Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Prologue

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Prologue (Laurana, Caramon, Raistlin)

Post by Talyn »

Rastlin starts up the staircase. "Perhaps and perhaps not brother." he says rasping slightly as he struggles with the obvious physical exertion. "Her friend, if he is here, won't be hard to find." he says with some hidden meaning.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Re: Prologue (Goldmoon, Riverwind, Sturm)

Post by Breila »

"No, I've never heard of those trees. What are they called again? It can't be *fallen wood* as I first understood."
Goldmoon feels in a difficult position. She'd prefer not to talk herself, get the stranger into talking, but he seems to be set on the same goal in reverse: to get her into talking.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Of course he will! He will be so pleased to see me." She follows the two brothers, keeping behind she allows her sword to show at her hip.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No, I'm not sure where the word comes from. But they are the largest trees I have ever seen. I hear even the elves look upon them in awe. Many grow as high as two or three hundred feet high. They bear these white and orange flowers that, when fully bloomed, are about a foot across," Sturm explains.

"Of course, with it being autumn and all, the flowers won't be in bloom," he adds as an afterthought.

Riverwind says nothing, but it's clear from the expression on his face he is highly skeptical of the man's fantastic claims.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Guess that's true," Caramon agrees. "Elves do kind of stick out around here." He follows them up the stairs, then offers his brother his arm. "Here, Raist, let me help you. It's a long climb."
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Rastlin brushes his Brother's hand away. "I am fine brother." he says as he breathes heavily. He is obviously having trouble with the stairs but he is still refusing Caramon's help.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I see." Goldmoon says quietly, not really believing the man, especially since her beloved looks so sceptical.

In what she hopes is companionable silence, she walks on.
SightblinderX
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Prologue (Tanis, Flint, Tas)

Post by SightblinderX »

Tanis does not give them a chance to attain optimal positions "Of course we intend to resist!" he moves to attack the nearest hobgoblin.

(ooc)
Did not see a dice roller on the boards - so here's what i got:
Init: rolled a 5
Attack roll: 11 -- if it hits I can roll damage in the ooc thread or my next post.
(/ooc)
[b]Kensai & Professional Hero[/b]
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Nevertheless, Caramon remains close to his brother, watching him like a hawk in case he does need his help.

It takes several more minutes to round up the tree and reach the inn at the top. The Inn of the Last Home is not fancy, but it is comfortable. The living tree in which it is built wraps its ancient arms around it lovingly, while the walls and fixtures are crafted around the boughs of the tree with such care as to make it impossible to tell where nature's work left off and man's began.

Stepping inside, they see the bar seems to ebb and flow like a polished wave around the living wood that supports it. The stained glass in the window panes cast welcoming flashes of vibrant color across the room.

Although not yet evening, the inn was all ready starting to fill up. However, people were not as friendly and easy-going as the Majeres remembered. The locals seem worried, cautious, and anxious. They don't smile and nod upon seeing them, but look away nervously instead.

There is a nice table in the back, partly hidden in shadow, large enough to seat the entire group once they all arrive. Odd, it's almost as if someone intentionally set it up with the companions in mind.

An old man weaves stories in the corner, his audience mostly small children. The delicate windows of stained glass behind the bar are being polished by Otik Sandath, the barkeeper. At a far table, near the storyteller, a man and a woman sit together and speak quietly. Another man stands beside the storyteller while a small boy stares thoughtfully into the fire.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The three continue onward, until they they spot a man up ahead, wearing chain mail and carrying a long sword at his hip. He has dark hair and is wearing a green tabard with a yellow eye emblem upon it. When he notices the three approaching, he stands at attention and waits for them to approach.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: Prologue (Tanis, Flint, Tas)

Post by JadedDM »

The hobgoblins are caught off-guard by Tanis' enthusiasm. They are accustomed to picking on farmers and merchants, not warriors capable of defending themselves. Even Flint and Tas look a bit surprised by Tanis' actions, having expected him to try and reason with them instead.

The half-elf easily cuts down the nearest hobgoblin as it stands there, dumbfounded. Flint laughs out loud. "Damn, boy! Good to see you finally taking some initiative!" he says before charging at his own opponent. However, by this point, the hobgoblins are ready for them. The dwarf's battle axe is easily deflected.

