Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VI)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread VI)

Post by Jerrard »

When Locky moves, Jerrard speaks the language of magic, allowing streams of webbing to shoot out of his fingers, the web is placed so it oh affects the creature and runs floor to celing.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka throws her two daggers at the creature.

(13, 1); 2, the first hits AC4
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jerrard discharges his final spell, causing magical webbing completely encases the blubbery abomination, trapping it in place. The monster roars in frustration as it attempts to tear through the magical webbing.

Babushka tosses a dagger at it, which sinks into its blubbery flesh. The second dagger bounces off its hide, though. Shay steps forward, stabbing at the monstrosity with his short sword, doing some damage. Locky meanwhile fires two stones off, both leaving bruises behind, before wisely getting the Abyss away from the thing before it retaliates.

Roaring, the beast struggles to move forward. Luckily, there are two prime morsels still in range. It grabs hold of Shay with its largest mouth with a sickening crunch. Shay screams brutally before going suddenly silent, his torch dropping to the ground but thankfully remaining lit. The beast spits out Shay's battered body then turns its attention to Babushka, nipping her with both of its secondary maws. Then, quite unexpectedly, it rumbles, makes a noise that sounds suspiciously like bad gas, and then farts a ball of lightning to the southeast. Luckily, nobody was in its path.

Before anyone can react to these horrors, the abomination strikes again. It bites deeply into Babushka with its largest mouth, as if she were nothing more than a chew toy. She drops to the ground, bleeding profusely alongside Shay. It then starts to feed on the two with its secondary maws. It pauses only long enough to start hacking and coughing, then it vomits up a disgusting ball of fungoid tissue from its main mouth to the east.

======================

Jerrard casts Web.
Funghemoth's saving throw (1d20-2): 1, fail.
Babushka throws a dagger (13, hits) for 1 damage and then throws a second dagger (2, miss).
Shay attacks with his short sword (1d20): 19, hit for (1d8): 5 damage.
Locky fires her hoopak once (13, hit) for 6 damage and twice (19, hit) for 7 damage.
Funghemoth attacks Shay with primary mouth (1d20): 20, critical hit for (4d6): 20 damage. Shay falls. It then attacks Babushka with its first secondary mouth (1d20): 11, hit for (1d4): 2 damage. It then attacks Babushka with its second secondary mouth (1d20): 13, hit for (1d4): 2 damage. Agitated, the funghemoth causes a random effect (1d6): 2. Funghemoth fires a ball of lightning in random direction (1d8): 4, southeast. Nobody is hit.

Player's Initiative (1d10): 9
Enemy's Initiative (1d10): 6

(Enemy wins.)

Round 2!

Funghemoth attacks Babushka with its primary mouth (1d20): 13, hit. (2d6): 7 damage. Babushka falls. (OOC: And since it's trapped by the webbing and no other targets are in range, its secondary mouths will each attack the two downed heroes, no attack roll needed). The first secondary mouth attacks Shay (1d4): 3 damage. The second secondary mouth attacks Babushka (1d4): 2 damage. Agitated, the funghemoth causes a random effect (1d6): 6. Hairball.

(Players' turn.)

.X.X.X.X._._.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.
.X._._._._.J._._._._._._._._._._.X.X.
.X._._._.B.S._._._._._.L._._._._.X.X.
.X._._._.F.F._.H._._._._._._._._.X.X.
.X._._._.F.F._._._._._._._._._._.X.X.
.X._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.
.X._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.X.X.X.X.
.X.X.X._._._._._._._._._._._._.X.X.X.X.
.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.

X – Solid rock
J – Jerrard
B - Babushka
L – Locky
S – Shay
FFFF – Funghemoth
H - Hairball
Blue - River

(OOC: So, wow, this isn't going well. Also, for clarity, while I call it a 'hairball' there's no actual hair involved on it.)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

ooc: oh-oh, looks like Babushka is going to need a deus ex machina to survive that.Help!
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Using his sword to fend off the creatures heads, Jerrard swings twice, then attempts to move back, dragging Babuskha out of the creatures range.

He curses himself, shouting at Locky, "Get the torch, Shay is dead Locky, as far as I can tell, damn it!"
Last edited by Jerrard on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

(OOC: Jerrard can use this round to drag one of them to safety, but not both. And he can't attack in the same round, either.)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

(ooc: Tough Choice, frankly, god, he'd save Babuskha first, that sounds awful but in a pinch thats what he'd do. Locky is quick but probably not strong enough, besides as far as he knows, Shay is already dead, edited my post above.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky gulps, it was all so wrong, Shay was dead?? It had happened so fast... she could barely react. Pulling herself together she grabs the torch as Jerrard demanded, knowing full well the creature would attack and eat Shay if she didn't do something.

Copying Jerrards action she puts her hoopak to one side, grabs the torch in one hand and drags Shay as far as she can

(how bad is he? Is he dead?)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jerrard rushes forward, grabs Babushka and drags her away from the creature's drooling maws. She's bleeding badly and is in bad shape.

Locky rushes forward, as well. She can grab the torch or she can grab Shay, but she decides on the latter and drags him a few feet away, just outside the creature's reach. He is also in bad shape, but he does breathe shallowly still.

