to say... umm..." She coughs and carries on. "Tell him the truth Babuskha, I will be with you, he will understand. We are friends, friends tell each other the truth, no matter how uncomfortable."

The Little Kenders face is strangely considered and curious, signs of the Wisdom that made the Clerics stand up and take notice of her were evident.

"They laugh at me, you know that? Silly little Kender they call me, I think I am better than they think."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Excellent, this is good news." Jerrard nods at Ulster, smiling at Merithina brushing her hand once more. "The research I found suggested it was likely time would help him."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Merithina nods and stands up. "Speaking of which, I should go check up on him and bring him some food. Excuse me," she says, grabbing a few of the leftovers and heading over to the church.

Ulster stands up, too. "And you three should get some rest. You deserve it, and we have a few days before we depart."

Shay grins. "We do, don't we? Ah, it will be nice to be in a warm bed for a few days."

"Enjoy it while you can," Ulster suggests with a grin. "The boat to Shrentak won't be nearly as pleasant, especially if you're the type to get seasick."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"A bed? Not a hard cavern floor, it will be hard sleeping alone now." He stands, "Of course, and I have some minor experience with vessels, having travelled to Sancrist a few times, that however is limited." with that he bows and heads up to his room, drink in hand.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Oh, Locky!" Babushka embraces her friend, all thoughts about men and their hands forgotten.
"How can they say that! Without you, I would be dead, and twice over, with these stupid spiders!"