Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VI)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VI)

Post by JadedDM »

Thankfully, the two four-hour watches pass without incident. Everyone eats and drinks a little and gets some much needed rest. Shay changes out the oil in the lantern after six hours.

====================

(OOC: Jerrard's and Locky's spells are restored. Locky may start healing at will.)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VI)

Post by Breila »

Not having eaten the night before, Babushka wakes up famished towards the end of Leafloam's watch. She stretches, and quicky realizes she still has to go slow, the blood drain of the day before making her dizzy if she moves too fast. She quietly digs some dry fruit of her rations from her backpack. Munching them, she walks over to Leafloam to keep him company. After she swallows, she bids him a good morning and continues:

"My mentor used to tell me about the treants of Qualinost. He said they were powerful and wise, protecting Nature and the natural way of things. He spoke with great reverence of your kind, but also said he didn't know how much of what he had heard was truth and what was just legend. He had never met one, and I didn't think I ever would."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I must confess to being even more ignorant of thy people than thou art of mine," Leafloam replies. "Thou art not kender, nor dwarf. Nevertheless, I am grateful for thy assistance in freeing me."

This is not terribly surprising. Sancrist is a far way from Qualinost, and likely the treant doesn't get out much. Gnomes are quite rare in these parts.

"As for mine people, we mostly hide in Darken Wood, away from the fleshfolk. We at times meet with the elves, the dryads, or the pixies, though. For the most part, we keep our own company," he says.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I am a gnome" Babushka tells Leafloam. "We are related to both dwarves and kender, but a people apart. Most of us live underground, building and amending tunnels and caverns. This here" her gesture encompasses the cavern "could become the home of a gnome clan, especially with all the water running through to let machines run. Most of my kind are crazy about machines, especially the men. I was the oddball of my family, always running around aboveground because I liked the trees so much."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I am certain thy people could put these caverns to better use than the Shroom," Leafloam says. "My people have no tolerance of evil, and the onus of much suffering rests upon that creature's spore-filled head. I hath been alive for over two centuries, yet the few months spent here hath been the longest in my life. I will be quite happy to return to the surface, to Darken Wood. My brethren await me, no doubt."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I would like you to tell me more about Darken Wood, but for now I think I should get ready for the day and look after those of our group that need help." Babushka nods to Leafloam and walks back into the chamber. She says a quiet good morning to anyone who is awake, then goes over to Elvenoff to see how he is.

(ooc: Who knows, maybe when it is time for her to retire, Babushka will meet a suitable gnomish male in her last adventure and they and their progeny will live in the pod-caverns happily ever after?)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Elvenoff's condition remains unchanged. He breathes slowly, comatose, but is still alive and stable.

(OOC: Haha, that would be something, making a home in the former lair of a terrible enemy. Let's hope she lives long enough to give it a try!)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Shay goes over his gear, then addresses the group. "Listen, I have a proposal," he says.

"Everyone is hurt pretty bad, for the most part. But Locky's healing is limited. She could spread it out, and heal us all a little bit. Or she could focus her efforts on only a few of us. I suggest that Elvenoff, Ulster, Thuskar, and Merithina remain here. Leafloam can watch over them. Locky should focus her healing on herself, Jerrard, Babushka and me. The four of us will then go after the Shroom. I feel that a small, fully healed team has a better chance than a large, mostly wounded team. What do you all think?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Shay, I think you are absolutely right." Babushka says simply.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: Had no internet, and can't get to padnd from work..)

"I think that is a good idea.." Locky says with a faint smile, her body ached, she really needed a rest, yet, she had to go on. "I will heal Elvenoff so he is conscious, and then make the rest of us better."

Casts:
Cure Moderate wounds Cure light on Jerrard (2d8=11&1d8=7) 18hp
Cure Moderate wounds on Herself (2d8=12) 12hp
Cure Lightx2 on Bab: (1d8=1&1d8=8) 9hp back
Cure Lightx1 on Elvenoff: (1d8=4) 4hp

She saves the last one.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard nods, thanking Locky for the healing, "As much as it pains me, I suggest that course of action is the best." He tests his leg slowly, bring the blood back a little bit at a time.

Looking at the rag tag group he sighs, "We will be better off as small group, Shay is right." He pauses "However, the Shroom has a rather nice bedchamber, and it would be a shame to waste it, at least you could rest in some comfort. There is light, water, a bed... it would be better and it is defendable." He'd obviously been thinking this for a while.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky heals up Jerrard and Babushka almost completely, and heals herself some, too. Finally, she revives Elvenoff, who slowly wakes up.

"I saw...I saw the end. I thought it was over," the paladin says weakly.

Shay looks over the group. "Thing is, Jerrard, I'm not sure this group is really set for traveling. And we don't know the bedroom is safe. It's been eight hours. The Shroom may have taken it back, and brought reinforcements. We should all be on guard. There's no telling what surprises may lay in wait for us."

==========================

Locky heals Jerrard 18 HP, herself 12 HP, Babushka 9 HP, and revives Elvenoff.

(OOC: Jenara, I'll go ahead and use these values, but for future reference, Cure Moderate Wounds heals 1d10+1 HP, not 2d8--you may be thinking of the 3E version.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Lol! My mistake, yes, I was, got confused!)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

At Shay's words, Babushka nods. "Yes, we know this is a defendable place, and who knows what she Shroom has done all these hours. Ulster can use Jerrard's bow, and if need be, I guess Thuskar can help in defense as well, and of course Leafloam here is a formidable ally." She touches the treant's bark affectionally.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Yes," Jerrard rubs his beard thoughtfully, "Yes agreed. And Thurskar can fight, I need my sword, what weapons do we have?" He asks, trying to get everyone something they can use.

"Yes, that creature came out rather quickly didn't he?" He says to Elvenoff.

"My Lady." He bows to Merithina. "Allow me to provide you with some form of protection, I can cast a spell on you to keep you a bit safer." He casts armor on himself, (offers to do the same for her.) "You need to be kept safe." He says with a smile.