Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VIII)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VIII)

Post by JadedDM »

Everyone feels refreshed and rejuvenated after a long rest.

================

(Locky is now level 5, so I'll need a 1d8 from Jenara for her HP. She also acquires a new spell slot for 1st, 2nd and 3rd level prayers. Yep, Locky can use 3rd level prayers now. So she'll need to spend another hour to fill those new slots, if she wishes.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VIII

Post by Jenara »

Locky grins as she wakes, Fizban had answers her prayers, almost too well, she felt she had untapped potential... "Wow, that was a Lovely sleep, even if it was on a rock!" Locky grins, lifting her head from Babuskha's shoulder,

"Fizban has been kind to me, I think I can reach.." She grins, maybe Kender weren't supposed to reach this far in the priesthood. "If I spend just a little while thinking, I think I can do more with my spells. Perhaps while we eat Breakfast?" She asks with a Grin.
--------
(1d8=5 5 extra HP, yay!!! Lets see what the group thinks...)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka wakes up, feeling refreshed but still sore. "Breakfast? Excellent idea. But we shouldn't keep Leafloam waiting for longer than necessary. He needs the sun as much as we need food."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"It has been many a day since I've felt the warm sunlight upon my boughs," Leafloam agrees.

===============

OOC: 5 HP added to Locky's max HP score.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Locky Takes another cure light, and another cure moderate, plus Prayer)

Bab: Cure Moderate: 1d10+1=10 10hp healed

Jerrard: Cure Moderate: 1d10+1=6, two Cure Lights: 1d8=4, 1d8=6 cure light 1d8=2 18hp healed)

Herself: Cure Moderate 1d10+1=3 Cure Light: 1d8=5 8 hp healed)

Sitting quietly while the others eat Locky prays to Fizban for more aid, when she is done she sets about healing the group, concentrating on the others first, then herself.

"So, where to now? We should rescue the horses, shouldnt we?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After breakfast, Locky heals up everyone with her divine powers, putting the party in good shape again. Luckily, nothing comes across their camp during this time to interrupt.

==================

Locky spends another hour filling her new spell slots while everyone eats breakfast.

Encounter rolls (1d10): 3, no encounters and (1d10): 6, no encounters.

Babushka is healed 10 HP.
Jerrard is healed 18 HP.
Locky is healed 8 HP.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

After eating Breakfast Jerrard thanks Locky for her aid, before surveying the situation.

"We have to get these horses out of here, we really do." he looks curiously at the two steeds. "But how?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka answers eagerly, she obviously has done some thinking and wants to show off the result. "Well, with fodder and water, horses can survive for years underground. People do it in mines, you know. So we should go up and to the village and collect the fodder I asked the others to purchase.

Then I'd like to explore these caverns further, following the streams. With any luck, they will lead us to a river large and calm enough to get the horses out. If there's no such river, we'll need the aid of many people to install a system of ropes and pulleys to get them up the ladders.

But my first priority is to go see the sun again. And maybe have a decent meal at the inn. Perhaps we'll find a young person there who's willing to come down here and care for the horses if they're given a few silvers."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Its a shame we can't fly them out, isn't it?" Locky asks, examining something from her pockets, it appears to be an old napkin ring, but with her it was hard to tell.

"I would like to go to the Inn, let them know the Shroom is gone, and tell them the story of course! Then I'd like to come back, make sure all of those horrible Monsters are gone, and have a little rest. Could I go and see Hilda too?"

(Locky plans to donate large portion of the money she has in the chest to the Church)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"More powerful members of my order could do such a thing, those who have passed the tests certainly would." Jerrard comments over his dried rations, he sits with his face in the Shrooms books, trying to grasp the spells written there. He would have to spend many hours learning them, mastering the incantations.

"Your plan is a good one my dear, we collect the fodder, let the horses graze, have a meal at the inn as Heroes and then clear the rest of this place." He smiles.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jerrard looks over the spellbooks he recovered. The first one, the one he found in the Shroom's library, has the following spells in it: Charm Person, Enlarge, Magic Missile, Protection from Good, Mirror Image, Web, Feign Death, and Fly.

The second book, the one that Ulster recovered from the Shroom's body, contains: Charm Person, Enlarge, Jump, Magic Missile, Protection from Good, Mirror Image, Web, and Flame Arrow.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

After Breakfast, Babushka packs her things, then walks over to the horses, doing her best to make them comfortable and let them understand she will leave them now, but return soon, and that they should stay there.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"So we go to the surface? Let Leafloam feel the sun on his leaves?" Jerrard asks as he closely the book.

"And the church! I have to tell Hilda, and to help her." Locky grins her face all childish for a moment. "Could we sleep in a real bed?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"You may, Locky, but I will return here as soon as possible. I don't like the idea of leaving the horses for too long. They might wander off, and the floor is slippery in places, they might hurt themselves. And I'm sure they'll be afraid if they have to stay so long in the dark"

If no one objects, Babushka will lead on the way back to the surface.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"The others have gone already, I do not wish to be left alone. No I am staying with you and Jerrard!" Locky announces quite proudly, "You don't get rid of me that easy!" With that she pounces on whoever is closer, and hugs them tight.

"Besides they are actually my horses, I brought them here, so I should help look after them." She grins, imagining herself riding the 'lady' horse with her hoopak like a lance.

Borderlands 3 - Navi