Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC Chat

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Kafen »

Ah, I will make a new Tas post in that case. The idea of him targeting Laurana as a player character is not sitting well with me as a player. You have an NPC openly making a power play against a group member. Tas is going to react accordingly.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Ok, I'm not going to respond to Tika in regards to what happened. Tika was outside the room for a start, and secondly Laurana acted, it might not have been the best option, but it was an action.

See this is the issue with this sort of game, if someone is absent, the game moves on without them, they might have acted different had they not been absent, yet they get to judge after the fact... The same holds true for the NPCs Jaded doesnt want to interfere directly, but he too gets to judge..

As for Eben.. Well he's an interesting character..
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tika's actions now are based off the fact of what she saw when she reentered the room. Laurana was unconscious, and everyone else was herding the women and children out of the room. That suggests that Laurana did something, otherwise she wouldn't have been unconscious.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Don't worry, I get it.

She was foolish and impetous, exactly what you would expect from someone so young, and someone who ran off to find someone she hasn't seen since she was a kid!

Yes, I know, not good. Someone needed to tell her to stop.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Ah, I do not get it. Tika is basically siding with Eben in character after saying that Tas did not see what is going on. Yet, she did not see what went on. What is going on? :( She has no reason to say what she did to Tas at this point.

So, why is Tika defending Eben in character when she does not know what happened?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, so I was going to wait for the end of the module to mention this, but then I thought it might be more prudent to bring it up now, as we're fast approaching the climax of Dragons of Flame.

You may recall that when Dragons of Despair ended, I opened up further customization of your characters--allowing you to pick kits and even change around your proficiencies a bit.

When Dragons of Flame ends, I was actually considering taking that to a whole new level, and allowing players to bring in original characters to replace their canon characters.

I have noticed that's the most consistent complaint I keep hearing in this game, is that how you guys somehow aren't connected to the canon characters, although they're the very definition of classic archetypes (dumb warrior, snarky mage, stoic ranger, grumpy dwarf, etc.).

In any case, this would be optional. You could keep the canon characters, if you wished. If you opted to roll up and bring in an original character, there would be some stipulations, that I'll go into further detail about later. But basically the idea would be, the original characters would be among the slaves rescued from Pax Tharkas. They would step into the spotlight, and the canon characters they replace will basically step out, becoming lesser NPCs who stay in the shadows. A kind of changing of the guard, if you will.

Were I to implement this idea for Dragons of Hope, who among you would be interested in it?
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

I actually like Riverwind. But, if we wanted to discuss the proposal, I'd be game as well.

The 'low magic' flavor is kinda tough on PC's, but so far we haven't run into the dreaded (or not...lol) TPK.

or even just swap PCs for NPCs
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

If you're happy with your character, then by all means, hold on to him. This is just an optional thing I thought I'd propose, since I do here a lot of complaining about the use of pre-gens.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Sorry for the delayed answer, but I had either overnight guests or was away during the past two weeks and wanted to think about the subject first.

I think that what prevents me from getting a "feel" for Goldmoon is mostly that there is a lot less interaction between the characters than there is in the other games I play. This is probably because the group is quite large, and many of them are NPCs which of course cannot be as fleshed out as player characters. So it feels as if we are dragging ourselves along the plot lines. I have the "advantage" of not knowing the books, so I don't get bored if we have to play out things the same way as the heroes did with possible different outcomes only depending on die rolls, and of course I do not know the modules to tell if they are other strategies or tactics that can lead to successful resolution of the challenges.

The other thing was that I had to use all her spell slots for healing spells because she was the only cleric, but that has changed now :)

These issues wouldn't change if I replaced Goldmoon with an original character. The only advantage I would have would be that I no longer needed to consider if an action I would like to take was in line with a woman who would later be high priestess. So, for the time being, I guess I would like to stick with a less burdened Goldmoon. Perhaps Nuke and I will get chances to role-play the couple Riverwind and Goldmoon a little more?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hmm, I would say the lack of interaction is probably more in due to the game's storyline than the cast size. That's sort of the problem with 'end of the world' games. There's just not a lot of time to sit around and talk.

At the beginning of the next module, however, there will be some time for interaction as the party is leading the refugees through the mountains. That will take several days, and there will be lots of politics involved as the refugees form factions and what-not. If anyone wants to book some time for interaction, like you said with Goldmoon and Riverwind--just let me know. I can set aside some of that time for you, no problem.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

works for me, I guess I just need pushing, things have been moving right along so....
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

I like Sturm, I just need to spend some time interacting with the others, just like the others have mentioned.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Well, I will be replacing Tika, even though I do like Tika.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

And, what was the result of my last action with Tas? :/
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kafen wrote:Tas looks around the group for the people in charge of the kids.
There is nobody 'in charge' of the kids. Unless you mean their mothers? Most of the women there are mothers, so I'm not sure what to say to that.