Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

FC0 - CH 4: Ambushes!

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Day Four

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi climbs down from the tree and joins the rest of the group. "Why don't I just sit back and watch the two of you do all the work since apparently I can't hit anything," she says kind of sourly.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"You're lucky you didn't hit this oaf," Arvin says, gesturing to Barlemus.

"Muf?" Barl says, his mouth full of food.

"You came in too early. I couldn't see my targets as well, consequently," Arvin reprimands.

"Hey, we won, didn't we?" Barlemus points out after swallowing.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Arvin, you still managed to hit your targets," Tavi points out. "And it worked out for the best anyway," she adds. "So do we make camp here for the night?" she asks the others. "Seems we got food and a fire going for us all ready."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yeah!" says Barlemus.

Arvin snorts and collects the rest of his arrows.

"Probably not a good idea to stay here among the goblin corpses," Barlemus says to Tavi. "They'll attract more animals. We can just take this food with us."

Arvin returns and adds, "Besides, you look like you could use another one of Petal's poultices."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Do I really look that bad?" Tavi asks. "I don't exactly feel it, but then again I'll probably feel it later." She sighs softly. This wasn't going at all like she planned, but at least she had met some people that were willing to help her. "Barlemus, pack up the food, and then let's head back."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Barlemus takes some food, and then the three head out.

It takes several hours to return to Petal's grove, which means it is now sometime after midnight. Tavi isn't sure, as she's not used to being up this late. The three sit down to eat, although Arvin refuses to share the pork. Instead, he eats from his own rations. This just leaves more for the two humans.

Petal doesn't eat, either, but she does make a new poultice for Tavi to place on her shoulder where the rock hit her. The dryad also insists on checking Tavi's older wound, the scratches on her stomach, to make sure they aren't at risk of being infected.

"Well, we did all right," says Barlemus between bites. "Took out almost two dozen of 'em. That's a start."

"Tomorrow night will be more difficult," Arvin points out.

"Yeah..," Barlemus agrees. "Once they realize two of their patrols didn't return, they'll double their numbers and be on a much higher guard when they go out."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Do you think that they might suspect it is me doing all of this?" Tavi asks curiously. "I mean, they could just pin it on Barlemus here."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I doubt it," Barlemus says. "Unless you left some kind of evidence behind at the battle scenes that they can use to figure out it's you."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi stretches a bit, which causes her to wince as her wounds are still healing. "I hope you are right," she says. "Well, I think I'm going to clean up a bit, and then get some sleep. I don't think I've ever been up this late before," she admits sheepishly. Standing, she walks over to the lake to clean herself up a little bit.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

XP is as follows:

Octavia
Roleplaying: 200 XP
Ideas: 0 XP
Combat: 330 XP
Sidequest: 0 XP

TOTAL: 550 XP (+10%) = 605 XP