Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

New Arrival.... (Vee)

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

New Arrival.... (Vee)

Post by Jenara »

"Here she is, Saltmarsh, my stop, and yours." Benken announces as the small Cog slowly sails into the small harbour, it wasn't much, but to the young warrior it looked like a new world.

The journey across the Azure Sea from Amedio had been pretty bad, the old boat rocked and listed in the waves, she was tossed from side to side, never getting a moments peace. Yet it was the best she get, ships sailing from her homeland were rare. After all she had found Benken and his vessel by accident, the trader was hunting... well... she wasn't sure, but he took her, the tokens she had given obviously covered the passage.

She carefully checks the dagger she carries in her hidden pocket, the heirloom stayed hidden, it was blessed with power. Next she checked the vials she had 'borrowed' they would give her the strength of a lion, or make her the size of a tree, both very useful.

Kord, he had a plan for her, she would follow his guidance, her parents aims were... unlike hers.

Seeing the girl stand dumbfounded her nudges her. "This where you get off." He repeats rudely, almost shoving her. Vee is shuttled off the boat and onto the small harbour, the old stones are gently lapped by the incoming sea.

The first thing that hits her is the smell, the overpowering odor of old fish is carried on by the warm sea breeze, filling her nostrils.

From where she stands Vee can see a small road in front of her, a long caravan of wagons sits in the harbour. To her left and right are tall hills, to the right hill is a tall church, to the left is an old house, devoid of life....

A soiltary figure can be seen to the foot of the left hill, it sits cross legged, arms out stretched, covered from head to toe.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Re: New Arrival.... (Vee)

Post by LittleLuna »

Vee stands there, looking around with big eyes, watching the harbor and the Town.

How can I get money here? And how, (she recognice her grumpling stomach), can I get sometign to eat?
A inn would be something good, but Vee dont now if here, on the other side of the Azure Sea even exist something like that.

Vee starts to go into Saltmarsh, grasp her Quoterstaff with her right hand and hold her other hand neat to her dagger. She is a little bit nervus, because she dinn't now what for People my live in such a town.

(ooc: I think Vee has enough money for on or two days left, but not for more)
I am NOT sweet!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Walking into the town alongside the stone harbour wall covered in ivy.

Every local Vee sees gives her a wide berth, not wanting anything to do with her if they can, one man dressed in a long purple robe glares at her for a moment then goes on his way.

As Vee walks past the figure she saw earlier, a hand is raised in greeting, she could almost swear the hand is silver.

(ooc: I thought that would be the case, i gave you an additional potion to make up for her lack of gold :D )
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Vee stares back at the man, muttering 'idiot', loud enough that he mabye can hear it.

Once she sees the figure raising her hand she walks slowlier and her reason battels her curiosity: should shego to the person or not? If she use her mind, it is clear not to go near to somebody who is coverd and has a silvern hand. But live is so boring if you use your mind. Vee sarts to walk near to the person and says: "Hi, I'm seartching the inn here, maby you can help me? oh, I'm Veeleyana, by the way."
in time she says this she wathes the hand. Was it really silver?
I am NOT sweet!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Regarding Vee curiously the figure extends the hand fully, the long sleeve falling down to the elbow (it is indeed silver) "Brax" The figures voice is pleasant, smooth, like one of the elders.

As 'Brax' rises Vee can tell she is female, the woman adjusts the mace at her belt, and looks deeply into Vee's eyes, she could swear her eyes were glowing red. "There is but one inn in this... town. It is called the Cobweb inn, follow the road, you shall not miss it."

With that she turns looking at the house on the hill, then back to Vee.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

"Tanks. I wish you a good day, Brax."
Vee starts to go, than return a few steps later and ask:
"Do you tink the inn is a good place for to ask for a job?" (Vee smiles a little bit) "sorry, I wasent here before, I don't know anything about Saltmarsh and his Inhabitans."

(ooc: does Vee know, what a Drow is? )
I am NOT sweet!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax starts to sit down once more, but is interupted as Vee turns back to her.

