Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Saltmarsh OOC Chat

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Saltmarsh OOC Chat

Post by Breila »

With the old hands and the newly interested, there are enough players to re-launch the game.
I have a busy week and weekend ahead of me, but after that, we can go on, unless someone else whishes to wait until after Easter?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

So i'll introduce myself here, my name is matt, new to dnd but enjoying it and looking forward to playing with you all
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Welcome aboard, Matt.

I'm ready to start whenever, Breila. I'm looking forward to it.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I'm waiting for the character stats from BishGada, and then we'll start. I'm intrigued to see how the new cast will play.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

I'm sorry to keep you all waiting. I promise to finish the character by next Tuesday at most. I hope even before.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Is there any housekeeping to take care of before the newcomers start? Do we need to play out landing the ship, the interrogation and subsequent trial of Frithoff and the crew, etc before that? Or will they be in on that? Or will that be hand-waved to save time?
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

We won't need to play out the landing of the ship, I will kind of wrap that up in my post when we get going. Frithoff and the crew will be brought to the prison, their trial will be later.
mgbevan's character will be easiest to integrate, he's simply a name (Gustas) for one of the as yet nameless members of the militia that helped to secure the ship. Don't worry, I have it thought out, all we need now is BishGada's character so I can devise a way of introducing him.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Cool sounds good!
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Breila wrote:We won't need to play out the landing of the ship, I will kind of wrap that up in my post when we get going. Frithoff and the crew will be brought to the prison, their trial will be later.
Aw, shucks. I was looking forward to the trial. I mean Frithoff doesn't have any friends in town, and he would have needed legal counsel. And who better to represent him than J. Cheever Drake, Barrister-at-Large, from the law firm of Dewey, Cheatem and Howe? :lol:
He would have done it pro bono. Or con bono. Or even Sonny Bono, if that were preferable.

(Can you tell how much I miss Martin? :) )
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Oh, it might well be possible that we play Frithoff's trial, or that at least you can wrtie a piece about how J. Cheever Drake will defend him. Right now, the prosecution still needs to find evidence against him on the ship he used to command!
(Seroíously, I doubt I'd be able to write the trial convincingly. You're so much better at writing English than I am and you imagination runs a lot wilder!)
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Alas, writing the trial would have to be a writing exercise, and not a game session. It would take too long if it were to go back and forth. It would be fun at the table top, though. ;)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

You would "talk me into vertigo", to use the image we use in German. I've never been quick with the spoken word, I'm much better at writing "printable phrases".
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Talk me into vertigo..."
What a great expression. :)
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Breila wrote:With professional efficiency, Geraldine ensures that the ship is brought into harbor. She asks everybody to disembark, taking the prisoners with them and securing them in the town jail. Then she orders a few sailor militiamen (who had not been with the group) to take the ship into the middle of the harbor basin and be anchored there.
I am very glad she did that. I was thinking to recommend doing so, just to be on the safe side, but was hesitant for Martin to tell Geraldine her business. :)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Well, Martin actually did. The two had a little talk late in the thread. Geraldine will gladly accept Martin's counsel, as long as it's not done in a way that undermines her authority.