Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Study duty… (Echo/Amon)

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Study duty… (Echo/Amon)

Post by Jenara »

”No, again.” Daos repeated, the spell just wasn’t going in, Amon couldn’t twist and bend the energy so he could channel it to his will.. It was supposed to be a simple spell, Echo managed it so well. ”Todays lesson is over, consider what you have learnt here today.”

With that the elder mage grasps his staff in his hands, and vacates the small room, leaving the two younger mages to their thoughts. It wasn’t so bad, Daos was a good Teacher, one of the best, not many spoke of his power, yet… there was something lurking below the surface.

They had been to Daos's study room every day since their training had started, the old books, and familiar furniture were nothing new. The magical lights in the corners sat idle, as the afternoon sun reflected through the window, reminding the pair that the day was not over yet. Outside the sounds of a caravan could clearly be heard, the steel wheels clattering on the old wooden planks.

(ooc: I know this is short, but I can add to the story as you decide what to do...)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: Study duty… (Echo/Amon)

Post by JadedDM »

Amon sighs. It was a simple spell, designed to heat the air to high temperatures, allowing one to toss fire from their fingertips. But the school of Alteration had always eluded him, though it came to Echo easily enough. He had the same problem with illusions, although that was more that he just felt guilty about deceiving others, or so he told himself.

Closing his book, he stands up and looks out the window, curious to what the caravan might bring today.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Watching out of the window Amon sees Eret's usual caravan, the old wooden carts rumble across the the wooden bridge before disappearing down the hill towards the fishing boats.

From the window he can see the old Manor far off in the distance, overgrown, untouched.. In the foreground were four figures, mostly hooded, they all rode horses, carrying weapons at their sides.

The group stood outside the "Cobweb Inn", the only one in town, the tall square building was built just like every other building in Saltmarsh, the irregular stones being something he had grown up with.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Sighing and looking out the window wistfully isn't going to help you master that spell," Echo says rather cheerfully as she joins the young mage to look out the window. Echo didn't much care what was going on within the town, but she couldn't pass up the chance to annoy Amon if possible. "Strange figures walking into the inn. Hardly a good sign," she mutters.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Amon ignores her jibe. "Do you think they could be troublemakers?" he asks idly. "Who can say, all covered up like that? Thieves or Drow or Hobgoblins...or maybe they're just shy," he ponders. He shrugs. "I suppose we could always go and investigate ourselves."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Watching out of the window Amon and Echo see the figures look around apparently lost.

They see Daos depart as he always does, leaving to do his council business, normally they'd break for lunch about now, then head out to the hills, practicing thier skills in the open air. They'd keep far away from the Old House, no one went there...

The usual figures seem absent today, Meda walks by, heading to the church, and Dramell the herbalist spies the group, and turns away.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Troublemakers? Here?" Echo asks, chuckling lightly under her breath at the idea. "They aren't very good ones. I sometimes wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Obviously, you don't concentrate on magic like you should." With a sigh, Echo walks away from the window. "Well, come on if we are going to get something to eat. We can help those newcomers on our way I guess since you seem so interested in them."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Amon shrugs, neither confirming or denying Echo's allegation about his studying habits. Gathering up his things, he walks with her to the Cobweb Inn for lunch and hopefully something to gossip about later.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Going down the stairs and exiting Daos's study the usual sights and smells greet them.

The fishing boats creak gently in the in the breeze, the unmistakeable sound of Seagulls fills the air..

The visitors are outside, mostly hooded and covered, they appear to be discussing payment for the night with Tel, he was laying down the law like he always did, which was strange as the inn was mostly deserted these days.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Couldn't you let them in the inn first before you gave them your lecture on what not to do?" Echo asks the innkeeper as she walks closer. "You would think you would want them inside considering how much business you've been getting lately," Echo jibes at Tel.
Last edited by HorizonsDream on Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Amon chuckles with a little embarrassment at Echo's jibe. "Uhh, yes, ahem. Good afternoon, Tel. What's cooking today for lunch?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Greeting the pair of you openly Tel smiles, "What do we always have Master Amon?" He laughs, "Mistress Echo, rules be rules." Patting Amon on the back he directs them inside.

Inside the inn are the usual locals, fishermen, drinking away the afternoon, Basi, Tûn, Tram, Zaran, Zîre and Râpha. Nothing unusual there...

However the four figures that enter the inn are less than ordinary...
A mid height figure, obviously female stands openly revealing a shock of white hair, silver skin and bright red piecing slanted eyes of obvious elven origin stare back at you, she eyes you cautiously before returning her attention to Tel.

"I see." Tel murmors as he walks inside, "And why should I let one of your kind in my inn?" He questions, staring at Brax's eyes.

Next to her stands a tall blonde human, a sword carried at his side, an extremely tall human male, sporting a red/brown beard, and a sword hangs loosely beside him.
Lastly a single figure stands apart somewhat, cloaked and wearing a hood, it is impossible to tell anything else.

(Enter HERE I shall leave this open, assuming you will proabably split off at some point)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Exiting the Inn Amon and Echo find Daos standing outside, absent-mindedly looking at the river his eyes deep in thought. ”Your friend did not choose to join you? There is power there...” He says without warning, then clamming up he directs the pair back to the house, ”We have work to do, do we not Master Amon?”

Regarding the pair coldly he enters the small study, sitting in his usual chair he gives a half smile, ”Sit.” He does not take up a spellbook, instead he looks the pair in the eye.

”I wish you to follow them, and tell me what they are doing, take this ring, use it to contact me.” Suddenly producing a small plain gold ring in the palm of his hand he waits for a reply.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Amon blinks, trying to register this. "Master...you wish me to spy on them? Why?" he asks, baffled. He certainly never expected this.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

”My reasons are my own.” He responds coldly. ”However..” His face softens ”The Drow represents a threat to the village, someone needs to watch them, to ensure they do not upset the status quo.”

Borderlands 3 - Navi