Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread IV)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread IV)

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard turns to Bab, then his eyes go to the cages. "We need to open the cages, fire might burn them, but we need to restrict how bad it burns?" He rubs his chin in thought.

"What about the 'goo'? That glowing stuff we found that Locky put in the vial?" He looks at the base of the cage. "We could use it to restrict the flames."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky looks at Elvenoff strangely, "We sort of tried talking to it already, its not really that talkative really. I dont want its life story, just... Oh" She turns away from the pods, looking back to the cages.

"Its rather funny, I was sent here expecting to be all alone, and you all joined me. Paladine is most pleased with us." She chatters on, unconsciously leading them back to the cages.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"The glowing goo? That should work, it extinguished the flames when they reached it." Babushka looks at Jerrard appraisingly.

When Locky returns, she walks over to her and whispers in her ear: "Could you please give Jerrard the vial with the glowing goo? We want to use it, on the empty cage first, to burn not the whole cage, but just a hole into it."

She then walks back to her post by the cave entrance. It seems so strange to her that no one has yet come straight after them...
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Oooo The goo?" Locky asks, searching her pouches, within a matter of minutes she produces the vial, followed by numerous other useless items. "I knew this would come in handy for something, most things usually do.." She continues to talk well after she passes the vial to Jerrard.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard takes the bottle of goo from Locky with a swift motion, he does say thank you, but seems to block out Locky's chatter rather quickly.

Taking the vial he uses a Chalk he finds within Locky's pile of items to collect some of the goo, with it he draws a roughly human shaped circle around one side of the empty cage.

"Shay, could you pass me the lantern please?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Shay hands the lantern over to Jerrard. Upon doing so, the cloaked floating stone head suddenly decides it now favors the wizard over the thief. It hovers over's Jerrard's shoulder idly.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka continues to keep watch at the chamber exit, resisting the temptation to see what her comrades are doing, but listening hard.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard goes to bat the scull away with the back of his fist pulling his arm up to head height, but stops midway and shrugs, there was nothing he could do. Dabbing some fuel to the cage with a cloth (torn bit of clothing, or whatever), he gently applies the flames, and watches what happens.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The flame scorches a small part of the rubber cage, but the membrane itself doesn't seem particularly flammable. It might be possible if the cage was soaked in oil or some other fuel.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard applies some more oil to the cage, to a small area and then reapplies the flame. Stepping back as he does so.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The oil continues to burn, scorching the membrane black as the night. The structural integrity of the fungus seems to remain intact, however.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka couldn't resist sneaking a glance or two to Jerrard's doings. She calls over: "Maybe the membrane is weak enough now so that a blade can pierce it?", then resumes her watch.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard attempts to cut the now burnt section of cage, if this fails he shrugs and returns the lantern to Shay before sighing. "I believe this is a wasted exercise, my initial findings are correct, we need a highly magical weapon, or Acid." (as he guessed a while back)

His thoughts then go to the empty cage once more, what is the fixity below? Could he get underneath and have a look, or would it require one of the "little people" to do so?

"I wonder if we could remove the Cages from this room "occupied" and get Merithina and the others to safety for now..?"

(Occ: Re-reading the post when we first arrived, I appear to have made a poor assumption, the cage is connected to the ground, rather than the ceiling! Hence the change of tact.)
Elvenoff
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Elvenoff »

Elvenoff gazes upon the activity of the members as they continue to swirl about trying to figure out how to get the captives free, when the oil is splashed upon the cage and ignited, Elvenoff moves up to watch what comes about. His face hardens in thought when the flames proved to do nothing. Thinking he moves toward Jerrard, "Maybe if we heated up a blade it would cut through." he added not sure that would work either but was willing to give it a shot. "If that doesnt work can anyone here make a potion of acid?" he looked over at the faces of his compaions.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka shakes her head at Elvenoff's request. "I can make plant potions, but strong acid is made from minerals, as far as I know. The only acid I could make is vinegar, but that takes a few days."

After a few minutes, she exclaims: "Oh, wait! Some things dissove in alcohol, too. Do we have some of the wine left, or did you drink it all when I was unconscious? Unless you have a stronger spirit with you, Elvenoff?"