Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread V)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread V)

Post by JadedDM »

The only source of light now left in the chamber is the torch that Thuskar is carrying. The stone head now bobs around him, following him. He tries to bat it away, but the head always floats out of the way and returns immediately after.

Shay eyes the podman warily. "Uh, listen...do you guys know there's a podman here?" he asks.

Ulster sits down, exhausted and wounded. "Yes. It's Thuskar, our friend. There's something different about him, though. Haircut?" he asks the podman.

"Mrrh," Thuskar responds.

"Oooookay then," Shay says. "Well, he's got the only light source, and I can't keep watch in the dark. Can you...uh, ask him to give me the torch?"

This proves unnecessary, though. Thuskar simply hands him the torch on his own, then sits down next to Ulster, nursing his wounds.

Shay walks over to Leafloam by the entrance, torch in hand. The stone head rejoins him. The torch is on the verge of going out soon and only offers a fifteen foot radius of light, but it will do in a pinch.

"We need Locky," the thief says. "I was hoping Elvenoff could heal her, but...looks like that's out of the question. Any ideas? I still have that potion we found in the shambler's chest. No idea what it does, or if it would help or make things worse. It's an option, though."

Glancing over his shoulder to the others, he adds, "In the meantime, what in the Abyss happened to you guys? Where did that creature come from?"

Ulster adds, "I'm kind of curious as to where the big tree came from."

"I am called Leafloam," the treant responds.

"The big talking tree," Ulster amends.

Merithina lowers the dagger and sighs in relief. She looks down on the gnome for a moment with no recognition in her eyes, but then she seems to snap out of it. "What...what do I need to do?" she asks, uncertain.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka lowers her backpack and takes a small vial out of it. She passes it to Merithina. "This is an ointment that helps with rashes and burns. Help Thuskar and Ulster to put it on the places where the burning oil struck them."

She herself rejoins Jerrard and does what she can for him. "Didn't you have more torches?" she asks him at some point.

When Shay mentiones the unknown potion, Babushka is sceptical. "If we're in for desperate measures, we sould try it on Elvenoff. He's far worse off than Locky. I expect her to come round quite soon, her wounds were not deep."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

In a daze, Merithina helps to put the ointment on Ulster and Thuskar.

"Good point," Shay says. "But time isn't on our side. If something else decides to crawl up in here and make a meal of us, we're in no shape to deal with it. The sooner we can get on our feet, the better. The less time we have to wait, the better."

"But didn't you just say you don't even know what kind of potion it is?" Ulster asks, wincing as Merithina slathers some ointment on his burn.

"Well...yes," Shay admits. "I suppose regardless of what we do, we're taking a risk."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Occ: I think we need him, to be fair, we needed a more "tankish" fighter. lol..

Locky's dream changes to that of a huge monster, the creature burning, the smell of charred flesh...

It was strange because no Kender really recalls dreaming, the things that happen in a dream could never match the things in her head anyway.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard lifts his head slowly, "I opened the Cages, I took a chance, and, Ohh I am sorry." He lowers his head, "I have more torches, in my pack." When he hears the comment about Thuskar he goes to a pouch. "I believe time will allow him to heal and recover, he is.. He just needs time."

Looking over the group, the pain they were suffering, was it worth the risk? The Kender was small and silly, but frankly he rather liked her. "We have no choice, I hope this suggestion doesn't work out the same as this one." He looks to the charred Troll.

"Leaf foam?" He asks weakly looking at the tree.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka gets to Jerrard's backpack and takes out the remaining torches, laying them out ready to use. She listens to Jerrard carefully, ready to spring questions at him once he explains what he plans to do, and stopping him from doing anything he hasn't explained beforehand.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Leafloam," the treant corrects him.

"After the girls returned, you two still hadn't yet. So the three of us went looking for you," Shay explains. "We headed south, and found a path cut off by a portcullis. Further south, we were attacked by some kind of moss thing that sucked blood from Locky, knocking her out. We also found Leafloam here." He gestures to the tree. "I guess whoever is behind this kidnapped him, and has been torturing him and using his seeds to grow those Mad Trees we fought earlier."

"Mad Trees?" Leafloam asks. "Thou hast done battle with mine progeny?"

