Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Time in Saltmarsh.... (Kim, Searos, Gunter, Echo & Amon)

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Time in Saltmarsh....

Post by Jenara »

"Well, he was one of those mixer fellows, he made potions and the like, things no man with a healthy fear of the gods should do.." Dalan sips again at the bottle, any pretence of doing his job was forgotten. He sits down awkwardly on the numerous stacked piles of hay around him.

"He had a family, but they died, plague see? It got many, my old dad rest his soul." He makes a quick motion on his chest. "He tried to make a cure, but..." Swiging once more he looks at Searos with his old eyes.

"Some say he died all alone a broken man, and that his spirt haunts the place.. Others, well they swear they be hearing the voice of his little un." He gives a strange glance.

"See the stories say she was locked below, and he did things to her, experiments and the like, and that her lost spirt haunts the halls, looking for peace."

"The man you want is called Jackel, provide him with a drink or two, his tongue i'll be wagging." He stands, his hand reaches for the bottle once more.

(ooc: I am going for true West Country Accents, think of Sams old Gaffer from the Lord of the Rings.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos listens carefully to the man though truthfully he is also calculating how much treasure he should be able to carry.

"sounds like an utterly pleasant fellow. So where can I find this Jackal character and how do I recognize him?"
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Jackel, his name is Jackel, some say he was a traveller.. But these days, he'll be in the Cobweb till closing."

"You will know him, when you see him."

"Well it be nice to chat young Master, but the Lady said look after them, and that I will.." He turns back to Gunters horse.

"Of course, if ye fancy dropping me a copper or to, well that i'll be much obliged."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: Time in Saltmarsh.... (Kim, Searos, Gunter, Echo & Amon)

Post by Jenara »

Back in the Inn, Tel sits quietly watching the group interact, chuckling slightly at Amon and Echo, he'd know those two for years, they never ceased to suprise him.

The locals sat quietly apparently playing a game, ignoring the group, Amon and Echo recognise it as a simple dice game, played for coppers.

"Now, Mistress." Tel asks, moving from behind the bar. "Tell me, what tall tale did Danal tell you?" He asks, pulling up close to Kim.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

"Echo...thats a pretty name with a face to match. Now what are you doing cooped up in a place like this? Shouldnt you be in Greyhawk or somewhere a little more...exciting?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"My studies are here," Echo states simply. "I'm not looking for excitement, so this place suits my needs just fine for the moment." Echo wasn't the type of girl to giggle and blush at some handsome man's charm, especially when she didn't consider him very charming to begin with. "Don't you think you are a little out of your league here?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Echo," Amon chastises, "there is no need to be so rude. Please don't mind her, friend."
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter reddens slightly and then smiles, "I meant no offense, lass. It was mostly the ale talking."

He turns to Amon and extends his hand, "Good to meet you, Amon. My name is Gunter and it looks like my companions and I are going to be staying here for a little bit. This is a very nice little town you have here, and by the looks of it, packed with mages!"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Mistress? Why on earth are you calling me Mistress?" Kim looks Tel straight in the face.

Granted, Kim is slender, but no obviously feminine body parts are visible, and the paucity of facial hair fits with the slightly pointed tips of the ears, revealing elven heritage.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I...I not be meaning any offense, just ummm.." he shuffles unconsciously, "Please accept drink on the house.." He walks away.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

At Tel's excuse, Kim only nods and waits for the offered drink.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Tel moves over quickly placing a glass of what appears to be wine on the table, he grins.

"Now you didn't rightly answer my question, did ye?"[/i

(Time now is approaching 1:30 in the afternoon... Amon and Echo would be practicing soon.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos absentmindedly tosses a silver to the man and then heads back into the inn looking around for someone named the Jackal but spots Gunter and walks over to him a little excitedly.

"Hey Beardy, I need to talk to you for a moment in private."
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

"Ah Searos! Where did you run off to?" Gunter feels around his pockets to make sure everything is there as he says this.

"I'd like you to meet Amon and the lovely Echo."

He stands up from the table, "if the two of you would excuse me, I have to speak with my compatriot here for a moment."

He turns back to Searos, "Shall we step outside? Also....is that whiskey I smell?
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos waves half heartedly to the two mages and hurries outside with Gunter.

"Yeah, it's whiskey or at least what this town calls whiskey. Anyway, check out that mansion up on the hill.". Searos points to the majestic manse up on the hill.

"Apparently the former lord of this town lived there way back when. I guess. He was another mageling who decided he couldnt leave well enough alone. Anyway, the point is his TREASURE is still up there just waiting for us to go up there and get it, ya feel me?"