Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread IV)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread IV)

Post by JadedDM »

Shay spent most of the downtime with the chest, practicing picking the lock over and over again, hoping to become better at it than Locky.

When the watch was over, everyone felt better and more refreshed. Locky can ask for new prayers now.

Once everything is taken care of, and the chest has been hidden in the pond, Shay turns to the others and asks, "Ready to move out? Which way should we go this time?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread IV)

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: Using Breilas Idea, as it seems to work :)
Same spells, healing is very much required here.)

"Well..." Locky ponders as she gets herself ready, "Where haven't we been? I mean these things must come from somewhere and we have found there pods but nothing else..." She sits down, head in her hands, trying to look clever. "Did we past the Pod room?" She sits admiring the new stone she 'borrowed'.

"Is this yours?" She asks when Bab notices, "Are you sue? I'm sure my mother gave it to me when I left.." She grudgingly returns it.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard breathes deeper, allowing the air to fill his lungs fully again.

He watches the group, including Shay who was obviously embarrassed over the incident with the lock, how could a half dead Cleric of Paladine, be better at that than him?

"I believe Locky is correct. We should return to the 'Pod Room' and follow the cavern, I am interested to see if there has been any change."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"The room with all those hanging pod things?" Shay asks. "All right, I'll take point."

Using her key, Locky reveals the root ladder and the party climbs down, Shay's lantern lighting the way. No sign of any thing at the intersection, save the dead podmen still lingering where they were dumped.

The party heads east, to the pod-chamber. It remains how they last saw it. The podman they slew lies untouched, and the other hanging pods remain empty.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Interesting, I doubt this is the main 'growth' chamber, or if it is, they grow slowly." Jerrard checks the pods once more before looking to the back of the chamber.

"There is little to see here.." He looks about, then back to the group. "I suggest we move on.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky searches the cavern, seemingly bored, she looked almost taken back when Shay took point.

"Ohhh, we should go, this cavern is rather boring." She stands on one leg, then the other, shifting impatientley.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The party heads east, into the next room. There don't appear to be any more exits in this chamber. The floor of this chamber is covered thickly with small, bulb-headed mushrooms. In the very center of the room is a carved stone head, about the size of a clenched fist, floating in midair about three feet off the ground.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky steps forward slightly, she reaches down and starts to look at one of the Mushrooms.

"I wonder what these are? I have seen funny looking plants that stick to me, strange pod things that want to kill me, and even been strangled by a big pile of leaves... So, I think these aren't just Mushrooms." She stands up, not moving.

"Do you know that some people actually smoke these? I have seen them its so funny." She actually looks up to Jerrard, waiting for him to check the plants.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard looks curiously at the Kender for a moment before kneeling down. He looks closely at the Mushrooms without touching them.

(OOC: Plant Lore Check= 1d20 = 6).

"I have heard of these people, they believe it gets them closer to the Gods." He laughs quietly, "The Caps are quite small, so I doubt they will be attacking us right now, but the Lamellae, see these Gills." He points under the plant, but doesn't touch. "If they are poisonous... Thats where it will come."

(Ooc: Wikipedia is my friend. Haha)
Last edited by Jerrard on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jerrard recognizes these as a very rare strain of mushrooms often called 'glowshrooms.' If one is crushed, like say by stepping on it, it will ooze a sticky paste of spores that instantly begin to glow with a cheerful yellow color. The spores are harmless, but do possess a single odd property: they are unaffected by invisibility spells. Thus if someone were to step on them, their boots would remain glowing even if invisible, at least for 24 hours.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"As I suspected, these are not dangerous, however do not crush them." He shoots a glance to Locky. "These are Glowshrooms, they glow when crushed.. However they might be useful to keep..." He reaches down and slices a single plant at the base.

If nothing happens he will carefully pick enough to give a path to access the hovering head. "Locky, could you collect these, and keep them safe please, I believe we could use these to mark our passage through these caverns."

(ooc: Assume Bab is helping and that Brelia's 'quest' has no doubt held her up.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky smiles, tottally unaware that Jerrards Glance is for her,

"Ooo, I wonder what pretty colour they make? Locky asks as she happily collects the first Mushroom, looking at it closely she carefully places it in a pouch.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jerrard uses his sword awkwardly to cut the mushrooms at their stems, handing them over to the kender. He collects a couple of dozen before he is able to reach the floating stone head. As he inspects it, Shay steps a bit closer, shining his lantern at it so Jerrard can see better.

Suddenly, the head floats over to Shay, just above his right shoulder. "Whoa, hey," the thief exclaims, taking a few steps back. The head follows him. He steps to the right, and the head continues to follow him. "What in the Abyss?" Shay demands.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky turns in suprise at the head, quite intrigued she steps over, avoiding the remaining mushrooms with the grace only a kender would.

"Hello, I'm Locky, and these are my friends.. Who are you? It must be strange being a floating head.. She rambles on, chatting to the head without a care. She even goes to offer her hand before realising.

(ooc: Once in a lifetime you get to talk to a floating head. Even if it doesn't talk back)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard turns in suprise at the head, almost treading on a number of Mushrooms in the process.

"Interesting.." He mumbles, sheaving his dagger (occ: not his sword, sorry I assumed that wouldn't need to be said.)

He leans in closer frowning at the Kenders Actions. "I wonder what we have here?" He is wary and has a spell on his lips, but is also curious.

(Does it appear a magical construct, and is it natural stone? Spellcraft Check for the magic? 1d20 = 11.)

He looks to Bab curiously. "Is this formed from Natural Stone my dear?"