Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

FC0 - CH 4: Ambushes!

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Day Four

Post by HorizonsDream »

"This is kind of a long process of going through things, but it kind of needs to be done," Tavi comments as she goes about lighting the lantern. "I need to start considering my options of when I do save my sisters. What are we going to do now that our home is gone?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I don't know," he says, as they walk together under the full moon's light. "There's a town not too far from here. Called Sturnheim. I go there now and again to buy supplies. It's not much of a home, though. Pretty dismal, kind of depressing."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Yeah, I know of the place," Tavi says softly. "I know why it is kind of depressing too since my family is kind of from there, or at least my grandpa and grandma were," she explains as she walks along with him. "We rarely talk about it though because of the shame that my grandpa apparently brought to the place."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"You're grandpa's the reason that place is so miserable?" asks Barlemus incredulously. "Ut. Maybe it's not such a good idea to go there after all then. But the next town is pretty far off on foot. And the road's dangerous these days: bandits, goblins, and who knows what else."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, I don't have my grandpa's last name, so no one really knows that I'm related to him," Tavi says. "So it really shouldn't be a problem. Besides, it has been kind of one of my dreams to restore my family's honor. I don't know how a whole town can blame a bunch of dead people for their misfortune anyway. It doesn't seem right."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Barlemus shrugs. "Eh, people can do some pretty odd things at times. You never know." He steps over an old fallen log as they continue. "So...these sisters of yours. Any of 'em pretty?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"...Well, am I pretty?" Tavi asks with a small grin. "You know, when I'm not covered with ash, dirt, and the blood of goblins."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"What? Oh, uh...well, I mean, yeah, of course you are," Barlemus says, scratching the back of his neck. "But I was talking about more of the dress-wearing pretty, you know? Uh, more girly pretty, I guess."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Hey, I can be girly pretty. I use to do it all the time!" Tavi admits with a huff as she crosses her arms over her chest. "Sparrow is too young. Hallie is my older sister, and I guess you would call her girly pretty. Though, I'm not so sure I want you going after her now that I think about it."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Ut! Why not? What's wrong with me? I'm a nice guy," Barlemus objects. "I mean, I am risking my neck to save 'em, after all. And I haven't even seen 'em yet. And I'd still save 'em, even if they were ugly."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well," Tavi starts, looking up to Barlemus. She starts to study his features as if she was appraising him like he was some sort of rare jewel. Standing on her toes as she walks, she takes off his helmet. "I guess you are handsome enough what with the blonde hair and blue eyes, and you do seem to be nice enough. You hunt goblins for a living though. I'm not sure if I should count that against you or not," she adds playfully.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'm strong, too, don't forget!" he adds, flexing his arm. "Hey, wait a minute...what's wrong with hunting goblins? If I wasn't so good at it, you'd have a lot harder time fighting the Shadowbite clan," he points out.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi pokes Barlemus in the stomach with a laugh. "Can't you tell when someone is picking on you?" she asks. "Of course, I'm very grateful for you help, and without you I probably couldn't do this at all. I don't know how my sisters will react to you to be honest. We were pretty sheltered when it came to men," she admits.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Oh...right. Yeah, I knew that," he says, putting his cap back on.

Shrugging, he adds, "Ahh, that's okay. I don't see too many women out here, so I'm not exactly real experienced with talking to 'em, either. Actually, I think killin' gobos is easier than talkin' to women. They can be hard to understand sometimes."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"You're talking to me aren't you?" Tavi asks curiously. "I'm not that hard to talk to am I?"