Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (This is the Game Thread)

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (This is the Game Thread)

Post by Jenara »

You know what goes here... Not till I'm ready.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (This is the Game Thread)

Post by Jenara »

The afternoon passes with the group resting in the inn, bathing as required and generally recovering from the road. Food in the form of roasted pork is brought out along with more ale if required to feed the hungry travellers.

The locals change, replaced with hungry sailors fresh from the sea, these are louder, making their presence known. They do however leave the party to themselves, choosing to keep the strangers at arms length.

As darkness falls outside, Tel illuminates a group of small lanterns around the inn, each providing areas of light to the otherwise gloomy surroundings. A young Barmaid called Nezza joins him shortly afterwards, the tall girl does all she can to fight off the advances of the various Sailors.

Unnoticed for sometime Brax sits in the corner, her hood removed (which is creating quite a stir) and dressed in a long red dress, her silver skin clearly visible in the lamp light. She is conversing with a young girl with wet hair and faded clothes, the girls eats ravenously, eating as if it were her first good meal in a long time.

Shortly after a short scruffy looking man in leather work clothes enters the inn, his brown hair is ragged, his face showing signs of both fights and an aversion to shaving. Brushing past Searos and Gunter sitting on a small table by himself, he orders a bottle of Whiskey and sits watching the group. His grey eyes glance at them with intelligence, almost like he is sizing them up.

(Enter Echo and Amon)

(ooc: posted but I need all the players in the same place)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos rolls his eyes, slaps Gunter on the shoulder to get his attention and points at Brax.

"Look what Bright Eyes found. Another wastrel that she will no doubt want us to take care of."

Searos shakes his head and looks at the new guy who entered the inn.

"I may be a few ales in, but I'd wager a shiney copper thats this Jackal character, ya feel me?"
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter looks the old man over, "I'd say by the looks of that bottle he's done this a time or two...probably a regular evening out..."

He sighs and then drains his glass, slamming it on the counter in an attempt to get Tel's attention.

He grimaces and then adds, "Guys like that usually have a story or two to tell. Besides, he kinda does look like a 'Jackal' don't ya think? Tel! Another bottle of whiskey like that one over there!"

He grins and tips his cap towards the old man.

"Ready to work that silver tongue of yours, thief?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Kim had spent the afternoon first with a bath, and then with quiet time in the room, reading the spellbook. Of course, not havng spent the "Magic Missile" spell memorized for the road, it was not possible to learn another one.

As evening drew near and hunger set in, Kim went down into the common room again. Seeing Brax and a newcomer at one table, Kim swept past the sailors and joined the two.

"Good evening, Brax, young lady" the hoarse voice is friendly polite, "May I join you? I am Kim." A hand is extended to the very young lady at Brax's side.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Amon and Echo enter the tavern, glancing around. Turning to Echo, Amon whispers, "Perhaps...I should do the talking." Knowing Echo as he does, she'd likely blow the whole thing by being rude to everyone.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo smirks in Amon's general direction. "Fine with me," she says with a shrug. She really didn't want to talk to these people to begin with. "I can't make promises that I'll keep quiet though. You know how I am around stupid people," she admits.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax simply nods at Kim, her reappearance had obviously been noted, she glances over to Searos and Gunter raising the glass of wine she carries. "Of course, I will allow my friend to introduce herself." Seeing Amon and Echo enter she gives them a nod, her red eyes flashing brightly, the red dress showing of her female form nicely.

Tel notes Searos's prompts and nods in the direction of the man, a bottle of the same cheap Whiskey appears on the bar, ready for either human to collect.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos looks at Gunter for a moment.

"I think we should let him get a little deeper into his cups before we really move forward. Why should we pay to get him drunk when he seems perfectly capable of doing that himself, ya feel me?"

Searos then gets a smile on his face and giggles a bit. "Besides, if I had a silver tongue, don't you think I would have found some way to sell it by now?"

He then points over his cup as Echo and Amon enter the inn. While Gunter isn't looking he sticks his tongue out as if making sure it actually isn't made out of silver and then snaps back to attention. "How'd things go with the mageling I said had eyes for you?"
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Amon." Brax shouts, grabbing his attention, "Echo, join us please?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Amon approaches the table where Kim, Brax and the young woman are sitting. Bowing politely, Amon says, "Thank you." He takes a seat. "How are you enjoying our fair little town so far?" he asks.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"It has much beauty, and is quite surprising. I am sorry I left earlier, my promise to Pelor needed to be maintained." She says as if that explains everything, nudging Vee slightly she looks at Echo curiously, the girl didn't like her, not one bit, that was a shame.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Oh, look. We are on a first name basis all ready!" Echo says in mock excitement before she joins the group. She takes a look at the new girl at the table before she sits down. It is on the tip of her tongue to ask who the street urchin is, but she refrains for the moment. "Surprising? Are you sure you are talking about the right town?" Echo asks.
Last edited by HorizonsDream on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You must get all the boys..." Brax comments rather sarcastically, turning away from the girl.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Vee giggles about Brax comment to Echo
After Vee gets her mouth empty off food she turns at Kim and says: "I'm Veeleyana. But if you want you kan call me Vee" she looks around "thats offerd to all off you of corse"
after tellingthis she gives all her atention to her meal again, but listens carefully to the conversation.
I am NOT sweet!