Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VIII)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VIII

Post by Jenara »

"Spiders, they attacked us, Babuskha nearly died." Locky strokes hair softly, "We survived, we all worked together and we are ok." she smiles, "I was thinking... you know those Coins, I don't think its safe to go back."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"You went back for coins?" Elvenoff asks, mildly surprised.

"Yeah, we found a whole mess of them down there, mostly copper. There were too many for us to carry back, though," Ulster says.

"Do not worry about it then," the paladin says. "I will see about gathering some young men and will lead them down there to collect these coins, once things have settled a bit. I'm sure the people of Buho could use them to help rebuild after they lost so many merchant caravans to that evil Shroom."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We went back to save the horses, the coins were there too." Locky grins, "Can we do that? We don't need them, not really." she tugs at Babuskha's sleeve, "Please?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka is a little puzzled, the kender's mind was a little too quick for her. "What to you want to do?" she inquires.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"To leave the coins, they no doubt came from the village anyway." Locky grins, she felt better after the bath, flipping her topknot about she sat in a little blouse and skirt, very sumer like.

"Could we visit the stalls later? I'd like to get a few new clothes, and some sling stones." Lowering her head she yawns. "I need a rest first, I'm still kind of sleepy."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"It probably did, I won't argue if you want to leave it." Jerrard smiles, "I am looking forward to visiting Shrentak, although my Master needs to be contacted."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I suppose you could write him a letter. Hilda can have it sent off to Palanthas, although we'll likely be in Shrentak by the time it arrives," Shay suggests.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"It sounds acceptable yes." Jerrard responds turning to Shay, "You plan to join us?"

"I need to send a letter too! The Church need to know where i am, although to be honest I am starting think they were trying to get rid of me!" She turns to the Merchant with a smile. "How are Kender treated? I suppose being near Kendermore they are tolerant.."

Sitting back in her chair she adds, "I've never been there myself, my parents wandered for most of the time, I think they said i was born near Tarsis, but they moved on quickly, some people have the strangest views of us Kender!" She frowns, happy telling the story though. "I didn't have a home till my early twenties when i realised I wanted to do more."

(As requested.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Absolutely," Shay says. "I love a big city."

Merithina hesitates and then forces a smile. "Kender, are uh...treated about the same as anywhere else, I suppose. We do get quite a bit traveling through the city. Most don't...stay very long."

Ulster takes a drink from his cup. "Err, yeah. The, uh, laws against pickpocketing are kind of harsh there."

Changing the subject, Merithina says, "The city has a rich history. As you probably all ready know, the area known as Blöde originally belonged to the ogres. After the Cataclysm, the New Sea was created, which really helped the western region of Blöde become fertile and flourish. This attracted a lot of refugees, which the ogres quickly enslaved."

"Right," Ulster adds. "But a number of human warlords and their armies invaded, and they fought the ogres for about a century before a truce was made. The humans got the fertile land, which is now called Blödehelm. We even have our own king, in the capital city of Vantal. But the ogres still have a lot of political influence."

Merithina nods. "Yes, like in the War of the Lance. They sort of...pressured our country to help the dragonarmies. In fact, the Green Dragonarmy occupied our nation for a long time. That was before my time, but...my father told me what it was like. They just took all of our food and wares. Nearly bankrupted and starved the entire land."

"But they're gone now," Ulster says. "And out hometown of Shrentak, is a free city, run by a Merchant Lord."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka shifts in her seat. They all talked like big cities were great. Not for her, though. So many people in one place, so little nature to see... Yet she would probably go with her new friends. She had sold far too few of her wares to go back to Mt. Nevermore yet...

"Can anyone come and sell their wares, then, Merithina, or is a fee to be payed?" she asks the merchant's daughter.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Pickpockets!" Locky stammers, "I've never been so insulted!" She looks utterly downcast, reaching in he pouches she finds a tape measure, just like the one Wingnut lost in the caverns. "Ooo I could of loaned Wingnut mine."

"So, it should lovely, somewhere new, maybe I can go to see the other Kender too.." Locky glances over to Babuskha, seeing her face.

"Are you ok? Big Cities are fun, besides you have me to look after you!" She smiles, hugging the Gnome tightly.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"One needs a license to sell wares in the marketplace," Merithina says. "But I am sure my father will be more than happy to help set you up with one. He has a lot of pull in the city. Some say he might even be the next Merchant Lord someday."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Then I'd better see to my wares while we are traveling, to have something to sell." Babushka manages a smile to Merithina, then gets up. "Is Leafloam still around?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I think he's still outside, in the town square," Shay remarks. "Come to think of it, I don't know if he's moved from that spot since you guys arrived."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Thank you, Shay" says Babushka and walks out, to find Leafloam and sit in his shade, her back to his trunk, eyes closed, thinking.