Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (This is the Game Thread)

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (This is the Game Thread)

Post by Breila »

The next time Amon hears Daos's voice, he sounds a little annoyed. Your father wants to speak to you directly. Contact him, then.

Hugo looks a little uncomfortable at Searos's direct question. "Uh, oh, well, that's not for me to decide. But as two of us have been killed, I'm sure Sanbalet would not mind to have more people again."

"Don't be stupid, Hugo" Andrew speaks up. "Do you really think the boss would trust him to join us?"

Hugo shrugs. "He doesn't trust anyone anyway. And you know every new man has to prove his worth."

Charles and Alexandre, after gagging Echo, have moved on to Kim. "Hey, Arthur, look at that dagger. I bet it's nicer to use that instead of the sword to cut a throat if necessary." Alexandre grins and motions to his comrades to pull Kim up so they can take it. Arthur sheathes his sword and takes Kim's dagger. The will also untie Kim's hands for a moment to take the backpack, then tie the hands again and sit Kim down. Arthur sits down alongside, still threatening Kim to assure co-operation of the others. Charles and Alexandre pass the growling Dogmeat again, deposit Kim's backpack and "help" Gunter to take off his.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Confused, and a little frustrated with all of this, Amon thinks of his father and projects his thoughts toward him.

Father, it is I, Amon. Please, you must act quickly or our lives may be forfeit!
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Bryce Cousland's voice sounds concerned, yet matter-of-factly. Amon, my son, you know I'm not that comfortable with magic. Please, to assure me that Daos is not playing a trick on me, tell me something about you that he doesn't know."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Amon could hardly believe this! Here he was, in a matter of life and death, and his father didn't even believe him! Surely he didn't believe someone like Daos would play such a prank! But there was no time for this, so Amon decides to humor him.

Something Daos would not know...something Daos would not know...

Father...um...when I was a baby, Fergus would snatch away my pacifier and run off with it, causing me to cry and scream during very inopportune times, like while entertaining guests!

Amon actually has no memory of this, but his family jokes about it quite often now that he and his brother are all grown up.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Calm down, Amon, now I believe this really is you. Bryce does his best to sound reassuring. Please describe the situation you are in, so I know which action will resolve things best.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Amon quickly goes over the whole ordeal again to his father. How the mansion is not haunted, but inhabited by smugglers. How the party is underground, below the basement, and were captured. How he can lead them here with directions, how many smugglers there are (including the gnolls and the wizard) and suggests sending men, and possibly Daos as well, to help free them.
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Vee is not very happy about the idea to give her backpack to this mans, neither to being bound by them, she had bad memoirs about such mans.

"keep your fingers calm, or I'll cut them off." she says quietly to Valery and Andrew, trying to get her breath slower.
I am NOT sweet!
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"If you do as you're told, not of you will be hurt or fingered- at least for the time being" Valery grins at Vee. He and Andrew take her backpack off, put it to the side, and bind her hands and feet as they have done for the others.

Then they proceed to do the same with Brax.

You have a good memory, my son Bryce says as Amon has finished his account. I am proud of you. I'll round up the militia and see what we can do. For the time being, keep calm, and try not to provoke your captors.

(ooc: Gunter is still bleeding!)
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

((ooc: we're out of potions, right?))
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(ooc: Brax may still have one up her sleeve)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Brax has two sips of an extra healing potion in hidden pockets in her cloak.. Hehe.)

"Please, let me bind my friends wounds, we gave you the potion we found. What good does it serve you if he dies here?" Brax says struggling as they go to bind her. "Please."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

(ooc: did the mens disarm Brax and Vee? and if yes, did they found Vee's hidden dagger upper her left arm?)
I am NOT sweet!
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Holding Brax's arms in a tight grip, Andrew and Valery look at each other.

"The boss said give us one healing potion, then you can use the other one on your man" Valery recalls. "So I guess we can let her do it" Andrew agrees. "But first we disarm you, and tie your feet" he tells Brax. "And we'll stay next to you, swords drawn. Any wrong move, and they sink into your body."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Amon sighs in relief for the second time. Now all they had to do was stay alive until rescue came for them.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Arthur, who still threatens Kim, now with Kim's own dagger, sniggers as he hears Amon sigh. "A little uncomfortable, aren't we, mageling, tied with the backpack on and all? If you call that dog of yours off, we might just take it off and make you more comfortable."