Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VIII)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VIII

Post by Jenara »

"Did you see that?" Locky asks in amazement, "Oh no, you didn't sorry, it was so amazing, they had this little pulleys and ropes, and it was great." She sits down, legs crossed still smiling.

"And I am so happy about the Curse, that is so good."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Indeed, I appear to be cured. I am going to be happy to see the back of this place." He strokes Babuskha's hair (after some fumbling after the invisible Gnome) "How are you my dear?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka remains quiet all through this. Some part of her rebels strongly at being told what to do, like a child. But strangely, it feels very good to be taken care of as well, not to be - or perhaps just feel? - in charge for once. So she lets herself be led, and enjoys the company and care of her friends.

"There's a lot I have to learn, I feel" she tells them. "And Locky, once we're out of this, I'd like to tell me about Paladine. You have saved me so many times with his help, have saved us all."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard just sits stroking the Gnomes hair. Occasionally glancing at the two Engineers.

"Locky, I need your eyes, if you see anything tell me straight away. He says reaching for another Torch, yet Not lighting it.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka snuggles close to Jerrard, occasionally guiding his hand back so it doesn't get into her eyes. "It must be strange to stroke someone you can't see" she tells him.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"That is the difficulty my dear, I am mindful of accidentally placing my hand anywhere 'inappropriate' and thus causing offense. Hence the reason why I am stroking your hair." He grins in the darkness, aware she can see him quite clearly.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Of course I can Babuskha, I would love to, and I can make the stories fun, far too many are old and stuffy, but some are SOOOO much fun!" She grins.

Locky nods when Jerrard mentions the light and stands glancing about, "Oh Sunni!" she runs to the Gnome in sudden realization, "You were hurt, please, let me help you." She calls on Paladine.

(Locky casts cure wounds)

1d8=8
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

If Jerrard could see in the dark, he'd see Babushka blush. "Oh" she says, "that thought had never crossed my mind."
Sadly, she seems to stiffen now, no longer enjoying the touch as much as before.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Babuskha you are quite silly, I am have been around long enough to know what you are thinking." He shakes his head, frowning. "I can assure you the thought never crossed my mind."

Still shaking his head he takes her hand. "Relax my dear, you are quite safe with me."

Sitting in silence a moment he starts to say something, then finally after a few minutes, he starts to speak.

"I never expected to care for you and Locky, but you have grown on me. I am very fond of you. I. I." He coughs clearing his throat. "I do not have any siblings. I have never really been close to many people. Yes there have been women, but I was always in the Library."

He keeps his hands to himself for a moment. "Your friendship is dear to me Babuskha, I would lay down my life to protect you, and I know you would do the same."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"OK" Babushka says, her voice sounding a little sad, though. "I'll try to get some more sleep, then."
With that, she curls up in the blanket again and goes still.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After ten minutes, the last of the oil in Jerrard's lantern burns out, again leaving them in darkness. The engineers don't mind, though, they can see well in the dark and continue their work. After an hour, they have things set up and begin the process of hauling the two horses up to the surface.

========================

Locky casts Cure Light Wounds on Sunni, she is fully healed.
Babushka's severe fatigue wears off. She can now be magically healed.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky smiles as Babuskha goes to sleep, the whole conversation between Jerrard and the Gnome being lost on her.

She notes Babuskha is breathing more steadily and lays her hands on the Gnomes head, infusing her with healing.

1d10+1=3, 1d10+1=7 10hp restored.

"Sleep well Babuskha." She says with a grin, realising there was something she nudges Jerrard, "I will stay with her, go help the Gnomes." With that she sits beside her, hugging her close.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard just nods, kicking himself inwardly he realises there is nothing he can say right now to make things better.

Instead he leans over, kisses her head lightly. "Look after her." He then walks to the pool, his mind elsewhere.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The gnomish engineers, working diligently, manage to strap each horse into the harness and lift it up to the surface, one after the other. At the entrance of the tunnel, sunlight is beginning to shine through. It looks to be shortly after dawn.

==============

Locky casts Cure Moderate Wounds (x2) on Babushka, she regains 10 HP.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Thank you, Locky. And thank Paladine." Babuhska gives her kender friend a big hug.

"Now, let's get back to the village, shall we?"