Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VI)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VI)

Post by Breila »

Limping, Babushka joins Locky. She won't be able to go much faster than Jerrard... She'll take Locky's arm again (the one not holding the torch).
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The party more or less starts limping back to the prisoner chamber, in bad shape. It takes 28 minutes, nearly half an hour, to get there because of the wounded. When they arrive, the torch Locky is carrying is nearly burned down to a nub.

Luckily, they don't run into anything nasty on the way.

When they arrive, Leafloam stands guard at the entrance menacingly. But he stands down when he sees who it is. "They hath returned," he announces to the others.

The others seem to be all right, or at the very least, in no worse shape than they were when left. Elvenoff sleeps near the bullseye lantern, still shining and the stone head still hovering over it. Ulster and Thuskar are both still all bandaged up from their own injuries. And Merithina, not a scratch on her, but she has been deathly pale ever since the troll attack.

"They're back?" Ulster asks, getting to his feet. Merithina, too, is on her feet in a flash, surprised. Ulster takes one look at them and frowns. "Didn't go well, I take it?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"There was this horrible thing with three heads, it ate Shay, I thought he was dead, so did Jerrard, then it chewed up Babuskha!" Locky says as she helps The Gnome to the ground, "It was interesting, but really I wouldn't want to do that again."

"We have to go back and get the gear don't we? I need to get my spells, perhaps someone else could go with you Jerrard...?"

Locky glances at Merithina, she looked really bad. "Its ok, they were just... we didn't expect that thing, we need to think about it, perhaps Jerrard has a nasty spell up his sleeve." She says with a smile.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Indeed, the creature is some magical construct, and a Nasty one at that. I have some Scrolls from the Shroom, perhaps one of them will aid me in defeating the creature, but right now I need to get our gear as Locky Said, I need someone strong to aid me in carrying it." He looks around "Any volunteers?"

His eyes go to Merithina, but he is happy Locky is talking with her.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Getting to his feet, Thuskar steps forward and nods.

Frowning, Ulster says, "Well...I guess I better go too, then and watch your back." He picks up Elvenoff's sword and shield.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka sinks down in a corner, out of breath and very pale. "Do you have some water for me, please? she asks no one in particular. "And then I think I will sleep.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Nodding in response to both Men Jerrard draws his sword, then pauses "We are in need of light. My gear is back at the Shrooms Chamber."

(Ooc: can we assume Jerrard still has his walking staff? If he has he will break it in two and use it as a torch)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jerrard breaks his staff in half, lighting one of the halves as a torch. Then the three men set off.

It only takes two minutes to reach the vat room, and then the bedroom, as opposed to the half an hour it took to go the opposite way while carrying Shay.

They encounter nothing along the way, and the gear is right where he left it.

Meanwhile, Merithina kneels by Shay's fallen body and examines his wounds. "By the gods...I shudder to even imagine the beast that did this. This whole cavern is like one long nightmare that we can't wake up from."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"well... we could leave now, but then he would continue, and I doubt he will stop at Thurskar." Locky says as she inspects Shays wounds again, as she suspected some had re opened, carefully she shows Merithina how to bind the wounds.

"Ohhh Babuskha, I had forgotten you!" She jumps up, ensuring if there is any water to be found, she goes to get it, carefully lays the Gnome down on a blanket and strokes her hair.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Thank you, Locky. Again. Now let me sleep." Babushka takes Locky's hand and kisses it, then tries to find a reasonably comfortable position.

Her sleep is fitful, interrupted by pain from her wounds, and nightmares that let her relive the moments when she was subject to the fungemoth's bites, helpless.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky does not move, instead she sits down close by and calls on Fizban for aid.

"Fizban? Hi, its me, I just wanted to ask if you could help my friends, see this place is really horrible and we could really do with some help."

(Locky casts Bless, just to help with the fear and make everyone feel a little better, might just help bab Sleep.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard distributes the gear as best as he can, grabbing some of the sheets from the beds at the same time. He then returns to the cavern.

He gives one bla to Merithina and one to Locky, patting the Kender gently he smiles. "Sleep little one." he mutters, sitting down with his book near the Merchant he tries to hide his disappointment.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jerrard, Ulster and Thuskar transport the gear back to the prisoner cave without any problem. This takes them only a couple of minutes to do.

Leafloam continues his vigilance while the others rest for six hours. Thankfully, nothing disturbs that rest.

====================

(OOC: Jerrard and Locky can renew their spells and anything else they want to accomplish during this time.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Locky prays for the same spells as before.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard spends his time recovering his spells and attempts to figure out the contents of the scrolls if he can.
(2 Magic Missiles and Web)