Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Prologue

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Prologue (Laurana, Caramon, Raistlin)

Post by Talyn »

Rastlin gives them a disparaging look. "When last we were here, we good people were not hassled on the road." he says to them in his rasping voice. "My brother and I were born in this town, we have no need to explain our presence to you." he stares them down, his face mostly hidden in the shadows of his cloak.

He is noticeably not explaining Lara's presence and is subtly glancing out of the corner of his eye at her to see how she reacts.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Is the hospitality so poor that an innocent traveller on the road is troubled in this way?." She pushes back her hood, revealing her honey blonde hair, her beautiful smile.

"Let me past my good men and we won't mention this again." She flutteres her eylids and smiles.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

One of the guards says to the other, "Hey, Retark, I think these are the Majere brothers."

The guard known as Retark looks the two over. "Huh. Figured you two were never coming back." Looking at Raistlin, he frowns. "Wearing the robes of a wizard now, huh?" Under his breath he adds, "Just what this town needs, a sorcerer."

Retark audibly sucks in his breath at the sight of the elf maiden, when she reveals her face. "I, uh...well, my lady..," he clears his throat, trying to regain his bearings. "I'm terribly sorry, my lady. We're just following orders from the High Theocrat Hederick. We've had a lot of riffraff troubling our town lately, and we're just trying to keep our people safe."

"Also, the staff," his companion adds.

"What? Oh, right. The High Theocrat also wants us to question everyone coming in about a blue crystal staff. Any of you know anything about it?" Retark asks.

"The wizard has a staff," the second guard points out.

"So he does," Retark agrees. "We'll need to impound that staff for investigation, I'm afraid."
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Rastlin tightens his grip slightly on the staff and shakes his head. "No." he says simply. "You are not taking my staff." he is being very firm on that point, but the way he says it is a statement of fact not opinion.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"What sort of Staff are you looking for?." Lara asks, fluttering her eyelids once more, "Frgive me, I am but a Traveller on the Road... Who is this High Theocrat Hederick? What would he want wi?th a Wizards Staff"

She looks curiously at both men, and shoots a rather annoyed look at the Mage.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The second guard steps forward and holds out his hand. "Sorry, sir, but I must insisted the staff be turned over. We're doing this for everyone. If it's not the staff we are looking for, it will be returned to you."

Retark addresses Laurana's question. "You don't know who the Seekers are? You're in Seeker lands. We're a religious organization, based out of Haven, dedicated to finding new gods. High Theocrat Hederick is the leader of Solace." He continues, "As for why the High Seekers want a staff, I have no idea. We're just following orders, my lady."
SightblinderX
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Prologue (Tanis, Flint, Tas)

Post by SightblinderX »

Tanis picked up Tas and hugged him in a friendly embrace, noting to check all his posessions after he put the kender down. "Its good to see you too, Tas!" he grinned.
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Rastlin sneers at the guard. "As I said before, you are not taking my staff." he says coldly. He glances at Caramon and gives his brother a small nod as his eyes jerk to the guards.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: Prologue (Tanis, Flint, Tas)

Post by JadedDM »

Indeed, Tanis notices his coin pouch has gone missing. Tas grins mischievously before handing it back to the half-elf.

As Tanis puts his pouch away, his keen elven ears hear the silvery jingle of harness and bridle and the whinny of a horse. Turning toward the sound, he sees the figure emerging from the shadows. It is seated on a small, furry-legged pony that walks with its head down as if it were ashamed of its rider. Gray, mottled skin sags into folds about the rider's face. Two pig-pink eyes stare out at him from beneath a military-looking helmet. Its fat, flabby body leaks out between pieces of flashy, pretentious armor.

A peculiar odor hits Tanis, and he unconsciously wrinkles his nose in disgust. Hobgoblin!

Meanwhile, Flint and Tas are arguing, having not noticed anyone arriving yet. Suddenly, Flint gives a tremendous sneeze. "Horse!" he says before sneezing again.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"No, I do not know of your Human Gods." She says quite calmly, yet inside she is screaming, 'humans, why don't they understand?'

"I am sure your High Theocrat is a reasonable man, he would not seek to take the staff of one who is obviously sick." She shoots the Mage another glance and smiles sweetly at Retark and the other man.

"Are you troubling everyone with a staff, perhaps if I had a simple wooden branch would you stop me?" Her hands start to shake, obviously someone used to getting her own way.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Caramon catches his brother's look and blinks, then seems to understand and nods. Pulling himself up to his full height, he cracks his knuckles and approaches slowly. "My brother needs his staff to walk. Is this going to be a problem, officers?" he asks menacingly with an intimidating look.

The two seeker guards were in good shape, but compared to Caramon, they appear no stronger then pre-adolescent youths.

Both taking an unconscious step backward, the guards exchange a quick glance. "Well...I suppose this one time we can let it slide," says Retark. "You three may pass. Welcome to Solace."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Lara huffs and passes the guards, "Let us hope your inn is more polite than this!" She storms off ahead, shooting the brothers a sweet glance.

"Please, lead on." She motions to them. "How very rude, Seekers indeed."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Rastlin gives his brother a slightly troubled look. "The town was not like this when we left." he says softly to Lara as she walks towards the inn of the last home.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Caramon frowns. "Raist is right. When we left here, the Seekers were nobodies. Just a handful of nuts. But did you hear what that guard said? They own Solace now. And maybe Haven, too."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"How very strange.. My F- Umm, the Speaker of the Sun would never let such a thing happen in Quailesti!" Lara utters in amazement, striding towards the inn.

"Why would they be looking for a staff? How Interesting.. You are quite lucky, if I had not interveened, he would have taken it." She shudders as she sees the staff of Magius. "Why they would have wanted it is beyond me, it is not a pretty sight.."

Borderlands 3 - Navi