Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: The Road Travels East

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 1: The Road Travels East

Post by Jenara »

Laurana smiles, "My brother dabbles in Magic, although he is far from the test himself." She drinks slowly, watching the group.

"Ummmm.." She bites her lip, lowering her head. "This is rather... Awkward, I was just curious, but what do you see, behind those eyes? You don't have to answer.."

Blushing she shakes off the comment, "Ignore that, so? How did you all meet?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After a bit of silence, Caramon took it upon himself to tell the story.

"Uh, well, Flint met Tanis in the elven lands. After that, he built a home here in Solace and took Tanis with him. They met Tas around that point," he says.

"Raist, Kit and me grew up together, of course. We met Sturm when we were young, too. Then our group met the other group, and well...the rest is history."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Sturm strokes his Mustache softy, "That is basically the story, we owe all of this to Flint." He gives a wise smile, eyeing the Woman with interest.

"You will find our Mage likes to talk much, yet never about himself, not the parts that matter." He says to Lara and Goldmoon.

He eyes the door every few seconds, watching and waiting. "I wonder where they are, it is indeed not like Flint to be late, it does not bode well I fear." He turns to Caramon, "Have you heard from Kitiara? We parted ways outside of my Homeland."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Caramon shakes his head. "Far as we know, you were the last person to see her, Sturm. I'm sure she'll be here, though. You know our sister. She can take care of herself."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Yes, I believe she can." Sturm turns to his 'servants' he didn't like calling them that, but they were in trouble, and did the Measure not state 'The defenseless should be protected at all costs'?

"You are among friends here," He does glance at Lara for a moment, the Elves were the embodiment of good, she could be trusted. "Please, relax."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon startles and blushes a little, surprised by the sudden attention she gets. "Oh, I'm quite comfortable here, thank you" she answers. But her eyes continue to survey the room. She does her best not to look at her staff or touch it, but of course, it's constantly on her mind.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"This food is very nice." Lara says, her manners are impeccable, never eating and talking, she spends lots of time listening.

"Lady of the Plains, what brings you here? You and your Partner are far from home." She asks in-between bites, looking directly at Goldmoon.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Raistlin is content to simply observe the conservation as he continues sipping his herbal mixture. His eyes shift from watching Lara, to Goldmoon as she is asked a question.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon smiles at Lara. "There isn't much to tell, really. Like you quest, Lady Elf", she politely inclines her head, "it is a story of love. The elders of our tribe didn't approve of our relationship. We were given the choice of separation - with death as penalty if we continue to see each other - or exile. We chose exile.

Knight Sturm here was so kind to offer us places with him, so we can learn the ways of the land."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"But, true love should win through!" Lara exclaims quite loudly, her pretty voice filling the bar room. Realising everyone is looking at her she sinks back down into her chair and hides behind her hair.

"My people would never do such a thing-" She stops suddenly, would they? She wasn't so sure..

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

It's at this point that the door slams open, and three men enter. They look beat up, dirty, and splattered in blood. It's clear they've been in a nasty fight, but none of them seem seriously injured.

The first is a man with long red hair and a rough beard wearing light leather armor and forest green clothes.

The second is a dwarf, an old one, with white hair and a beard. He looks considerably put off.

The third is a kender with bright blue leggings and his brown hair is pulled back into a topknot.

"What in the world happened to you?" Otik asks upon seeing them.

The bearded man shakes his head. "Goblins, Otik. Are the others here?"

The bartender nods and gestures to the table in the back. The three approach, noticing several new faces in the group...but one missing.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Lara lets out a little gasp as she sees the group appear, they had obviously been in a fight, a real one, the old Dwarf looked familiar, yet the years that should never affect one of his people had obviously taken its toll.

Who was the Bearded Man? It obviously wasn't her Tanis, he'd never grow a beard like that. She sits quietly and waits for the group to introduce themselves.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Seeing that the newcomers to their group are injured, Goldmoon quietly browses her things for the pouch with her healer's equipment, ready to offer her help.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Sturm stands quickly, his posture straight, greeting the newcomers with a warmly. "And you have a beard." The Knight says to Tanis with a smile, greeting his friend openly. "Tanis my friend."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon rises and smiles to the two men. "Knight Sturm, if this man is your friend, you certainly have no objection if I tend to his wounds."
She turns to Tanis and introduces herself. "My name is Goldmoon, and I'm a trained healer among my people, the Que-Shu of the plains."
Her posture is upright, she radiates confidence and compassison.

The young woman with golden hair and honey-coloured skin then turns to Otik. "Sir Landlord, is there a quiet room where I could take care of these people's wounds? And could hot water and towels please be brought there?" It is clear that, despite her politeness, she expexts things to happen as she wants them to.

Turning to Flint, she says: "You'd better come with me, too, Sir Dwarf." Walking over to Tas, she bends down to pick him up, then realizes he isn't the child she thought he was. "I'm soory, Sir. I never met one of the small people before, so I took you for a child. Is that your blood on your clothes, or your ennemies'?"