Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Time in Saltmarsh.... (Kim, Searos, Gunter, Echo & Amon)

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Time in Saltmarsh.... (Kim, Searos, Gunter, Echo & Amon)

Post by JadedDM »

"Nice to meet you, Gunther," Amon says, shaking his hand. "Actually, Echo and myself are only apprentices. Our master, Daos, is the only real mage in town."

After he and Searos excuse themselves, Daos finally turns his attention to his tea and drinks some before it gets too cold. "Quite an interesting group of travelers, wouldn't you say, Echo?"
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter gazes up at he mansion and rubs his beard thoughtfully. Visions of a grand log-cabin in the woods for him and his family run through his head...

"Treasure and lot's of it, eh? It certainly looks like a place that one could find a good haul in. What's the catch though? That place looks as old as the gods, why hasn't someone gotten it yet? Have you told anybody else about this?"
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos gives Gunter a wounded look.

"Why does there have to be a catch? Oh sure, I heard some rumors about beasties an d ghosts and ghoulies or something, but seriously, look at this town! What are the odds these fishermen even know what those things are, ya feel me?"

Searos looks back at the inn and scoffs. "also who I am going to tell in there? Bright Eyes? A) she's a particularly nasty form of half breed and B) I hate the sun. Professional disagreement, ya feel me? How about K? Man, I don't even know what K is at this point and you think I would trust her... Him... Whatever with the idea of a good score? How about the two magelings? I dont trust them and you shouldn't either."

Searos looks over his shoulder and then puts an arm around Gunter's shoulder to draw his head down in a conspiratorial huddle. "see if I betray you you can trust that I will do honestly. I will have reasons you can understand. But mages? You and me are meant to understand their reasons. They betray you and assuming you survive you'll never understand why. Thats why you can trust me. When I am dishonest with you, I am at least honestly dishonest, ya feel me?"

Searos let's Gunter go and straightens out his own tunic with a certain air of professionalism about him. "see, it's a respect thing. Now, we need to keep an eye out for a regular named The Coyote... No... The Hyena... No that's not right either... The jackal! His name is the Jackal. I am told we will recognize him when we see him. He has some more details."
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Kim smiles at Tel. "You didn't give me the time to answer. Thank you for the wine, by the way." Kin takes a sip and puts the glass down.

"Dalan told me abaout the abandoned mansion on the hill, that it belonged to the former lord of this place, that it is haunted and that several people went to look for treasure but didn't return."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Oh, yes," Amon says. "The haunted house is something of a local legend in these parts. Nobody ever goes up there, though. Father thinks they should just tear the old eyesore down, but we've never been able to find anyone brave enough to hire to go up there and do so."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: Amon and Echo would also know that Daos refuses to let them go near the old place, they tried once, he was not happy.)

"Yes that I'll be the one, he tells that to scare non locals, of course the Actual tale ain't his. Jackel, now he be the one to discuss it with, if you want to hear a load of old baloney." Tel laughs and walks away.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Tel?" Kim calls after him, and if he returns, continues. "And who is this Jackel?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: not trying to railroad in anyway, just planting the seeds.)

Tel seems rather interested in the group, even more so how Amon and Echo are still there, he even glances at the door occasionally no doubt expecting Daos to enter the door at any moment.

"Jackel, well.... Some say he was a traveller.. But the experience changed him these days you'll find him here nursing a bottle till closing."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter nods slightly, thinks about the strange man's words for a second, crafting his response in his head.

"yeah i suppose i feel you, but my thinking is that we're going to need some backup going into a place like this. The mages, while a bit innocent seem pretty trustworthy, and I think Kim is the kind of...person?...who can handle themselves in a fight. I'll give you the drow though, she creeps me out."

He brushes an imaginary piece of dust off of the thief's shoulder.

"Either way, I think we should find this Jackal and buy him a drink."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

As Gunter and Searos chat they notice the man they saw earlier dressed in Purple robes walk towards the now empty house and then directly towards the inn.

He regards the pair with his cold grey eyes, scowls and enters the inn.

Amon and Echo notice him first, he says nothing, preferring to watch how they react.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo mutters something under her breath about how she wasn't being rude. "I'm not sure interesting would be the word I would use for it," Echo says to Amon as she stands up. "We've been in trouble for just approaching the house, just like how we are going to be in trouble now for being late for practice," Echo says, pointing out Daos to Amon. With that said, she walks towards the elder mage with her head bowed. "Sorry," she mutters.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Master," Amon says genially. "We were just having some lunch and getting to know some newcomers into town. Would you care to join us?" he asks.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Sipping the wine, Kim watches the interaction between Daos and his students, interested in how the mages interacted with each other.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I wondered my two missing students might be." Daos says, lips curled up at the edges, he glares at Kim, but barely reacts to the presence of the others.

"Interesting." He comments before looking straight at the pair of mages. "I would have thought your studies were more important... This is why you fail Amon, and Echo I thought better of you." He shakes his head, and turns away.

"I expect to see you back to your studies by the time lunch is completed." With that he turns on his heels, pauses and stares at Kim once more. "You, with me now." He orders, expecting Kim to stand up and follow him. "Remember, do not tarry." He repeats to Echo and Amon.

(ooc: Kim if you take the offer, we'll move to you to your private thread.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Once Daos is gone, Amon leans back a bit in his chair and puts his arms behind his head. "Wait, so he's disappointed that we weren't studying during our lunch break from studying? Boy, he's going to be upset when he learn I waste six or more hours a night sleeping."