Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Brax (Jenara) Private Thread

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Brax (Jenara) Private Thread

Post by Jenara »

Brax says nothing to Echo, instead she chews her food quietly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"What do you think of this smuggling ring going on right in our own town?" Echo asks Linton curiously.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Linton shakes his head. "I can hardly believe it. We must have been sleeping on our eyes and ears not to have noticed anything. Also, I find the choice of goods strange. Liquor is heavily taxed, that is sure. But there has not been a sign that more liquor has been consumed in town recently than has been sold by either Brian or Tel. and the silk... well, my household seem to be almost the only one consuming silk here in town, much as it is a shame that Daos doesn't buy any of it for his pretty daughter."

While Linton talks to Echo, Brax feels a foot, clad in a silk stocking, gently brush up her naked calves.

"The only thing that could have happened is that Eret's caravans were not as empty as they looked when he left Saltmarsh, or that the barrels did not contain stockfish as he claimed" Linton continues.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We met Eret, he brought us here." Brax gives Linton an open grin, "He seemed nice enough, although you can never tell can you?" She moves her calves slightly, opening her legs a touch.

"Whatever happened, something is up in this town, something wrong. Despite your best attempts, there is something wrong here." She eats her food slowly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Eret is bringing most of the supplies for Brian's General Store" Linton muses. "Maybe someone should talk to Brian. Of course the council could ask to search his storage rooms, but that might cause bad blood in the population, especially if it turns out he did not do anything wrong."

As Brax seems to accept the caress, Linton's foot stops for a moment, then continues.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"That would indeed upset someone." Brax comments, lifting her leg slightly, her left hand moving below the table.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Would you excuse me for a few moments?" Echo says as she starts to stand. "I think the wine is starting to get to me."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Oh, Miss Soulstaff, I am sorry" Linton gets up quickly, almost upsetting his chair in the process. He offers his arm to Echo to steady her. "Go fetch Miranda" he tells Nattie the maid.

When Miranda arrives, he tells her: "I think Miss Soulstaff would like some fresh air. Would you please take her to the garden?"
Miranda does as asked (of course) and will lead Echo through a back door into a courtyard with a few flowerbeds and stone benches. "Would you like a blanket? The air and the bench are a bit cold still" she asks, sounding anxious to please the councilman's daughter.

Meanwhile, Linton had asked Nattie to clear the fish away and serve the beef. A fine roast beef is set on the table, perfectly grilled, revealing a pink core as Linton cuts it. It is surrounded by young vegetables. "Would you like some of the beef, Miss Brax, or are you of those who do not eat warm-blooded animals?" he asks. He visibly keeps a polite distance now, not trying to touch Brax anymore.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Standing quickly she helps Echo before watching her leave with concern.

"I have eaten much less palatable food I assure you." Brax gives him a pleasant smile and nods. "I would love some beef."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I am glad you enjoy the pleasures of my table" Linton says with a smile. "However, you must have tasted a lot of different food, known many different cuisines..."
He will continue small talk about food and drink unless Brax changes the subject, trying to show his worldliness, but making no more advances.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I suppose I have, Drow food is somewhat of an acquired taste mind you." Brax replies simply, taking another bite of the beef.

"My Lord, I will put this plainly. You did not invite me here to discuss food, did you not? I have seen the way your Maid looks at me, she has shall we say.. taken a dislike to me." Nursing her glass she takes a long sip, as she leans back.

"Mistress Echo coming was not your idea, yet you have been a good host." She leans forward, looking directly at him. "You are a powerful man, you could have much of what you fancy, so why invite me, a simple Cleric to your table?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo shakes her head at Miranda as she looks over the gardens. "I should be okay in just a few minutes," she says to the woman. "Forgive my asking, but have you noticed anything odd going on around here as of late?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

In the house
At Brax's direct words, Linton looks very uncomfortable, he might even have blushed. He busies himself with his cutlery and napkins, then pours himself some more wine, which helps him regain his composure. Then he looks back at Brax.

"It would be very unfitting if I didn't gracefully accept the visit of a fellow councilman's daughter, unexpected as it may be." He takes a sip of his wine. "You may be »a simple cleric«, to use your own word, but you are a beautiful woman from a foreign land, and I was curious to get to know you.

Now, when you are finished, shouldn't we see how Miss Soulstaff is doing?"

In the garden
Miranda looks at Echo with big round eyes. Apparently, she is not used to anyone taking her seriously. "I keep to the house, mostly, so I don't know what is going on in town, Miss Soulstaff" she tells her. "I am not a learned woman like you!" Then she thinks for a moment. "No, everyhing has been normal, just the usual people coming and going, things being brought in from Eret's caravan and out before he left. Of course, what is in the bundles is none of my business, so I wouldn't know if anything has been changed."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Bundles?" Echo asks curiously.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well, the bundles into which the goods are packed" Miranda explains. "Liquids and grain are transported in barrels, but almost everything else is tied up and covered with heavy oilcloth to protect it from rain - and seawater, if it is transported on a ship. Didn't you know?" Miranda seems utterly surprised that there is something she knows and Echo doesn't.