Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VII)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VII)

Post by Breila »

Babushka sighs, eying the bed longingly. "As much as I would like to stay here, too, I must see to the horses first. They can't stay here with us all, and without water."
Beckoning the horses on, Babushka follows Locky to the camp cavern, where there is enough space for them, and hopefully someone ready to watch over them while she gets a much needed rest.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Pushing onward, they pass by the vat room, go under the portcullis (and here, Locky finds the net has only captured one fish so far), and then make their way through the snaking tunnels to the prisoner chamber where they left everyone.

"We're back!" Ulster announces when he enters. "And we brought dinner!" he adds jokingly, glancing to the horses.

Thuskar and Merithina are on their feet immediately. Shay and Elvenoff remain where they are, however, still resting. Leafloam steps aside to let them enter with no reaction whatsoever.

"You...you found horses?" Merithina asks, confused.

"Did you take out the Shroom?" Shay asks weakly.

================

(OOC: Jerrard will need to make a saving throw or run out in fear of Thuskar.)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard stares at Thuskar for a moment, he tries to keep calm, yet his body shakes.

1d20=14 Pass

"Yes, we brought horses." He says controlling his fear, "I will let Locky tell the story. As the tale is hers." He grins, giving a fearful glance at Leafloam. "However it is good to see you all."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You won't believe it, well you might and you should, but well I found this bottle and it was really pretty, rather nice with horses on them just like this." Pointing at the horses, "Oh of course they are, because they are the horses, well anyway I we were fighting the Shroom and everyone was getting hurt. I didn't like it, and there was no light, plus I was running out of stones, so I picked up the bottle, was the first thing I found, actually I have some of it here.." She searches her pockets randomly..

"Why are you all looking at me like that? Ohh the story, why did you interrupt me??? Anyway I fired the bottle at the Shroom and these two HORSES appeared! It was so great, they landed on him and squashed him." She looks almost sad, "It was rather sad really, I never got to ask him what being a giant mushroom was like."

"So here we are."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes, here we are, and sorely in need of rest" Babushka adds. "We would all be dead without Locky's luck in firing the enchanted bottle, and without her healing skills Jerrard and I would have died of our wounds.

Thank you, Locky"
The gnome walks over to the kender and hugs her as hard as her own sore body allows.

"Now, we thought of moving part of the group to the shroom's bedroom, where a large reclining sofa can accommodate at least two of us, or one of you large people plus Locky and me. Someone should stay here with the horses, though, I thought you might like to do that, Leafloam, as I'm sure you don't like to be confined to a room made for man-sized beings" she turns to the treant.

Then, when we are rested, we should go up and to the village. We absolutely need fodder for the horses, and the people should know the main threat is gone from these caverns." Babushka looks around for comments or approval.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Merithina frowns. "If the Shroom is dead, shouldn't we leave immediately?"

Shay struggles to get to his feet. Merithina gives him a hand. At first, he tries to resist, but then shrugs and allows her to help him. "She has a point there. Why would we want to go deeper into this deathtrap if we don't need to? Let's get the Abyss out of here before anything else happens."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well, one reason could be that if you wait until Locky has rested, she can use her healing powers for you, and some of us others." Babushka points out to Shay. "It will be much easier to climb up the ladders and walk the long way back, both inside and outside the caverns. Also, we'd better be able to defend ourselves then.

But of course, you're free to go"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I agree with you both." Jerrard smiles at both Women. "I think we should rest, get some healing from Locky, and Elvenoff." He smiles at the Paladin. "Then most of you should go back to the village. I however want to browse deeper. I can't help fight the feeling we are, well, Missing something."

He motions to Merithina, "Come with us now, and we'll leave this place in the morning. And we'll figure out what to do with the Horses too." He grins, patting Babuskha lightly on the back.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka yawns, starts to leave the room, then stops as if remembering something. She turns to Leaflom. "Tell me, dear friend, do you remember the way you came in here? The way we came, and thus the only one out we know, has a wooden ladder and one made of moss. I guess that would be difficult for you to use, and it is impossible for the horses. If you came in by another way, it might be easier for us all."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I cannot help you in matters of healing," Elvenoff says sadly. "I have lost my powers. Whether it was because I disappointed my god, or he has simply abandoned me, I cannot say. But the divine connection between us has been severed."

Leafloam turns to Babushka. "I only know of the one entrance," he says. "But I can climb a ladder, although it will be slow going."

Ulster hands Jerrard his bow and quiver back. "All right. You guys did your part. You freed us, and we're grateful. We can do the rest. I'll lead Merithina and Thuskar back to the surface. Anyone else want to come?"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard gives them a knowing smile, "I would suggest Elvenoff and Shay go with you.. Go to the inn, tell them the Shroom is dead, rest and we will join you soon." He gives Merithina a grin, "Please?"

Looking to Leafloam he shakes once more, managing to keep himself together he looks at the horses.
"Leafloam, could you stay with us? Just to watch the horses, I understand you want to get back home. But."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I don't want you all to go." Locky wipes her nose, sniffing loudly, "Please wait in the Inn, we have to rescue these horses." Plus she wanted to take another look at that potion room.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"All right. The rest of us will return to the surface. The priests at the temple can heal us up. We'll wait for you at the inn," Ulster suggests.

"Not so fast," Shay says. "First, I want my armor back."

"Oh...oh, uh, sure. Right," Ulster replies.

"And my sword and shield," Elvenoff adds.

"Fine, fine. Let's not go nuts here," he says, returning the armor, sword and shield. "Good thing I found this rusty old thing," he mutters, referring to the rusted sword.

After putting his armor back on, Shay turns to Merithina. "You still have that wooden key, right?" he asks. She nods. "Good."

Everyone begins gathering up their gear. When Elvenoff picks up his lantern, the floating stonehead, still wrapped in Jerrard's cloak, eagerly follows the light.

"Don't worry about the chest we left under the waterfall," Shay says. "I'll be sure to collect it on our way out."

Leafloam looks between the two parties. "Thou wishes me to remain here, and watch thy steeds?" He gives a long, deep sigh. "Very well. But they hast best not try to eat what few leaves remain to me. How long shall I wait for thee, before moving on?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"You can leave Jerrard's cloak here" Babushka tells Elvenoff with a smile. "If that was a spying device, the one it reported to is dead."

To the group at large, she says: "Please buy fodder for two horses for two days, and have it bundled up to be carried by a donkey. We will come and collect it once we are rested." She produces a gold piece from her pouch and offers it.

Turning to Leafloam, she says: "I know I'm asking a lot of you. Locky needs four hours of sleep to get her powers back. They will do us good, too. Then we will return to the surface as well.
But you have a good point in fearing the horses might eat your remaining leaves. Much as I would like to sleep in the Shroom's bed, I think I must stay here. Please watch over my sleep."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Elvenoff removes Jerrard's cloak from the floating head and returns it to the wizard. Ulster also hands Jerrard the remaining fungus torches.

Babushka reaches into her pockets to produce a coin, but them remembers she has no money on her. Elvenoff holds up a hand. "Worry not, small one. I will purchase the horse feed for you."

=================

Jerrard is now in light encumbrance.

Also, a couple of corrections. The casters need 8 hours of rest, not 4. And nobody uses gold coins on Krynn, they're worthless. They use steel coins in their place. And yeah, Babushka has no money in her inventory, save for her portion of the treasure in the shambler's chest. :)