Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 3: Descent into Darkness

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 3: Descent into Darkness

Post by mltillis »

"Doesn't look like there is anything in here to be concerned with Raist." Caramon turns at Sturm's announcement.... "Good! Lead the way!" He pauses at the tunnel entrance, looking at the slope and turning to his brother.... "We should tether ourselves with some rope, in case you slip on the way down"... Assuming Raistlin doesn't object and we have rope, Caramon ties one end around Raistlin and the other around himself..... "Go down first and I'll follow."
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Sturm waits at the mouth of the pipe for the Twins to enter.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Tas goes in next, followed by Flint and the Majere Brothers, leaving Sturm last.

It takes over half an hour to climb all the way down to the bottom of the pipe. When Tanis finally reaches the end and climbs out, he spends several minutes just stretching and working the kinks out of his muscles before anything else. "Let's never do that again," he mutters to nobody in particular.

Looking around, he finds himself in a 30' x 30' room with one open doorway to the east. There are also windows on the east wall that overlook the ruins of a city street, far down below. The roar of rushing water comes from that direction. On the floor directly south of the slanting sewer tube sit twenty large, rotting sacks.

=====================

(OOC: Nobody has any rope, I'm afraid. You can see everyone's inventory in the Character Stats thread, for future reference.)
Attachments
Xak Tsaroth Upper Level 10.jpg
Xak Tsaroth Upper Level 10.jpg (66.53 KiB) Viewed 9169 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Laurana resists the urge to offer to rub Tanis's shoulders, instead she turns to Magpie. "How do you get down? We can't jump that far..." She asks leaning down to the Gully Dwarf, she wasnt so bad, when you got past the smell, not someone she would like her father to meet though.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Climbing down last, Sturm enters the small room after everyone else, his face is dark yet no sound of complaint crosses his lips. "Indeed my Lady, how do we get down?" He says catching the end of Laurana's question.

"We will be an easy target in the open like that, what is through there?" He asks the others, pointing to the door.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Caramon walks over and gives one of the sacks a nudge with his boot, taking a look to see what may be held within it..... "I fear that we will know soon enough, Sturm.... Tanis, you and Tasslehoff have the keenest eyes of our lot. Can either of you spot anything from those windows?"
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"It is strange that we've gone so far down, but still are above a city" Goldmoon muses, but lets the keener-eyed companions closer to the windows.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Caramon nudges one of the sacks, and a white powder spills out. It looks to be very old flour.

Magpie grins. "Magpie knows the way. Follow," she says, gesturing toward them. She steps out into the hallway, and heads north.

Any who follow her find that the corridor opens up into a wide cavern. The steepening floor of said cavern narrows into a smooth, yard-wide vertical drain. Water, collected from all the fissures in the cavern, swirls steadily down the sides of the shaft.

"Slide down," she says. "Is fun."
Attachments
Xak Tsaroth Upper Level 11.jpg
Xak Tsaroth Upper Level 11.jpg (72.25 KiB) Viewed 9151 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I...." Laurana starts to protest, she was a Prncess of Qualinesti, she should not be expected to slide down a drain, but she asked to be here, she tld them of her skills, one little bit of water wasn't going to get in her way.

"Are you coming?" She asks, jumping onto the pipe, her cloak flying behind her she begins her desent.

-----

Sturm frowns, the young Elf was quite beautiful, yet headstrong and foolish, he could see the makings of a fine warrior, if she only listened.

"I shall follow her." He announces simply, placing himself on the drain he tries to not enjoy it.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Madness!" Flint says. "Crawling through a dry pipe is one thing, but as far as we know, this thing dumps out into the Newsea. We should find another way into the--" the dwarf stops short, his mouth agape, as Laurana and then Sturm jump into the pipe.

"Whee!" Magpie shouts, leaping after them.

"Laurana, no!" Tanis shouts, running to the edge of the drain. What does she hope to prove? he asks himself silently.

"Reorx's Beard!" Flint swears. "I could understand that kind of behavior from a kender. But you'd think those two would have more sense!"

Tanis stands there, looking down into the drain, debating with himself whether he should go in after them or not.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon shrugs "What choice do we have?" and follows Magpie.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"Lots of choices!" Tas declares as he hops down the slide giving the others a head start. He briefly ponders using his coat as a slide before opting to not try and catch up with the others in the tube. He turns left and right exploring the best method of sliding down the tube.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Chieftain's Daughter!" Riverwind cries, and without a second thought, he leaps in after her.

All that remain now are Tanis, Flint, and the Majere brothers. Tanis sighs and walks up to the drain. He looks down it for several moments. "All right...I'm going after them."

"That's madness, lad!" Flint objects.

"Yeah, I know. You can follow, or try and find another way. I can't order anyone to follow down here, though. It's up to you." And with that, he takes a deep breath and hops in.
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Raistlin merely sighs in annoyance and follows the half elf to the tube. "Come brother, we are apparently taking the unclean route down." he comments with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

With that said, he gathers his robes about himself and follows Tanis down the tube towards his unknown destination.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Caramon, naturally, goes where his brother goes. He is next down.

Flint is left all alone. "I could be in Solace right now!" he bellows to nobody in particular. Stomping over to the drain, splashing quite a bit, he peers down it. "I could be enjoying a nice pint by a warm fire, at home. But no! First the boat, then the rain, then the swamp!"

He snorts. "I am getting too old for this!" Then, finally, he jumps in.