Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Brax (Jenara) Private Thread

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Brax (Jenara) Private Thread

Post by Jenara »

"No, no... you can barely walk. I meant Vee here." Looking sternly at the Halfling she points to the bed.

(I am going to assume it's ok with Luna, as she is vacant.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Kulop smiles, "Oh, got it. Still I'll be glad to help." but none can miss the relief on his face.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax giggles softly and pats him on the shoulder. "Thank you for not fearing my presence." She winks. "Some might be."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"They are only intimidated by your beauty. Is this your home?" he looks around observing the details.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"For now, my home..." she shrugs. "My home was far below the sky.. another world. This was loaned to us to help with the Smugglers." The cleric ignores the other comment with a quick glance at Gunter.

"I am torn, perhaps they need me on board, but I should stay here with my charges."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Amm... don't worry. You know Drake, he can manage everything..." Kulop tries to reassure her, "On second thought knowing him might be what troubles you," he grins. "Amm... if all we here have to do is rest, we can do it without you. Even that it will be boring. But if you must, go see if they need your help. If we need you back, err.... Vee will fetch ya."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I don't know him anywhere nearly as much as I think I should to leave him charge of such a chore. If Amon were here I would have felt better." She shudders. "Really.. it worries me."

(Frankly don't want to leave a great roleplayer without anyone to talk to!)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Kulop interest is awakened. "Are you worried that Amon is not here, or to leave us, or to leave our folks at the ship to their business? Maybe you should drink some of your tea?" Kulop kindly offers. Then, "Who is Amon?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Honestly all of the above. Pelor would not take kindly to me leaving those in my care alone, it is my job to protect the weak, I would be ignoring my vow if I left.."

"But, leaving Drake to search that ship alone is where madness lies, I have seen madness.. I've looked into her eyes and taken the meat she offered me.." she shudders, "And that man shows many of the traits of the mad..!" sitting down on a small chair she gives The halfling a grin.

"As for Amon.. He is the son of one of the town council, he was with us but had to leave.. I was just starting to get to know him, even if I scared him, I scared him a lot." licking her pale lips she continues. "He was most put out when I told him human flesh tasted like chicken."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Oh... And does it really taste like chicken?" his eyes widen, "I was curious but never had the chance to try... I wonder how does halfling meat tastes, or ogre, or elf..." his voice trails off as his eyes stares in empty space.
Then he focuses again on Brax, "Anyway, suppose Drake and the others gets into trouble, wouldn't you not helping them would be as much ignoring your vow as not attending to us? I'm sure Pelor doesn't expect you to be in all places at once, and I guess you have done all you can for us, and the rest is just wait and slowly heal, while back there, they might be poisoned too... So if we don't want to annoy Pelor, maybe you should go after all."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I never had the chance to taste halfling." She winks, spinning round in the chair her hair shifting as she moves. "No my charge is here. I cannot be in two places at once, my place is here."

"Tell me of yourself, my history is long and complicated, I am guessing you are here in the back of nowhere for a good reason." Standing she heads to the kitchen, making tea she heads back into the room. "Water?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Kulop smiles at Brax's joke and replies naughtily, "You might have a chance for that taste later." but quickly changes the subject afraid to be unjust with the woman who saved his life.

"My story?" he looks at her surprised. "Well, ususally no one asks about my story." he smiles, "But then, it is for a good reason. My story is boring." his smile disappears. "I just follow opportunities and hoped finding some here. Usually each back has a front somewhere and the 'front of nowhere' is better than it's back. Assuming that front will eventually appears, it is best to be there first." he says completely confident his words makes sense.
Still swinging his legs Kulop wonders if there is something interesting in the kitchen. He tries to move but feels too weak. "Err... water is fine. Thanks." he says with obvious disappointment. "So I guess we have time for your story." he continues and the spark returns to his eyes.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You are weak, anything other than water will be very bad for you. In fact you will need to take a few days before you are fully healed." Pulling the chair to his bed she gives him a strange look, "I dont eat humanoid anymore, that was another life."

"My story..? The short version, I think. Do you know how the Drow treat abominabations like me?" When he shakes his head she continues. "Almost all are killed at birth, they cannot allow such weakness to infect the race. How I survived i''ll never know, all I do know is I am here. They said I was touched by Lloth, the queen of spider's.. I was one of her clerics" Putting her hands through her hair she sighs.

"Have you ever ridden a spider? it is an interesting experience. They graced me with honour, until a new Matriarch came to power, my friends were driven out, tortured, raped.. I barely escaped with my life, if not my honour." Watching his reaction she frowns. "I escaped to the light, it hurt, a pain I have never felt, and never hope to again. But Pelor found me, he brought me into his arms."

"I met these two drunkards and Kim in the capital, a quest that nearly cost our lives, we escaped and found ourselves here.. and that leads to opportunities, we will storm the smugglers, perhaps.. if the council agree. This place has many hidden secrets."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Brax wrote:"I dont eat humanoid anymore, that was another life."
Kulop stares at Brax for a moment, considers to say something, then drops the subject.

"Riding a spider?!?" his eyes glitter, "No, never done that. I should put it on my list. And what happened to Lloth? And how did your pain diminish? Do you think sometimes returning to the underworld? What is better, living in the light or darkness?" he asks full of curiosity. "I myself never had such adventures! Maybe now that our paths had crossed I'll see much more of the world. Beginning with the smugglers and continue from there. Pity I got poisoned, that pretty much ruined my plans for the day, even that I must admit it was a strange feeling, interesting feeling. One should not miss the chance to experience it. Barring of course the misfortune of dying. But if that can be avoided..." he stops in the middle of the sentence, peeks again toward the kitchen, then looks back at Brax and smiles.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Calm down, calm down." She raises her hands to stop the verbal assault. "Lloth is still there, she's a goddess afterall.. I saw the wonder of the world, do you not see it everyday? The sunlight, the way it reflects off a pool of water, it's a beautiful sight.. " her eyes look away for a moment, "How could I not love such a sight?"

"If I were to go back to the underdark, I'd be killed on sight.. I can never go back." She shudders, "I guess you will never know that pain."

"Dying.. while the next adventure, should be avoided for the time being. So like I said, rest and relax, you will need your strength soon." Glancing at the kitchen she turns back to him. "Are you looking for something?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi