Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: The Road Travels East

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH 1: The Road Travels East

Post by JadedDM »

Sturm agrees to Goldmoon's proposal, although he is obviously conflicted with the idea of having servants. He promises to pay them for any services rendered, regardless.

The three climb the winding stairs that bend around the massive vallenwood tree holding the inn. Once at the top, Sturm pushes open the door, allowing the plainsfolk to enter first.

The Inn of the Last Home is not fancy, but it is comfortable. The living tree in which it is built wraps its ancient arms around it lovingly, while the walls and fixtures are crafted around the boughs of the tree with such care as to make it impossible to tell where nature's work left off and man's began.

Stepping inside, they see the bar seems to ebb and flow like a polished wave around the living wood that supports it. The stained glass in the window panes cast welcoming flashes of vibrant color across the room.

Although not yet evening, the inn was all ready starting to fill up. However, the locals seem worried, cautious, and anxious. They don't smile and nod upon seeing them, but look away nervously instead.

There is a nice table in the back, partly hidden in shadow, large enough to seat a large party. Only two men sit there. One sits in the shadows, draped in red robes, his hood covering his face. He clutches a wooden staff topped with a bronze claw holding a crystal orb. The other man sits in the light and appears to be a warrior. He's handsome, very muscular, and stuffing his face with bread from a courtesy basket. Sturm grins at seeing the warrior, obviously recognizing him.

A bearded old man wearing mouse-colored robes and a bent pointy hat weaves stories in the corner, his audience mostly small children. The delicate windows of stained glass behind the bar are being polished by a pot-bellied man, the barkeeper. At a far table, near the storyteller, a man and a woman sit together and speak quietly. Another man stands beside the storyteller while a small boy stares thoughtfully into the fire.

Perhaps the customer that most stands out, though, is a beautiful young elven woman sitting alone, her golden hair spilling over her shoulders. She is chatting with a young barmaid with red curls and freckles covering her face.

The elf asks the barmaid a question about the old man. The barmaid casts him a glance, then says to the elf, "Actually, he just arrived this morning. Strange old coot, but nice enough. He started rearranging furniture and talking about strange things. I think he might be a wizard, although his robes are pretty dirty, so it's hard to tell. He does tell some pretty neat stories, though."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Re: CH 1: The Road Travels East

Post by Breila »

As they enter the inn, Goldmoon asks Sturm: "Will you get a room first to take off your armor, or will you sit with your friends all clad?"

She tries to model her behaviour on her beloved nanny, Nightcloud, who in time had become a kind and witty counselor. In fact, Nightcloud is the only person from Que-Shu Goldmoon misses, though not nearly as much as she had missed Riverwind when he was away on his quest.

(ooc: will Goldmoon and Riverwind share a room with Sturm, or are there servant's quarters, e.g. one large room each for men and women with cheap bunks?)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Rastlin finally looks up when Sturm enters the inn, a curious expression crosses his face. When he sees the new entry, but it vanishes once he sees Sturm.

He looks at Caramon. "I need hot water brother." he says before coughing slightly.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"How strange." The Elf mutters, he eyes glance at the door hopefully, then sigh when she sees the three newcomers. "He put the table like that? I believe there will be a meeting of old friends..." She smiles at the Barmaid once more in thanks. "I am Lara." she adds politely returning her attention to the Old Man, she loved the stories, having translated and written many such stories for her father. "Are those people known to you?" She asks, looking at the door.

(What story is he telling?)

Listening for sometime she watches the three newcomers out of the corner of her eye, being rather poor at deception its obvious to all what she is doing.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I will visit my friends first," Sturm tells Goldmoon. "It has been five years since I last saw them, and they are no doubt as eager to see me as I am them. You two may join me, if you like, or get your own table to eat in silence, away from my friends' and my stories and getting reacquainted."

Caramon swallows what he was eating and nods to Raistlin. "Don't worry, Raist. I asked the barmaid to bring you some. She's sure cute, huh? Seems kind of familiar, too...not sure why, though."

The barmaid grins, completely unaware she's addressing royalty, but still rather dazzled by how nice the elf is to her. She had heard stories that the elves were quite uppity, but this 'Lara' seemed to disprove that. "I'm Tika, it's nice to meet you." She glances over to the doorway. "Never saw the barbarians before. And we don't get too many knights around here. He does look familiar, though...could that be...Sturm?"

All the while, the old man continues his story, an old tale about Huma Dragonbane the heroic knight who was said to have defeated Takhisis, the five headed dragon.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"If we're welcome at your table, we'd like to join you" Goldmoon replies. "Hearing all your stories will help us getting aquainted with the land."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Lara smiles once again at Tika, these Humans were not like the ones she had met on the road, the girl was rather sweet. Completely different to the strange Mage and his weird eyes, or the many men she had met, they all wanted something from her...