Shay scratches the back of his head. "Err, yeah. Sorry."

"Nay, verily, I am gladdened they are no more. They were corrupted, evil, and beyond redemption," Leafloam says.

Shay shrugs. "Anyway, with Locky down, we decided to withdraw back here. That's when we found you fighting that...thing."

"'Twas a troll," Leafloam supplies.

"Yeah, whatever it was," Shay says.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Sorry, my head is rather cloudy, I am pleased to make your acquaintance, I wondered how the Mad Trees were made." He flushes with whatever blood he has left.

"Yes, it was a Troll a nasty one, a nasty trap. Damn that Shroom. I should have known." He raises himself and rests on a stone if he can.

"We went through the Portcullis, and found a room where the Pod Men are Created, where we found Thuskar. And the Shrooms Library, his spellbook, some scrolls." He shrugs, he needed to identify them later. "The Shroom and four Larger creatures attacked us, I trapped two in a web from which they will soon escape, the other two." He laughs, bringing up large quantities of blood. "Thuskar and Elvenoff got trapped in a web. The others I defeated almost single handedly. I wounded the Shroom but he escaped to his bed chamber, then- I have no idea where it went."

He looks to Locky, "We need to try that Potion, I hate taking the risk, I can only assume it was placed there with the money because it was of some use. Thus it was locked away and protected." He laughs again. "Besides, Locky would see the funny side if does something strange." He stands, walks over to the Kender and strokes her hair lightly.

"Is that acceptable?" He asks, waiting for a response.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I don't know, Jerrard. I'm really afraid we could hurt her more. And as I said, I believe her to come round rather sooner than later. But if you insist, let me have a look and smell at the potion. Maybe I can at least tell if it might be poison."

Babushka sounds wary and weary. She too has been drained of quite some blood. She has trouble keeping her eyes open, now that the adrenaline is wearing off.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: Breila, Jaded, you have been updated, do you like green? lol)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Shroom?" Shay asks. "Leafloam mentioned a Shroom. That's the name of the guy behind this? What is he, a wizard then?"

"The Shroom 'tis no man, no son of Gilean, but an abomination. 'Tis a mushroom that walks upright, with intelligence, eyes and mouth, hands and feet," Leafloam says.

"What? The Shroom is...literally a shroom?" Ulster asks.

"Verily," Leafloam replies.

Shay takes this in, thoughtful. "Well, if he's on the run, then...maybe we're safe for now. Or maybe he'll round up whatever reinforcements he has and send them after us. Either way, I think Jerrard is right. The risk might be worth it."

He hands the potion to Babushka to examine it.

(OOC: Yes, I noticed. I almost banned Breila by accident. :lol:)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(I trust you two to help me keep this place in line!!! I mean I am making it up as I go along. No really!)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(OOC: Yes, I noticed. I almost banned Breila by accident. :lol:)
(OOC: Howzzat?

And yes, I like green. Matches with the colour of the ivy on my avatar's face and neck)

Babushka takes the potion, uncorks it, sniffs it, even takes a tiny drop of it into her palm and, if it doesn't hurt or does anything else, even licks the drop.

Herbalism check 1d20=8 (should have scraped a pass, no?)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Yes the Shroom is a Mushroom, a large rather ugly looking Mushroom, with a Longsword of all things." He raises himself back up, checking on the assorted members, dragging his bad leg until he settles on Babushka.

"I ahhhh." He flushes. "I am glad to see you, I was rather worried-" He gives her a light hug, "I didn't think I'd see you again." Turning he pats Shay on the Shoulder. "You did well to keep them alive at least."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

As far as Babushka can tell, it is not poison. What it is, however, she is unsure. It may heal Locky, or it may turn her into a moose or let her breathe fire.

"It wasn't easy," Shay says with a smirk. "I think Locky is rubbing off on her. She kept running ahead of us, usually right into danger."

================

Babushka makes an Herbalism check (8, pass).

(OOC: Breila - It was a case of 'hey, what's this button do?' but luckily I figured it out before any harm was done.)

(OOC: Jenara - Not to worry. I am an admin of my own forums, and I've been a moderator to a number of forums over the years. So I have experience. If nothing else, I can clean out the spam that crops up while the rest of you are sleeping.)