Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread V)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread V)

Post by JadedDM »

After dispatching the two sleeping podmen, the party set up camp. Although Locky had all ready passed out from the exhaustion of the day. With the addition of Elvenoff to their party, they could have the same number of watches as usual and let Locky sleep.

Eight hours later, they broke camp. Shay refilled his lantern with another flask of oil. The floating head, still wrapped up in Jerrard's cloak, bobs silently at the thief's shoulder. "So, what's our next move?" he asks, as he digs some rations and a waterskin from his pack.

(OOC: Elvenoff regains his Lay on Hands ability. I've updated Jerrard's spells. Just need to do the same for Locky. Or does she want the same ones again today?)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread V)

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: Locky will retain the same spells)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"So, what are we going to do today?" Babushka asks over breakfast. "If we all leave, the prisoners are no better off than before.
One idea I had was that Locky and I go up one level again and explore the tunnel behind the mad tree chamber we've overlooked. Maybe we can find something useful there. The three of you are strong enough to fight whatever comes in here, since you can block the passage.
Locky and I don't need lights down here, and I bet we can run faster than the podmen, so we run a moderate risk. What do you think?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Well, if we're going to split up, maybe Elvenoff and Jerrard can continue exploring this level then. I can stay here and guard the prisoners. When one of you finds something, like a way to open these cages, come back here," Shay suggests.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky wakes with a big smile, her sleep had obviously helped. "Ohhh that would be fun!" Locky answers in response to Babs question,

"Are you sure you'll be ok?" She looks to Shay while she freshens up with with some perfume, she shrugs, missing the pool.

"I hope you find something, anything, I really hope so, leaving our friends here locked up makes me rather sad." She looks to Jerrard and Elvenoff.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Shay nods. "I should be okay. The only problem is we'll need a second light source. Jerrard, you have some torches in your pack, don't you? I thought I saw them the other night when we were camping."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Yes I have a few, they should hold out for some time." Jerrard answers, the idea had merit, Elvenoff's addition had at least made them stronger.

"The idea is viable, however we should not venture too far." He reaches into his pack, and produces the torches.

"Ulster? Can you use a bow? If I pass you mine through the cage, you would at least be able to defend yourself."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka uses the water from the mill stream to freshen herself up. She doesn't like the idea of leaving the prisoners with just Shay and a bow, but knows she wouldn't be able to stop the men.

Checking she has the daggers and knife ready to be pulled out of their sheaths, her sling in hand and the extra stones in her pockets, she turns to Locky. Her backpack and staff stay close to the cages. "Ready to go?" she asks
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Not much elbow room in here to use a bow, but it's better than nothing, thanks," Ulster says.

"Don't worry," Shay says. "I'll stick to the shadows. If anything comes this way, I should be able to ambush it."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Oh yes, lets go." she does a silly little bow and leaves the cave with Bab. Hoopak ready she takes the lead.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka and Locky scramble up to the higher level. Baushka checks on the marbles they placed there earlier and puts them into a recognizable pattern once again, so they can see if someone passed when they return. At the T intersection, they turn right, towards the mad tree chamber and beyond, and take the small tunnel to the right they haven't explored yet.

All that time, they're alert for anything moving, ready to stop at the slightest disturbance.

(Hear Noise for Babushka 1d100=71, fail
Elvenoff
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Elvenoff »

Elvenoff slids his blade back into his sheath after wiping it clean from the podman's goo. He listens to the groups plans and nods his understanding. He watches as the group moves out and Jerrard pulls out a torch, "So tell me Jerrard have you known everyone for a lengthy time or have you just meet before taking on this quest?" Elvenoff looks around as he is talking to ensure that they are not surprised by anything.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The two women make their way back up to the first level. They squeeze past the stalagmites and stalactites, then head east toward the Mad Tree chamber. Inside, they find the dead trees still present, although no longer smoldering. Heading further east, they reach a branch in the tunnel they had previously not explored.

The tunnel drops suddenly down to a deep pool fifty feet below, the river pouring over the edge in a fast-moving torrent. A few jagged rocks jut out from the stream just before the water tips over the edge.

Beyond the pool, the tunnel begins to slope down more and more. It's choked with stalagmites and stalactites, and in places becomes so narrow that the the only way to pass would be to move in single file.

Meanwhile, Jerrard and Elvenoff return to where the tunnel forks and this time head the opposite way. The tunnel heads east, turns south, and snakes quite a bit. After some time of traveling, Jerrard's torch the only source of light, they reach another fork. The tunnel continues south, but also stretches east. At the junction there is a small net that stretches through the fast-flowing water. It has snared a handful of trout.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Hmm, nothing anyone can go up and down without a rope" Babushka says to Locky. "Unless we find something like that diverting tunnel further up..." she examines the walls closely, on both sides of the current, going back some way to where she can cross the water safely.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Searching about, Babushka can find no other way to proceed other than straight down. While the pool looks deep enough that they could jump without harming themselves, the main problem is there doesn't seem to be any visible way to climb back up if they need to.