Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (This is the Game Thread)

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (This is the Game Thread)

Post by JadedDM »

"Sorry, he's very protective," Amon says, his apology sounding less than sincere. "I guess I'll just have to deal with the inconvenience."
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

"So, Hugo, how would I go about proving my worth to the Sand Man? As far as trusting me goes, well, coin is coin. You can trust me so long as the coin is flowing. That probably makes me more honest than most of the people in this lost." Searos jerks his head at the party. "I mean, most of them are wizards anyway, no offense to the Sand Man. Still though, simple guys like you and me? I don't know. I trust coin and I like having it."
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"There is no need." Brax lets her mace fall to the ground with a loud clang, "The bandages are in my pack." She comments, if the let her go she shows them as she reaches in pulling out a long strip of fabric.

"I am not a violent person." She stands, "Tie my legs if you wish, but I will not run, will you allow Vee to aid me?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Once again, the two men exchange looks. "You stay here. Charles, will you search the pack and get out the bandages, please?" Valery calls over. He holds Brax while Andrew ties her legs, so she can walk, but not run.

"We do not trust you a bit" Charles says as he hands the bandages over. "One wrong move, and Arthur over there will use that beautiful dagger on your comrade." He jerks his chin to where Kim is sitting, trying to look indifferent to the threat.

At the mention of Vee, a malicious glint appears in Andrew's eyes. "She may help you, if she allows us to search for weapons on her body first"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You will have to ask her on that one, however if that is your view, I will do it alone." She frowns, shaking her head. "Gunter." She says as she walks over to the warrior slowly, glancing back at Searos for a moment before setting to work binding his wounds.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Hugo has been sitting still during the exchange of Brax with Valery, Andrew and Charles, thinking. Then he asks Searos:

"Well, what do you know about seafaring, and about battle? When you're not put out right from the beginning, I mean? That's what's important to Sanbalet."
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos struggles to find a comfortable position. "So you're looking for sailors and brawlers, eh? Well, sad to say, that ain't me. Oh, I know my ropes well enough I suppose. But I'm more of a sneaky guy who you can use to evaluate gemstones and the like. I know my letters well enough too so I've got that going for me, ya feel me? I think we both know that a man of my talents could be useful to your operation."

(ooc: i don't suppose i could use my rope use nwp to get out of my binds can I?)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(ooc: it would be very obvious if you pick at the knots, as your hands are tied in front of you, and Hugo of course is looking at you as you talk)
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

(ooc: oh whoops, I thought my hands were behind my back. Nevermind then!)

"And let me also just point out that I am from Greyhawk itself. So, if you want to expand your operation beyond this little village with its fish lord, I could be rather helpful with that as well."

Searos gives Hugo his best 'Ol' Honest Searos' smile.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Hugo and the others laugh. "It's only you who believes we're limited to this village" someone says.

Once Brax has tied up Gunter's wounds, she's told to step back,and her hands are getting bound. Gunter, too, gets his hands and feet bound like the others.

Once everybody (except Dogmeat) is securely tied up, the men relax a little. Arthur no longer threatens to kill Kim at any moment. They order the group to sit down, against the cavern walls, far enough apart so they can't untie each other's hand ties. In the process, they have taken away any visible weapons (such as the daggers in Vee's sash).

They've taken the backpacks (except Amon's, of course) over to the lantern and search through them. Charles takes a special interest in Brax's pack, holding the clothes to his body and playing a transvestite. As they go through Kim's pack, they tense again when they find the spellbook. Andrew and Valery quickly get up to gag Kim as well. Further down, they find falconry equipment.

"Hey, someone's playing the gentleman here!" Valery shouts and swings it. "You mean the lady!" Charles corrects him. They all look at Kim. "Hard to tell" they concede, and Andrew adds: "Well, when they need to relieve themselves, we can see what's between their legs!" to which everybody laughs.

After some 30-45 minutes have passed, Amon hears his father's voice again. Can you see all the smugglers? We just saw two figures running down from the hill, could they belong to the group?
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

~I can't believe we were captured by this group,~ Echo thinks to herself since she's gagged. Naturally, she still struggles against the ropes binding her, but it seems like she is going no where fast. She mutters something that doesn't sound very nice in the general direction of the smugglers.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Amon carefully scans the room to see if anyone from the smugglers' group has gone missing since they first appeared.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax does not struggle, instead she frowns at the reaction to her clothes, especially the long black lacy dress, she watches the group of smugglers with interest.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos shrugs. "Of course I don't think you are limited to this little village. There doesn't really to seem to be..." he looks over at the lordlings for a moment "anything of interest around here. I just have a little bit of trouble imagining why this town is even worth the bother."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Hugo grins. "It offers a good harbor and a good hiding place" he says. "It has taken a long time for anyone to come looking here. We've been..." At this time, he is interrupted by Valery "Hey, don't give things away! He might be interested in joining us, but no one says he will!"

All six men are still in the cavern with their prisoners, fooling around and guarding them loosely. Since everybody is bound and the magic-users are gagged, they feel quite safe.