Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

FC0 - CH 4: Ambushes!

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

FC0 - CH 4: Ambushes!

Post by JadedDM »

The party rests all of the day and night. Petal watches over them, so all three can rest easily.

When morning comes, Tavi removes the poultices that Petal gave her and discovers her knee is completely healed and her stomach wound seems to be on the mend.

Barlemus, likewise, finds improvement in his own injuries, as well.

Arvin is all ready up when they get up. Tavi wonders idly if he ever slept at all last night. "Let us be off then, to this goblin trap of yours. We'll see if you caught anything."

=======================

(OOC: Barlemus and Tavi regain 2 HP. Everyone loses a day's worth of food and water.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Re: Day Four

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi stretches out for a few moments to get a few kinks out of her back before nodding to Arvin. "So hopefully we caught a goblin in the trap," Tavi says as she gathers her things. "Then we can question it about the Shadowbite Clan, and then make a plan on how to get in there to save my sisters."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"We'll see," Arvin says.

The party packs up their gear, says good-bye to Petal who wishes them luck, and then sets off.

After a couple of hours of walking, they return to the area where Tavi first met Barlemus, fought the worg, and set the trap. Sure enough, a red-skinned goblin is hanging upside down from the tree, in the trap. It hangs there loosely, but immediately starts flailing about when it sees the party arrive.

"Ha! Got one!" Barlemus says.

===============

It is now 12 PM (Noon).
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Great!" Tavi says with a big smile. "Now, let's see if we can get him to talk. That might mean having to be nice at first," she says to Barlemus. "Of course, they tend to talk under the threat of death too now that I think about it."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Barlemus starts shouting at the hanging goblin in its own language. The goblin responds angrily. Tavi has no idea what they are saying, but the language sounds crude and uncouth to her.

Arvin, meanwhile, ignores the conversation and instead looks around the camp, studying the ground.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi, at first, watches the goblin and Barlemus. Though, she isn't sure what is being said, so her attention wanes to look to Arvin. "What are you looking for?" she asks. "Is something wrong?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Arvin bends down to the ground and grins. "Tracks. I've found the goblin's trail. It will take us back to its lair. We don't need it after all."

======================

Arvin makes a Tracking check with a +4 bonus (1d20): 10, success.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Shouldn't we know how many we are facing though?" Tavi asks. "Any kind of slip up here, and it could mean my sister's lives," she points out. That was not something she was willing to risk.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Arvin frowns and stands up. "I would say the same risk still applies, considering who is performing the negotiation," he says, gesturing to Barlemus.

The two are still arguing in Goblin. At one point, Barlemus draws his sword threateningly and waves it at the upside down goblin.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi looks over to Barlemus, and her eyes widen for a moment. With a sigh, she walks over to him and places her hand on his arm to see if that will help calm him down. "What is going on?" she asks. "Seems like it isn't going well."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Barlemus grunts and lowers his sword. "Ut, I've never met such an uppity goblin. Usually they cower and scream when in a bad position. But the way this one's going on, you'd think I was the one hanging by a leg in a tree." He glares at the goblin, who glares back. Looking back to Tavi, he adds, "Any ideas on how to get its cooperation?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"That kind of makes sense, considering what Arvin said is about to happen," Tavi says with a sigh. "What has he said so far? Maybe I can work off of that."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Ah, nothing useful. It mostly just keeps saying how all us humans will be gone soon, and the land will be rightfully theirs, and a load of crap like that," Barlemus says. "I was going to try intimidating it. Goblins tend to crack under pressure. What do you think?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi studies the goblin that is hanging upside down for a moment before she nods to Barlemus. "It might work, especially if you mention that you could sick the Night Stalker on him if he doesn't work with you," Tavi suggests. "Don't mention that you are the Night Stalker though, otherwise it might not work."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Barlemus steps forward and shouts something menacingly at the goblin. It seems to have some effect, as the goblin pales.

"Okay, now we're getting somewhere. What should I ask him? Where his lair is?"

"Unnecessary," Arvin says. "I can track his prints back there anyway."

===========================

Barlemus attempts to intimidate the goblin with a CHA check (1d20): 9, success.