Sighing in dissapointment at the name of the Knight, he was not her 'Tanthalas'. She should ask someone, the Girl might know, but somehow she knew he was coming.

"My dear?" she asks Tika, glancing quickly at the Mage, and flashing his Brother a quick smile.
"Rastlin and Caramon, are they with the Knight?" then she returns he attention back to the Girl. "Is that all of the group?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Sturm nods and leads the two barbarians to the table. Upon arriving, Caramon stands up and gives Sturm a big bear hug. Despite the fact that Sturm is wearing full plate armor, the brawny warrior manages to lift the knight almost off his feet. Once Sturm is put down, the knight coughs and blushes slightly. "It's good to see you again, Caramon," he says.

The man, Caramon, has a friendly, jovial face. He's incredibly muscular and dressed like a mercenary. He has long brown hair and his skin is tanned from spending a great deal of time outdoors. "So, you're a knight now? How's our sister doing?"

Sturm clears his throat. "Kitiara and I parted ways years ago, soon after crossing the Sea Narrows into Old Solamnia. She was going to look up relatives of her father, she said. That was the last I saw of her."

Caramon gestures for the knight to have a seat, then sits back down himself. Sturm first introduces his new companions. "These are Goldmoon and Riverwind," he says. "If it is no trouble, they will be joining us tonight." He remains standing until Goldmoon takes her seat.

Caramon nods to the two. "The more the merrier. Please sit. The barmaid should be back soon."

"So where is your brother, Caramon? I never have known you two to be apart," the knight asks, not yet noticing Raistlin sitting in the shadows.

Meanwhile, over at Laurana's table, Tika nods as she watches the knight walk to the table. "Yes, they are all friends. They parted ways five years ago. I was just a kid then. Tonight they are supposed to meet up again. I've never seen the barbarians before, but aside from Sturm, Caramon, and Raistlin, there are..," she pauses to think a moment before continuing, "four more that still haven't arrived."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon smiles at Caramon before she sits down. "Thank you" she says simply.
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Rastlin stirs slightly from his corner. "I am right here, Knight." he says lifting his hands out of his robes, his voice raspy and thing. He leans forward slightly so his face is half illuminated by the fire. "It seems you have accomplished your goal then, judging by your attire."

He coughs slightly into his hand. "I am sure my appearance is a bit... startling at first." he seems to be taking a measure of enjoyment out of disturbing the Knight. He leans back into the shadows and simply watches Sturm's reaction.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Lara nods and listens to the Story, the old Mage was doing well, dispite his constant forgetfulness.

"More you say?" She runs her hand through her blonde locks, glancing over to the tall Knight, she'd never met a Knight before, if the stories were true they were kind and honorable.

"Tika, would a room be free? I would like to stay tonight, if I can?" She flashes her beautiful white teeth once more, a little put out she doesn't have her food, but then she had been talking to her all the time.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Sturm blanches at Raistlin's otherworldly appearance. The wispy mage now has hair as white as snow, golden skin, and the pupils of his eyes are not round, but shaped like hourglasses. "By all of the gods...what happened to you?" Caramon frowns and stares deeply into the basket of bread.

Meanwhile, Tika shakes her head. "Oh, no. Rooms cost, just like the food."

"Tika!" calls the bartender.

"Oh, sorry. I have to go. Excuse me." The young woman hurries to the kitchen, as she has now fallen behind on her orders.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Lara laughsquite loudly, it is meant in jest but it comes out as condesending. "How very silly, of course I mean to pay. I was meerly asking if the was any room here tonight."

Seeing the Barman shout she smiles, "I'd go, if I were you."

Standing she pulls off her cloak revealing her beautifully detailed leather armor and short sword. Taking a glance about the room she walks to the Barman. "Please do not be mad at Tika, it was my fault."

She watches the Barbarians, obviously from the plains from the stories, why were they with the Knight? The other question was, did she care?

She would stay here tonight, listening for some sign of Tanthalas, then when Solinari had awakened, she would look for his house. Her eyes glance at the door, more than aware it would not be long till The Speaker sent one of her Brothers, most likely Gilthanas. Porthios was far too important with the rumors of dark things at the Borders. They would tell her she should be there, helping... Did they not see that love was more important?

[occ: Arghhh mega monologue! Just trying to set her up as a Character in my mind]

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon sits at the table quietly, she's there to listen and learn.
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Rastlin grins slightly, though the others can't see it when Sturm asks what happened to him. "I took the test in the Tower of High Sorcery." he says simply. "The results you see." he says gesturing over himself. "Was the price I payed for passing it."

He glances at Caramon, an unreadable expression on his face. He turns back to Sturm and his eyes flash slightly in the firelight. "I notice some of our companions are still absent. It is not like the Dwarf to be late." he observes.