Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Time in Saltmarsh.... (Kim, Searos, Gunter, Echo & Amon)

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Time in Saltmarsh....

Post by JadedDM »

Amon watches her exit and scratches the back of his neck. He looks over to Echo, as if just now noticing she was still present. "Was it something I said?" he asks absently.
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos picks up the flask and gives a nod to the innkeeper. He gives a quick shuffle to his cards and stands up quite quickly as if remembering something suddenly.

"Everybody if you will excuse me, I need to check on my horse."
Without waiting for any acknlwledgement he heads off for the stable with his flask of whiskey held tightly in his hand. Time to find that shiftless stable hand. Guys like that always know where the real fun is.
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Outside the afternoon sun beats down, Brax can be see walking over the bridge in the distance.

In the stable, Dalan is busy cleaning down Kims Horse with a brush, he whistles as he works, whiling away the afternoon.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo groans softly and rubs her face with her hands. "You are a complete idiot!" she says in frustration. "You just gave important information to a former priestess of Lloth! Have you completely lost your mind?! Wait, don't answer that. Of course you have! Why not give up the city defenses while you were at it, or perhaps the location of the city's treasury." Echo leans back in her chair in defeat at this point, completely dumbfounded that Amon could be this stupid.
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos watches the horse guy for a little bit. "Looks like thirsty work you're doing there." Searos takes a draw from the flask and then offers Dalen a swig.
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter thinks on Searos' words as the thief moseys out of the inn.

"Well...why not?" He says to himself. Bolstered by the strong ale, he walks over to the mage's table.

"Good afternoon, lady. My name is Gunter and the pleasure is all mine...could I ask your name?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Nice little friend you have there" Kim says, turning to Amon. "Chiding you for telling us something we could learn from anyone here, starting with Tel the inkeeper." There could be a glint of amusement in Kim's blue eyes, but the hoarse voice usually doesn't convey any emotion.

"Brax the half-drow is really an interesting person. I've watched her fight for the life of a woman, and I'd vouch for her.
Not that it should matter to you, since you don't know me either. I am Kim, by the way."
A hand is extended to Amon over the table.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Yet it wasn't the innkeep that gave up the information now was it?" Echo says. From the tone in her voice she probably would have yelled at the innkeep to if he had done such a thing.

Despite looking like she has more to say, Echo turns her head slightly to addresss Gunther. She looks a little confused at first as no one has ever said it was a pleasure to meet her before. "Uh...did you miss when my friend just blurted out my name?" Echo asks curtly. "I'm Echo since you missed it."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Thanking you." Dalan says with a grin, taking a swig. "You be twith he rude one?" The stablehand asks, stopping his work completely.

"I suppose you know now do ya?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos watches the guy take a swig rolling some dice between his fingers and smiles a bit.

"Yes she certainly does have quite the way with words, doesn't she? Personally I had to get away from the simpering magelings in there."

Searos takes another pull from the flask and hands it back to Dalen.

"I know a great many things so you want to do me a favor and narrow down what it is I know now, ya feel me?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Well, see that house on the hill..?" He points to a deserted old Mansion, resting on the top of a hill, the building appears mostly derilict.

"Well the old Lord lived there, before the council took over.. Young un's like you used to come from miles around to find the Lords treasure.." He grins, reaching out his hand.. "That sort of thing might be of use to a man like you.. Wouldn't it?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Um, Amon. Nice to meet you," he says, shaking Kim's hand absently. He seems a bit dazed at Brax's abrupt departure, but comes to after a moment to collect himself.
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos tosses the flask to Dalen his interest fully piqued at the idea of treasure.

"I certainly dont know how much use I would have for a lord's treasure but tell me this... If this is such a well-known treasure why hasnt anyone claimed it before. Seems that a treasure of that variety would attract all kinds of attention, especially from the local towns folk who might feel a good portion of that treasure belongs to them, ya feel me?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"But that's the story you see.. People don't try getting it no more, not with all the Spooks and ghouls.." He winks, "Now back in the day, they came from miles and miles."

He leans in closer to Searos, his breath smelling of spouts and stale beer.
"Now one did try, and he came back, not all there.." He laughs, slapping Searos on the back hard.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos "laughs" with the guy but seems a little nervous now and takes a big pull of the flask which he promptly spits out as he is slapped on the back. Searos coughs and wrinkles his nose at the stench of the man's breath.

After regaining his composure and rolling the dice more feverishly in his hand stands and asks Dalen: "So tell me friend, whatever happened to that lord? Might he be one of the beasties what be haunting that mansion? And how long ago was it that the survivor came back? Mayhap he is still in the town?"