========================

(OOC: I assumed given the choice, Locky would choose Shay over the torch. She can only grab one this round. If I am wrong, let me know, I'll edit to correct.

The torch has am illumination range of three blocks, if you're wondering.)

Jerrard drags Babushka out of melee range of the Funghemoth.
Locky drags Shay out of melee range of the Funghemoth.

Player's Initiative (1d10): 3
Enemy's Initiative (1d10): 4

(Players' win.)

Round 3!

.X.X.X.X.B.J.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.
.X._._._._.L.S._._._._._._._._._.X.X.
.X._._._._.T._._._._._._._._._._.X.X.
.X._._._.F.F._.H._._._._._._._._.X.X.
.X._._._.F.F._._._._._._._._._._.X.X.
.X.X.X._._._._._._._._._._._._.X.X.X.X.
.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.

X – Solid rock
J – Jerrard
B - Babushka
L – Locky
S – Shay
H - Hairball
T - Torch
FFFF – Funghemoth
Blue - River
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: yes, she'd take Shay, she'd move him as far away as she could, that lightning bolt scared her, can she carry Bab?)

Locky quickly binds Shays wounds, ordering Jerrard to do the same to Babuskha. (which he does)

(assume thats the whole round action, if not she picks up babuskha and carries her as fast as she can to the bed chamber)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky quickly binds Shay's wounds, stopping the bleeding. Jerrard quickly does likewise with Babushka. Meanwhile, the Funghemoth continues struggling against its magical bindings, just as blue electricity begins to cackle all over its body.

Locky finds Babushka is too heavy to carry, and Jerrard finds the same problem with Shay. The two instead drag them as far as they can back inside the tunnel.

After several minutes of this, they return to the bedroom. The tunnel near the bedroom narrows to a point where the funghemoth cannot follow them, even if it escapes the webbing. They are safe, for now.

======================

Locky binds Shay's wounds. Shay stops bleeding.
Jerrard binds Babushka's wounds. Babushka stops bleeding.
Funghemoth continues breaking through the webbing. It should be free within two more rounds. Agitated, the funghemoth causes a random effect (1d6): 3, electrical discharge.

Player's Initiative (1d10): 3
Enemy's Initiative (1d10): 8

(Party wins.)

Locky attempts to carry Babushka away, but finds she is not strong enough to carry her own gear, Babushka, and Babushka's gear. This is 35 lbs over her limit. She drags her a few feet away instead.
Jerrard attempts to carry Shay away, but finds he is not strong enough to carry his own gear, Shay, and Shay's gear. This is about 70 lbs over his limit. He drags him a few feet away instead.

(OOC: Assuming you both continue dragging them, by my calculations, you'll reach a point in the tunnel where it's too narrow for the funghemoth to follow you before he breaks free of the webbing. So I'll go ahead and save us time and end combat.)

Combat ends.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(ooc: Whew... somehow, I had thought Babushka and Shay were accidentally trapped with the funghemoth on the same side of the webbing, Jerrard and Locky being unable to reach them...)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Wiping a tear from her eye, Locky calls upon Paladine to help Babuskha, (uses her last Cure Light wounds), "We were foolish and we failed, please help my friend, give her the life she so greatly deserves." She lays her hands on the Gnome, wiping away her tears.

"I cannot Help Shay, my spells are gone, I can make him comfortable, nothing more." LOWering her head she uses what she can, cleaning his wounds and checking his is at least still alive. "I want to go back to the others, to that nice tree, I can help Babushka and Shay after a rest."

Hopefully if Babuskha is now at least standing she will take some of Jerrards Gear, and help Bab walk, Jerrard should (?) be able to move Shay then?

"What was that thing? It was awfully mean and quite horrible."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Patting Locky lightly on the back Jerrard nods in silent agreement, he had been cocky, sure of what they could achieve, the stroke of luck he had fighting the pod men had given him a sense of over achievement.

"Then that is where we will go, allow me to collect a few items from the Shrooms bed chamber, blankets mostly, then we will go back for now." He shoulders off his pack, handing it to Locky, "Take this, I[/ shall try to carry Shay."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Some color returns to Babushka's skin as she slowly wakes up, still in terrible pain and quite addled. She is at least conscious, however.

Shay is a mess. Had Locky not checked herself to make sure he was still alive, she would have believed he was dead. His skin is deathly pale, he's covered in blood and his wounds are severe. She patches him up as much as she can, but he will not wake on his own for several days, at least.

==================

Locky casts Cure Light Wounds on Babushka. Babushka is automatically restored to 1 HP but is incredibly fatigued.

(OOC: I need to know specifically what gear Locky takes. Either Shay or Jerrard (or the both of them together) need to lose 70 lbs just for Jerrard to pick him up. Even then, his movement rate will be 1 and he will be at severe encumbrance.

Useful information:
Shay weighs 162 lbs without gear. Shay's gear weighs 27 1/2 lbs. Jerrard's gear weighs 50 1/2 lbs.
Jerrard's encumbrance levels are:
000-055 lbs - None, Movement 12
056-085 lbs - Light, Movement 8
086-115 lbs - Moderate, Movement 6
116-145 lbs - Heavy, Movement 4
146-170 lbs - Severe, Movement 1)