Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread IV)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread IV)

Post by Jenara »

Locky hearing Jerrards comments about the base, and being just a little bored, gets her self under the empty cage as best she can and starts cutting the fibres at the base, after all it was Jerrard's idea, it would be a shame to waste it.

"I wonder...?" She mutters, as her dagger slowly cuts into the plant.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky finds that her dagger easily cuts through the vines without hassle.

"Well, there's that at least," Shay says. "But where can we take the cages where they'll be safe?" he asks. "Moving them won't be easy, that's for sure."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Hmmm..." Babushka says as she goes over the map in her head. "Base camp is quite far away, and we have this ladder in between. But there is no other easily defendable room, except here. And I wouldn't stay here because this is where the occupants of this cave come regularly."

(ooc: the map of the upper level is on p. 9 or 10 of the ooc chat)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Oh.. Ummm." Locky, rubs her hand against her head, "We need that word, don't we...? The funny thing is you'd never find it just lying about." She sighs, "Its always with the Evil baddie, or tied round his neck.."

She searches the room, "That Grinder thing is rather horrible, we really should do something with it!" Distracted she goes to the cage with the woman in.

"We can take the cage away, move it away to our 'base' but it will take time... I assume Jerrard and Elvenoff could carry you." She turns to look at Breila, "We could pull them up the ladder couldn't we?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I believe what Locky is trying to say is we can remove the cages to a place of safety, slowly, or you can wait here. What do you want to do?" Jerrard gives Merithina a friendly smile and looks to the others.

"Yes, that Grinder needs to be destroyed." He scowls, "Perhaps one of Locky's little devices might work.. ?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"We might be able to carry one cage at a time, but that would leave the other two unprotected," Shay says. "I don't know how we'd get them up the ladder, though. Not without rope and a pulley or something." Looking at the grinder, he asks, "Does anyone know anything about machines?"

"Just don't leave us undefended," Merithia pleads. "If those things come back and found you killed their comrades, they might chop one of us up to make more."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka says: "I agree with Merithina, we shouldn't let any of them here unprotected. And our old base camp is very far away from where we operate now. Maybe we should put the dead podmen into the chamber they came out of and make this our new base camp? It's easy to defend, too, two of us can keep anyone from coming in."

After a moment, she adds: "And we should rest now. I am feeling quite wounded, and the same is true for Locky and Jerrard, I believe. Shay, would you please take over my watch here?"
Elvenoff
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Elvenoff »

Elvenoff remains quiet as the group ponders what the best course would be to care for the captives. He moves over to the cages once more and inspects them closer. "Maybe since the cage is no longer fed by the base maybe the cage bars can be cut." Elvenoff addressing no-one in particular. He ponders the idea for a few more moments wondering if what he said made any sense, but none the less he already indulged the idea.

Using his sword he attempts to cut the bars again.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Elvenoff attempts to sever the fungal membrane on the empty cage, but finds that despite having been cut loose, his blade still cannot penetrate it.

"There's something else we need to think about," Shay says. "In the pod chamber, there are still two more podmen in there, resting. No telling when they might wake up."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard watches Elvenoff attempt to cut the cages again with a smile. "The cages are Magical, and as Merithina has stated we need a command word. It was a good try though." he eyes the man with interest.

"If we remove the cages from their current position, we can at least defend them better. Breila, could you cut Merithina's cage, while Elvenoff and I Move the cage to the Corner? Locky Check on Ulster and the Dwarf."

Standing by the the cage with the woman inside he smiles, "Merithina, we are going to move you somewhere safe, just hold on tight please." Watching Locky with the other cages, he leans in close. "Was the dwarf here when you got here? He seems very grumpy, we are having trouble getting anything out of him."

At Shays comment regarding the remaining pods, he frowns, "I have a mind to throw them into the Grinder themselves, and the bodies." He says with no remorse.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Hello, are you ok?" Locky asks Ulster and the Dwarf in turn, "I'm Locky, I guess we are sort of rescuing you. I'm a Cleric of Paladine.." She rambles on, chattering away, not really saying much.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yes," Merithina says softly. "The dwarf was not with our group, he was all ready here when we arrived. I don't know what those monsters did to him, but he seems to have lost his mind in the process."

"Cleric of Paladine, eh?" Ulster says. "Maybe the gods are looking out for us after all. I've never been much for religion, to be honest, but I'm not about to turn away any help at this point. I'd make a deal with Hiddukel himself to get out of this cage...well, maybe," he adds, a little uncertain.

The dwarf doesn't respond to Locky in any comprehensible way. His ramblings are total gibberish, but he seems quite eager to get out of his cage.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"A Cleric of Paladine sent us here..." Locky says with a smile, "He guides me, helps me, we will rescue you."

She tries to talk to the Dwarf, she'd talked to mad people before, yet she seems to fail, it seemed being stuck in the cage had driven him quite mad.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Great," Ulster says. "They stripped us of all our gear, but if you can get me out of here and give me a weapon, I'll help you take down the bastard who put us in here."

After a moment's pause, he says to Locky, "You seem awfully young to be a priestess of the platinum dragon."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I will cut the cage, if someone else takes watch over here" Babushka answers Jerrard's request.

"As for putting the podmen through the grinder, that sounds like a very good idea. At least they're dead already, not like their victims

And we shouldn't forget our wounds, either"