"A job?" She gives a little laugh, "You do not look like someone who might wait tables."

With a little smile on her face Brax pats the girl on her back. "I think you should come with me. I know... You know of my people who we are." She puts her hands at her sides, "I am not like them, I was, I will say that, but now I serve the wonder of Pelor."

"How old are you anyway little one?" She asks as she removes her cloak, revealing her white hair and red eyes.

(ooc: she has heard of something her people call silver skined devils, they appear from below the ground at night, attack without warning and vanish.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

"I'm 15! And I'm NOT littele. I'm an complete warrior!"
Vee wants to say sometig more, but then, she thinks about the silver hand and the red eyes. Than (that happens really rearly) she hold her mouth close.

So, I've got what I want! somebody who is showing the inn to me, and mabye give me a job too... there is only the thing that this person is a silver skinned devil, that lives in the sun.

Vee goes on with Brax, more nervus than before.
I am NOT sweet!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Very well, I shall not call you Little One." She smiles and offers her hand. "It is in the teachings of Pelor to aid those less fortunate, you my dear appear to fit such a description."

If the girl takes the offered hand she leads her back to the inn. "You come from the Jungles to the South do you not? Across the Azure Sea? May I ask what brings you here?" She walks fast but delicately, full of grace.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

"Yes, I'm coming from across the Azure sea, from Amedio. I ran away from home after my warrior lessos... because... er.... I've aregured with my parents."
her voice makes clear that she wouden't tell something more.

"But now I ask mysellf if it was the right idea tocome here, witout money or any idea of people and culture."
Vee gives a brigt naughty smile
"So, now I'm here and I'll get the best of it. But tell me Brax, you don't look like a native too,how did you get here?

(occ: I think Vee know Pelor from name but she haves other goods at home)
I am NOT sweet!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"My story...?" She puts her fingers to her lips, making a little sshhing sound. "My story is not for a first meeting, and not for the daylight. However, no I am not native, I am a former Priestess of Spiders... But that life has passed."

(ooc: yes she does know of Pelor, the god of the sun, his clerics are kind and helpful, they heal aid and otherwise do good deeds)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

vee don't ask for more, but not because she wasen't intrest about Braxs history, nor she gives any notice to that Brax don't want to tell more, she is only a little bit carefull, even this person not seems to be bad, a Pristress of Spiders kan't be harmless.

"Ok, you don't tell me your sory, I don't tell you my story, thats all right.
Oh Ihope that there is a good food there in the inn and something to wash. Do you was ever on a ship for a longer time? you don't want it. I'm proud to have earth under my feets now. You can't wash yourselv without beeing watched of one or more sailors. it's awfull."
I am NOT sweet!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I believe the food is acceptable, I have yet to try it as it was time for me to pray." Brax says nothing else regarding her history, instead she watches the young warrior closely.

"No I have not had that dubious honor, besides there are not many who would look on me in the same way..." She winks and takes the girl over the old bridge, the timbers creak slightly as she does so, probably due to the recent traffic than anything else, "Here we are." she adds as they arrive outside a tall square shaped building, which proudly displays itself as the Cobweb inn. The old stones appear clean, the windows well maintained. Vee even notices a few flowers planted in old pots sitting outside.

"Do you have money?" She asks bluntly, leaning over to smell the flowers "Pelor would wish to me to aid an innocent, someone in need, I can help you if you wish, or if you are loth to accept charity, you may sleep on the floor in my room."

"I came here with others, they are located inside, two humans and.... " She pauses, "And Kim." She says with a flustered grin. "I would advise you stay away from the Shorter Human, he is... Light fingered." She waits for the Girl to respond before entering.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

"I have money for eating bout" sche gives an excusing smile "if I can sleep in your room it would be nice."
"It will be nice to meet you all. And don't care, I'm carefully evry time!"

Vee goes in and, if Brax sits down, sit next to her calling the innkeeper for to eat.

(occ: I'll go to the main thread to whrite on)
I am NOT sweet!