Hooting and hollering, Tas slips a rock into his hoopak and flints it toward another hobgoblin, who promptly ducks.

Roaring battle cries, the hobgoblins charge forward and swarm around the party, hoping to overwhelm them with their numbers. One goes for the kender, who shouts out taunts at him as he ducks and evades the hobgoblin's sword.

Three of the hobs surround Tanis, hoping to avenge their fallen comrade. One manages to cut him across his chest, but not cutting too deep. The other two have their blades deflected by Tanis' own sword.

Three more gang up on the dwarf. "If there's one thing I hate more than a gully dwarf, it's a hobgoblin!" Flint shouts as he manages to single-handedly keep all three of them at bay with his axe.

=============================

Combat starts. Round 1 begins.

Party's Initiative (1d10): 5
Enemy's Initiative (1d10): 7

Party wins!

Tanis attacks Hobgoblin 08 (11) and hits (1d8+1): 9 damage. Hobgoblin 08 falls.
Flint attacks Hobgoblin 09 (1d20+2): 8, miss.
Tas attacks Hobgoblin 01 (1d20+3): 8, miss.
Hobgoblin 01 attacks Tasslehoff (1d20): 9, miss.
Hobgoblin 02 attacks Tanis (1d20): 18, hit. (1d8): 8 damage.
Hobgoblin 03 attacks Tanis (1d20): 10, miss.
Hobgoblin 04 attacks Tanis (1d20): 7, miss.
Hobgoblin 05 is unable to attack.
Hobgoblin 06 attacks Flint (1d20): 9, miss.
Hobgoblin 07 attacks Flint (1d20): 7, miss.
Hobgoblin 09 attacks Flint (1d20): 11, miss.

End of Round 1, Begin Round 2.

Party's Initiative (1d10): 5
Enemy's Initiative (1d10): 10

Party wins again!

._._._._._._._._._._.
._._._._._.5._._._._.
._._.3.8.4.9.7._._._.
._._.2.T._.F.6._._._.
._._.1.t._._._._._._.

T – Tanis
t – Tasslehoff
F – Flint
1-9 – Hobgoblins

(OOC: I went ahead and rolled damage for you to save time. Oh, and for future reference, we use http://invisiblecastle.com/ for dice rolls.)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon takes Riverwind's hand and falls a little back behind Sturm, she wants to let the person familiar with the land to lead the encounter.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Lara follows the two Brothers into the Inn, exhaling slightly she admires the amazing work of beauty, it was nowhere near the Tower of the Sun, yet it had a beauty and charm of its own.

"Isn't this quaint?" Smiling openly she ignores the large table.
Instead she puts her hands through her Long Blonde hair and heads towards a smaller one. "What is good here? I am quite hungry." She asks the two brothers.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Who goes there?" the guard asks.

"Who is asking?" retorts Sturm.

"I am one of the Seeker guards of Solace, led by Theocrat Hederick," the guard answers.

"Seekers? Running Solace? When I left here, they were nothing more than a handful of men and women with no power whatsoever," Sturm says.

"A great deal has changed, knight," the guard says, speaking the last word with such venom one might think it was meant as an insult. "The Seekers run Solace, as well as Haven and Gateway, as well."

Sturm frowns and strokes his mustache. "I am Sturm Brightblade, a resident of Solace."

"And these two?"

"I vouch for them," Sturm says quickly.

The guard frowns but nods. "Very well. One thing, though. Have any of you seen a staff made of blue crystal lately? The Seekers are on patrol trying to find it."

Goldmoon feels Riverwind squeeze her hand suddenly, warning her to remain quiet.

"No," Sturm says. "I haven't heard anything like that. Why do the Seekers search for it?"

"Not my place to ask. Just following orders. If you or your barbarian servants hear of or see it, you are to report it to Theocrat Hederick at once. Otherwise, you may pass."
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Rastin ignores Lana and moves towards the table in the corner, almost drawn to it perhaps. He takes a seat by himself in the corner where he is mostly hidden in the shadows. He tucks his hands into his robe and just sits there. Though his head tilts slightly so he can hear the stories that are being told by the storyteller.