Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC Chat

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Kafen »

So, there is no leader of the group at all and no RP for me, No worries... I guess just Tas sits there waiting for a battle.
Last edited by Kafen on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Same with Laurana. I'll do something when the time comes... Oh no I can't I can move, thats about it. lol
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Do groups really need a formal leader? We're not in the military, after all. I would resent it if my character was told what to do.

Some time ago, it was Goldmoon who was just resting to get her spells back while the rest played on, now others are out of the action. When the group is so large it has to split up, these things happen.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Tas was just going to talk to the leader of the NPCs and do some RP while you guys were out. *shrug* Apparently, we are on "hold" with no room for RP in the other group.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Ok.

We have both talked about this and are in agreement.

We are out, the reason to play these games is to have fun. And..

Well its most likely the module style but neither of us are not having fun.. So as from today we are pulling out of this game, the style just doesnt suit me personally and Jerrard needs to focus on possibly looking for a new Job.

Parts of the game were fun, but overall just.. I don't know wish i could pin point it!
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Well, I fully expected that when you started deliberately trying to kill your character off.

Although I figured you'd wait for the module to end, and I didn't anticipate you taking Jerrard with you.

Well...@#$% it then, I'm just going to go ahead and close down this game due to lack of interest. I was going to try and fish around for new players for DL3, but it's highly unlikely I'll find seven replacements. And it's just not feasible for me to juggle so many NPCs at once. Let's face it, Planet's population just can't sustain a game this big. And it was probably naive of me to think we could get through all 12 modules anyway. I mean, heck, most of my games don't make it past a year in length.

If those of you few remaining wish me to, I can finish up this module, as we're pretty close to the end and things will move faster now that Green Team is entirely NPC'd. Not sure how much point there is to it, though. I'm sorry for letting you guys down. Maybe I'll start up a new game to replace this one if there's any interest; one that doesn't require a @#$%-ton of party members to be sustainable. Although I'm not sure what setting. I have been toying with the idea of Planescape...but, ehh, I don't know.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

No one took me. I made a choice on my own.

Frankly if I wanted to fight all the time I would play Call of Duty.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

I want to finish out the module at the very least, Jaded.

The modules depend on the players acting out the same actions as the original characters. It\'s a rough module to run for any GM.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

I did this module with original characters with Jaded DMing it before. I had a blast doing it with original characters before.

Unfortunately, this type of game is going to be chalk full of fighting simply because it is a end of the world type of thing.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Let me add, I am not blaming anyone. :) Honestly, I do not feel connected to the PC with a lack of RP. So, I understand why both Jen and Jerrard are quitting.

So, I hope all parties walk away with no hard feelings. It is rough module to run, and I thank Jaded for making the atttempt. It is not often that I get to play a kender.

And, Jaded - padnd is still alive. You just have to get your players to help spread the word about games.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

[quote=\"JadedDM\"]Well, I fully expected that when you started deliberately trying to kill your character off.[/quote]

Errr no, I was doing what I thought was the right move at the time, I assume you mean the Dragon? She is Intelligent, I thought reasoning might be worth a try.

Actually it was Jerrard who suggested I leave, he saw I was getting upset.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

sorry, I had a post all typed up last night and some how didn't get it posted.

First of all, I liked the game despite the end of the world railroad. But, I can see how it limited the RP.

perhaps we will work better in a sandbox :wink:
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I've lost more than a few hours sleep going over things in my head, asking myself what I could have done differently. Maybe if I had allowed everyone to create original characters off the bat. I don't know.

To be honest, I would like to continue this game and move on to DL3 someday--maybe when there's more interest and Planet's population is large enough to fill all or at least most of the positions.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

So, continue the game - Give players the vote over NPCs and run the main module as a meta plot outside the scope of the game.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I don't understand what you mean.