Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 3: Descent into Darkness

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH 3: Descent into Darkness

Post by JadedDM »

"A dragon," Tanis whispers.

"A real one?" Flint asks, skeptically. "We thought there was one in that draconian camp, but it was a fake."

"How can we hope to stand up against something like that?" the half-elf asks himself softly. He looks around the small room they are all huddled up in. Behind him are the doors leading to the courtyard and the well. Before him are another set of double doors, no doubt leading deeper into the temple.

Kneeling down by Goldmoon and Riverwind, he asks her, "Will he be all right?"
Attachments
Here you can see the well outside, and the small room they are currently inside.  Each square is 10 feet.
Here you can see the well outside, and the small room they are currently inside. Each square is 10 feet.
Xak Tsaroth Upper Level 01.jpg (31.8 KiB) Viewed 11185 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Re: CH 3: Descent into Darkness

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon looks up at Tanis, tears in her eyes.

"I can't tell" she whispers, her voice gone. "I can't tell anything anymore." She gulps. "The staff healed so many wounds, but here it didn't light up as it did before. Maybe I angered the Goddess, though I don't know how. I did what I could, what I thought was right." Her whole figure is a picture of misery and despair as she looks at Tanis, then quickly averts her eyes.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Tanis places his hand on Goldmoon's shoulder and gives it a gentle squeeze. Despite her abandoning him and Flint, he finds it difficult to be mad at her when she's so clearly miserable.

He stands back up and turns toward the others. "Has anyone seen what is beyond these doors yet? This place feels safe...but it might not be. Draconians could be crawling within, as far as we know, and might stumble upon us at any moment. It may be prudent to check the other rooms of this building, make sure it's secure."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Laurana watches Tanis with Goldmoon, a little spark of jealously appearing on her face, ignoring them she turns to Tas.

"Shall we go explore?" She asks with a glint in her eye, knowing the Kender would be up for some investigating"Just a few rooms, you can stay here and watch Riverwind." She giggles, this was all so serious, a REAL Dragon? What else could she do?
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Raistlin looks at Goldmoon. "The staff has limits... it is not an endless supply." Raistlin says, logic coming through as harsh as ever from the young mage.

He nudges Caramon. "Come brother, let us take a look around with the others." he says as he heads over to Laurana and Tanis.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"I was a real dragon, once." Tas asserts and steps up to look at the door. "Crawling, huh? You think they would walk. I bet they would walk if we walked inside." He touches his tools of the trade in idle fashion while looking at the door. He steps up a few feet and focuses in on the door itself. "Can I?"
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

At Raistlin's words, Goldmoon's head lifts. "Oh! that would be an explanation" she says, some hope returning to her voice.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I shall stay with them." Sturm adds, his face dark and solemn, "Go check this out, make sure we arent sitting on top of hundreds of these creatures."

He unsteahes Brightblade, placing it across his lap.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I am going, you'd still be locked up if it wasn't for me." Laurana smiles, following Tas to the door.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Pushing open the golden doors, they find themselves entering the central chamber of the temple. A tremendous dome rises high above the delicate tile floor. It seems as though time has stilled in this room. There is a soft light illuminating the entire room, but it appears to have no source.

In the center of the circular room stands a polished statue of singular grace and beauty: the delicate form of a woman, draped in flowing robes. Her hair cascades about her shoulders and neck, which is adorned by a detailed amulet. The look on her face is one of radiant hope tempered with sadness. A feeling of warmth and love abides in the room.

But it seems unfinished somehow, incomplete. The marble woman's hands are curved, as if they had been holding a long slender pole, but the hands are empty.

Elsewhere in the room are another pair of double doors behind the statue, double doors to the left and right side of the rooms, and then a single door on each side of the front wall.
Attachments
The red dot is the party's current location.
The red dot is the party's current location.
Xak Tsaroth Upper Level 02.jpg (33.6 KiB) Viewed 11158 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"How lovely!" Laurana says breaking the silence, "Yet sad at the same time, she looks like she is missing something."

Getting closer if she is allowed, Laurana looks at the statue, checking out what is on the symbol.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The symbol resembles the number eight, but horizontal--the symbol of infinity, just like the one that was outside of the temple door.

Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Visibly perturned at the lack of a proper lock, Tas sighs dramatically and hustles inside to look around the place and focuses on the amulet. "Ohhhh..." He drifts close to the golden statue and looks at it a few feet shy of actually touching it. "You think they would better protect this kind of thing." He remarks in idle fashion to the group.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

At Laurana's exclamation, Goldmoon looks up. She had planned to stay by Riverwind, but now she feels drawn to the statue. Taking the staff, she walks over. "Goddess, here is your staff" she whispers, offering it to her, looking if maybe it is supposed to be slipped into the statue's hands, and how she could do it.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

When Goldmoon enters the room, the staff sparkles lightly, as if what little power remaining within it is trying to ignite. The statue suddenly comes to life, and looks directly at Goldmoon with a smile. "Beloved disciple, welcome. I am Mishakal." The statue looks over her shoulder, toward Riverwind. "I see my messenger has brought you the staff. And you, in turn, have returned it to me. For that, he should be rewarded."

The statue points at Riverwind, and a flash of blue light engulfs him. All of his injuries are healed instantly. Even his hair grows back to its original length. Standing up, he finds himself cured of fatigue, as well, as if he just spent a week resting in bed. "Goddess," he whispers, entering the room. He quickly drops to his knees in reverence. "I remember now. The woman cloaked in blue light. She is the one who gave me the staff."

"Please, all of you, step inside," the statue says. "Bask in my love, and you will find your injuries heal, as well." Indeed, anyone standing in close proximity of the statue finds their wounds rapidly healing on their own.

========================

Mishakal casts Heal on Riverwind. Riverwind is fully healed.