Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VIII)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VIII

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard hangs back with Leafloam, laughing at the Kender. "Well met Master Shay!" He shouts.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka almost stumbles over her own feet as Locky starts to drag her along, but manages to keep her balance. "Hello Shay" she says simply, extending her hand to him.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Once the group is closer, Shay walks out to greet them. He shakes Babushka's hand with his good arm. "Glad to see you all made it. We've been staying in the temple since we got back, with Montajay looking after us. Come inside, say hi to everyone," he says.

"I...will wait out here," Leafloam says, digging his roots back into the ground again. "Need to...rest."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Of course you do" Babushka says to Leafloam, smiling affectionately. "I was very surprised you came with us at all."

Turning to Shay, she answers: "If you will excuse me, I'll go to the stables and see how my donkey is doing."

She walks over to the stables and when she reaches them, she calls softly: "Dekker!"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky goes inside as does Jerrard. Following Shay as he goes to the Temple.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Babushka enters the stables alone. The moment she calls for Dekker, she hears the donkey eagerly responding. She finds Dekker in one of the stalls. From what she can tell, he has been well-treated since he was checked in.

Meanwhile, Jerrard and Locky enter the temple with Shay. Inside, they find Elvenoff, Ulster and Merithina sitting in one of the pew's chatting. Like Shay, Elvenoff is all bandaged up. Upon noticing the party's entrance, all three get to their feet.

"Hey, hey! You guys made it!" Ulster exclaims. "Wait a minute, where's--"

"Stables," Shay answers. "Oh, and the tree guy is outside. Didn't look too good. Eh, but I'm no expert."

"Oh, good," Ulster says. "Glad you all made it. Thuskar is in a private room, Montajay is looking over him. We've filled her in on what's happened. Everyone in town is calling you guys the Heroes of Buho now. It's something else."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Heroes? Us? Really?" Locky stands amazed, a beaming smile on her face. "Shay did you bring the chest back up? I have something i need to do." Locky stands seriously, her jaw square and resolute..

Jerrard smiles. "Well met my friends, we have indeed made it, the horses need to be dealt with, and there are still things to do." He lowers himself on a pew near them, his hands outstretched.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka is enjoying the reunion with her longtime companion, fondling him and talking softly. After some time, she promises to return soon and take him out, then walks back to the temple to meet with the others.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yeah," Shay says. "I can divide it up now." He retrieves the chest from another room, then divides up the coins inside as he originally promised. Babushka returns just as he finishes, and he gives her her share, as well.

=============

Babushka, Jerrard, Locky and Shay each gain 300 STP and 2 PP.

Jerrard is now in light encumbrance.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Thank you" Babushka says to Shay, smiling. "Locky? would you like to come and help me choose new boots? If there's a shoemaker in the village, that is. Does anyone know?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Of course!" She smiles, giving the Gnome a huge hug, "I have to do something first." She gets her money and heads off to find Hilda, finding the Cleric.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky finds Hilda in the next room, looking over Thuskar. The half-human, half-podman hybrid is lying on a cot, bandaged up. The aging priestess turns when Locky enters the room and faces her with a bit of surprise. "Oh...you're back." She smiles. "That's a relief. It's all I could do to keep the wounded in bed, they were all jumping at the bit to go back for you. They told me of your success. All of Buho is in your and your companions' debt."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Hilda!" Locky smiles, hugging the Cleric, "You won't believe it, I killed the Shroom, well it wasnt me but this bottle and... Oh is this yours?" She asks, handing over a huge pile of coins with a grin. (She hands over 150 Steel pieces)

"It is now." She grins and turns to leave.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Whatever Hilda's response was, Locky did not see or hear it, as she immediately rushes back out of the room, nearly colliding with Elvenoff in the process.

"We're all set here," Shay was explaining to the others. "We've been given free room and board for the next week at the inn, while we figure out a way to get the horses out of the cavern. So nothing to do until then but rest and heal up."

Merithina speaks up then. "And afterward, as I said before, you are all welcome to return with us to my home of Shrentak. My father will see that you are all well-rewarded and will want to meet you in person, I'm sure. It's a large port city, with just about anything you can think of being available--temples, a mageware shop, and a large marketplace."

"My thanks, but I must decline," Elvenoff says. "I have spoken much with the priestess, and she has told me much about Paladine. He seems a noble and just god. I have thus decided to remain here, and train in the ways of the platinum dragon, and protect this town from any further danger that may arise in the future."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ohhh That is great!" Locky beams, "I can teach you as well!" She giggles and turns to Merithina.

"I don't think I have ever been there, sounds like fun." She giggles looks to the others. "Your all coming of course?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi