Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 3: Descent into Darkness

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 3: Descent into Darkness

Post by mltillis »

"We should check the other entrances to avoid any surprises".... Caramon skirts along the room's curved wall to peer thru the northern exit.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed we should." Laurana answers in agreement to Caramon, but she turns her attention back to the Gully dwarf.

"Have you seen other places like this in the city?" She asks, giving the creature a smile, "You did not tell me your name little one." She adds.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Sturm glances to both exits, and nods to Caramon, "Caramon, check the exit to the South with your brother, I will check the North, Tas!" He grabs the Kender, "You are coming with me." With that he walks to the doorway, peering down. "What do you see Tas?" He asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Riverwind looks around slowly. "No..," he says. "Not here. But I do remember coming this way to find it."

"Magpie," the gully dwarf says in answer to Laurana's question. "And me not see statues like this inside city. But city pretty big. Might be more."

Sturm and Tas head to the north door, and the kender looks inside with his infravision. He will see that in this room, the ceiling has partially collapsed. A 4' diameter sewer constructed of fitted stone apparently fell through the roof, caving in the northeast corner of the room. Now, the jagged edge of the broken tunnel juts through the rubble-strewn floor. "There!" Magpie says, coming up to them. "That secret way, down there." She points to the sewer tunnel. It does look as though a man could follow the tunnel downward into the dark quite some way, but there would be no room to swing a sword.

Meanwhile, Raistlin and Caramon check the south room. They only find a 30' square room that rises 20' to a flat ceiling. Wall carvings, coated in a slimy green substance, adorn the walls.
Attachments
Xak Tsaroth Upper Level 09.jpg
Xak Tsaroth Upper Level 09.jpg (61.71 KiB) Viewed 8299 times
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Passing along the details to the group, Tas leans in and says. "I bet I could fit in here." He watches where the path of the gully dwarves and traces their path, quickly. "It's not a pot, either. I bet the pot is much more fun." He sounds almost sad that he does not get to ride in it.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon feels irresistibly drawn to the statue of Mishakal and places the blue crystal staff into her hands carefully, not letting go of it yet.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Placing the staff in the statue's hands does not seem to have any visible effect. Still, Goldmoon can't help but feel that Mishakal is looking over her and the group even now.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon picks the staff back up and touches it to her front for thanks, then waits for the two scouting groups' reports.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Oh." Laurana replies, following Magpie, "You want us to go down there?" She looks to the Dwarf, her eyes full of worry. "Where does it lead little one?"

She looks over to Tas and Sturm, "Where's Tanis?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Down to city," Magpie says absently, distracted by her shiny new 'magic' coin. She attempts clumsily to make it spin like Raistlin did, but to no avail.

Tanis steps into the room and looks around. "Are we sure that's safe?" he wonders aloud, looking down the tunnel.

Riverwind, meanwhile, stays close to Goldmoon while Flint peers into the southern room with the Majere brothers.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I feel the same my friend, yet do you see any other way down?" Sturm asks, staring at the pipe with concern. "We have to get there, and this seems the right way. Tas and I hate to say it but Laurana should go first, she can at least hold her own for a few minutes if there is a fight." He looks to his leader for agreement.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'll go, although it looks rather Horrible." The elf squirms and looks down the hole.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"Ahhhhh" Tas whines softly and quickly asks. "I'll just stay out here, then." He clears his throat and looks at Laurana as she vanishes down the passage.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Sturm frowns, watching the young Elf move towards the pipe. "Should we let her go?" He moves towards the pipe, watching Tanis's reaction.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Absolutely not," Tanis says. "It's too dangerous. I'll go first. Sturm, keep an eye on Laurana. I'll call out if there's any danger," the half-elf states.

"Me go, too," Magpie says. "Show the way. Don't take wrong turn!"