Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Time in Saltmarsh.... (Kim, Searos, Gunter, Echo & Amon)

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Time in Saltmarsh....

Post by Breila »

"For your information" Kim spits on the straw between them. "Nothing, as I probably would have gotten it from anyone here in the village.
But if I find the horses well cared for, you'll get a silver. More, if they're very well cared for."

With that, Kim brushes past the old man, cloak swinging, and enters the inn, proceeding to the counter slowly enough to take in the surroundings.

"Tel, I gave the money for our mount's stabling to an old man calling himself Dalan.
Now, for me, could you please bring a mug of ale to our table?"

Turning around, Kim looks the other patrons over. Mostly locals, probably. Fishermen and... two mages. Interesting. The woman who had taught Kim all she knew was a simple village witch, dressing more or less like the other peasant women. Kim had taken on her habit of dressing in ordinary clothes. Of course, there had been robed wizards in Greyhawk. But the stay there had been brief. Now was the first chance of actually meeting other mages...
There's more to me than meets the eye...
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos watch the mages play with the half drow for a bit with something like a sneer and a smirk on his face at the same time. He has blond hair with green eyes that are constantly looking over the room. He has sallow cheeks from years of not eating enough and constantly seems to be fidgeting. As he watches he is playing with a deck of cards while leaning back in a chair with his feet kicked up on the table.

"honestly, I am confused how she makes friends everywhere she goes. Seems like both of them are already drawing attention to us. Which is perfect of course."

Searos' ears perk up at the sound of gold and the overall glum look he has had only deepens upon hearing there is no gold in this town.

"No gold in this town... There's gold almost everywhere... Just gotta find it, that's all."
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Kim approaches the table where Searos sit. The cloak is taken off and hung over the chair's back. Underneath are trousers and a tunic in black wool and a white linen shirt, two pouches and a dagger in an ornate sheath hang from the belt. Sitting down, Kim pushes the shoulder-length black hair back a little so it is possilbe to see that the ears have a slight point to them. The light blue eyes continue to survey the room. Probably nobody pays attention to anyone but the half drow.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Before Brax sits, Amon quickly pulls out her chair for her, ever the gentleman. However, he is so focused on Brax and intensely curious about her, that he forgets all about Echo and rather than pull her chair out for her, he just sits down next to Brax. "There must be a fascinating story behind that," he says, referring to her heritage and her faith. He is vaguely aware there are other people at the table, but hasn't fully taken notice of them yet.
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter drops his pack on the floor and removes his green cloak, draping it over the back of the chair before sitting down and leaning back in the chair, stretching his arms out behind his back and groaning.

When he's finished he turns to Searos and Kim, saying to both of them, "Ale and food on the way..." then, tilting his head towards Searos he adds, "I was hoping to stay out of trouble during our time here in this pleasant little town, I'm guessing though that might be too much to ask from some of us, ey?"

He winks at Kim as he says this.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Two ales." defty passes them over the counter, his right hand shoots out the same instant. "Four Silver, now that aint no ordinary Ale mind you,
That be Saltmarsh Stout, brewed right here."
He grins, the ale is platable, if somewhat bitter.

"As for food, we got a nice bit of fish in fresh today, bit of Potato, some greens...? I'm sure I Can do something for the pair of you for a gold.." Tel rubs his fingers together quickly.

"I'll leave you to think about it." With that he heads over to the others, his eyes watching Searos as he does so.

"Oh good, he got off his backside and did some work did he? Good stable hand, prone to flights of fancy, suppose he told you a story or too?" Tel comments in regards to Dalan, passing a glass of Ale to Kim. "Two silver, say you fellows want a tab?" He asks with glee.

"I trust the beasts are safe?" Brax asks, sipping her water. "A tab would be acceptable, as would the meal you suggested."

[ooc: you guys have to give me time to post! lol]

"Its a long tale, needless to say both of my parents are dead, and I am a former Preistess of Lloth." Brax responds, her left foot defty pushing out a chair for Echo.

She glances over to Kim, nodding in approval, her intention is clear, draw all of the attention to her.. Thus keeping the party safer.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes, a tab would be fine" Kim answers Tel and, passing Brax, tells her: "The animals are well cared for, I saw to that."

"Some people get trouble made for them wherever they go, simply because they were born as they are" Kim simply says to Searos and Gunter, sitting down beside them.
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos watches with the mageling with idle interest but doesnt say anything as he takes a sip of his ale. He looks around in sudden surprise and then surreptitiously spits the ale back into the mug. "Delicious stuff really."

He calls over to the bartender "Hey do you have a flask of whiskey that you could add to my tab?"

Searos leans over to Gunter and whispers "Looks like the mageling is interested in bright eyes. Wonder what he'd do if our own Muscles here were to return the obvious affection his friend is showing you, eh? I say you go get her man."

(ooc: I am aware that no such flirting is happening between Gunter and Echo... yet.)
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Can do." Tel calls over, placing the flask quickly on the table, followed by numerous plates of freshly cooked fish with an array of greens and potatoes.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo sighs softly as she watches that not only did Amon ignore her completely, but the half drow just plopped down into the chair next to hers and even pushed it out for her. While the day started off beautifully, it was slowly degrading into a social engagement that she just rather avoid all together. "Yes, fascinating indeed," Echo says sarcastically as she sits down in the chair. ""Tel, my usual soup please and water with lemon."

Absently, she looks over the group that was surrounding her table. Amon was salivating next to the half drow, and the others just didn't seem all that impressive to her (though then again no one really impressed her). "Amon, you have a little drool there," she adds, motioning to the corner of her mouth.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Amon absently wipes his chin with his sleeve. "Lloth the spider queen, yes, I've read about her. I'm surprised you had such a change of heart...and that the church of Pelor accepted you, for that matter. Actually, it must be quite difficult for you to travel from place to place without lynch mobs forming. I've never heard of a drow, even half of one, coming to the surface much less joining Pelor's clergy."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax tits her head, looking directly at Echo, smiling she returns her attention to Amon "The road was long and painful, I am still proving my worth, I try to help where I can, as Pelor demands." (Its obvious to Amon and Echo she is being cagey about her past.)

"Tell me, what brings the two of you here..?" She motions to the village outside.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"We live here," Amon explains. "My father is Bryce Cousland, one of the council members of this town. Echo is the daughter of another councilman, our local wizard, Daos Soulstaff. He teaches us both."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Interesting..." Brax rubs her chin, standing slowly, "Please forgive me, duty calls." With that exits the inn, pulling her hood and cloak over her once more.

-------

Its now around 1 in the afternoon.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo stares at Amon as if he just suddenly lost his head, and is running around like a chicken with its head cut off. What kind of fool would just offer up that kind of information to a group of complete strangers, especially one that use to be a priestess of Lloth?! Echo lets out a sigh, which helps her resist the urge to get up and strangle Amon for the fool that he was being. "Amon, I'm perfectly capable of answering questions on my own. I don't need you answering for me," she says, giving him one of those looks that suggested she was going to kill him later.