Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 3: Descent into Darkness

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 3: Descent into Darkness

Post by JadedDM »

The gully dwarves 'ooh' and 'aah at Raistlin's performance. A number of them leave the line and crowd around the crimson wizard, elbowing and shoving each other to get a better look. When Raistlin appears to pull a coin from one gully dwarf's ear, this produced a momentary interruption in the performance as the Aghar's friends grabbed him and peered intently into his ear, one of them even sticking his finger inside to see if more coins might be forthcoming.

While they are distracted, Raistlin singles out one and casts his spell. The gully dwarf in question blinks a few times, but seems to just shake it off. The Aghar, a female, must have had a particularly strong will for her kind.

====================

Just a note, Charm Person only affects one person, not a whole group.

Gully dwarf's saving throw vs spell (1d20-1): 16, pass. The gully dwarf is not charmed.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Sturm shrugs as he watches the show, the mage was a showman, that was for certain, but he always was.

----

Assumption,
Laurana arrives as The Mage is pulling a coin from the horrible little creatures ear, she notes the signs of magic and waits to see what happens, disappointed she steps forward slowly putting on her best smile.

"Hello, did you like the show? We were looking to find the Highbulp, to give him the greatest show you have ever seen, only we can't tell the bosses, if we do they will stop us." she produces a shiny copper piece. "My friend is going to make this coin magical, with strong magic. He will give it to whoever will show us to the Highbulp." she flashes a look to Rastlin
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

One of the Aghar, a female, steps forward. She is scrawny and unattractive, not wearing shoes, and has her filthy black hair tied up in a bun. Small flies buzz around her head, as she smells of refuse. "Me help!" she proclaims.

"No help!" another one, a male, says tugging on her sleeve. "Masters get mad. Have to ride pot."

She ignores him, however. "Give magic coin to me. Me know secret way down to city, can take you to Highbulp!"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Laurana smiles kindly, flipping the coin in her fingers she passes the coin to the dwarf.
"The coin is yours, show us the way and my friend will do strong magic." pausing she adds. "I am Laurana."

Stroking his moustache Sturm looks to the rest of the group, he gives Tanis a confused glance. Could they trust these creatures?
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Golmoon looks at Laurana, surprised that the young elven lady took the lead. But why shouldn't she, she had a good idea after all.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Tas briefly ponders his collection of shiny things and waits to see if Flint's cousins are into such things. If they require trade, he might have something useful. Still, it is a shiny coin that she has. He admits to himself. He shifts over and nudges Flint. "What's the pot? Dwarves have punishment dishes?" He asks in awe. "Wow, you guys are strict." He says in a low whisper. "I would have never thought of that kind of thing."
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Interesting." Sturm tries to hide his smile, the girl had a brain. While he dissaproved of the methods, the idea worked.

He stands still waiting for the Gully Dwarfs reaction.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

In the distance, there is the sound of a whip cracking. The gully dwarves, save for their new guide, immediately get back in line. Then the line begins moving forward.

Their guide walks back toward the way the party came from, near the gaping holes in the floor. "This way," she says. "Me know way bosses not know. Is secret."
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Raistlin quickly follows after the Gully Dwarf, obviously not troubled by the creatures. He does not look back at the others, too focused on moving deeper into the city.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Wait a minute" Goldmoon tells their guide. "Most of us are taller than you are. Are you sure we can use the secret way?"
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Caramon stands silent as Raistlin begins to follow after their guide. Looking first to Tanis and the others, his gaze drifts over the gully dwarves and then towards the sound of the whip cracking. Slowly the big man turns and shuffles after his brother...
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Laurana had gone with the dwarf's only pausing to attempt to pull Tanis along with her. When he resisted she goes alone.

"What is the pot?" she asks as she follows the little ragged creature.

When Goldmoon speaks she adds: "Yes, how are we to fit?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Tas tries not to run ahead while following along next to Flint. He eagerly awaits news of this pot penalty of the dwarves.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No problem, fit fine," the gully dwarf says with a dismissive wave of her hand. "Good fun, you see." In answer to the other question, she says, "Big pot, go up and down. Bosses use. Not use big pot, too many bosses. Two bosses. Secret way have no bosses. We use secret way."

Maneuvering around the large holes in the ground, the gully dwarf takes them east. To the south, they can hear a cranking sound, but the gully dwarf ignores it and continues east into a room. It appears to be some kind of temple.

The 30' wide octagonal room rises 60' to a domed ceiling. The back wall bears a relief statue of the goddess Mishakal. The arms of the statue reach down as if to receive something. Exits lie to the north, south, and the western one they just came from.

"Secret way this way," she says, pointing north. "Bosses not know it. Take us down to city."

Riverwind pauses at the statue. "This is...familiar. I have been here before," he says, remembering.
Attachments
Red dot - party's location
Red dot - party's location
Xak Tsaroth Upper Level 08.jpg (53.2 KiB) Viewed 5597 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon turns towards her beloved. "Is this where Mishakal gave you the staff?" she asks. She proceeds toward the statue, ready to lay the staff into its hands.