Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC Chat

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules

Placed on Hiatus....
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

OOC Chat

Post by JadedDM »

This thread is dedicated to talking about the game out of character (ooc).

Right off the bat, something important I want to ask everyone involved here is, "How much do you know about Dragonlance and specifically, Chronicles?"

I know Breila is pretty new to the whole thing, but what of the rest of you? I've been immersed in the lore of Dragonlance for so many years now (I have 48 of the novels), I sometimes take it for granted that not everyone knows as much as me. I don't want to accidentally leave anything out that will be important for you to know to play, but at the same time, I'd rather not overburden you with knowledge you all ready possess.

So have you played or run these modules before (in any edition)? Have you read the books or even seen the movie based on them? Do you know anything about Dragonlance at all?

I intend to send you all PMs with more detailed information regarding your characters soon. But it can save me (and you) a lot of time if I have a better idea of how much you know. For instance, if Talyn all ready knows what happened during Raistlin's Test, there's no need for me to go into it. But if Talyn doesn't know, it's vitally important I include that information in the PM.

So basically, I need to know, "Have you played/read Chronicles before?" and if not, "Have you had any experience with Dragonlance at all, either in games or novels?" Essentially, I'm asking for your credentials as a Dragonlance fan, if any.

Thanks in advance.

(P.S. Please avoid posting any spoilers, for the sake of those who are inexperienced.)
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Talyn »

I have read Dragon's of Autumn Twilight... well listened to an audio book version if it. I also started on Dragons of Winter Night... but the sound quality on the version I got was pretty bad, so I haven't finished it yet. As for what happened to Rastlin in the tower... I have nothing but hints and pieces from the books to give me insight into it.

No spoilers in the post, but a detailed description from you, Jaded, would not be frowned upon. Just to make sure it lines up with what I think it is.

I have never played D&D set in the Dragonlance modules though, so I am flying blind in that department.
SightblinderX
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SightblinderX »

I have read (though its been a few years) the chronicles, and twins series. I own and have watched the movie several times, I own DLA (even had Weiss sign it at an Origins). I own the 25th anniversary 2E/Saga chronicles adventure compiled thingy.

I have never played in, run, or read the actual DL modules, except parts of DL8 (Dragons of war), whose map of the High Cleris Tower i have cannibalized for many other homespun adventures.
[b]Kensai & Professional Hero[/b]
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Pretty new" is a huge understatement.

I know nothing except what Jaded has written. That's why I'll step aside if someone else comes and wants to play Goldmoon. I'd just be a fan reader of the adventure then.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Let me see....
I read the Chronicles in the late 80's, have the Collectors Edition, I wrote about the Books for my English Exam...
I have read every book they made up till Summer Flame, but now only retain the Legends and the Chronicles.

I played Laurana at Ice Wall, Tanis from the Start (where we are starting now) my first and longest standing Campaign was based on Krynn (Jenara is a Silvanesti Fighter Mage).

Basically I know the books by heart, I really love the Characters, which is why I am rounding up suitable candidates to do this!
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, sounds like Jenara and SightblinderX are set then.

I'll be sending a PM soon to Breila which will include some information on the Que-Shu for background purposes, and stats for the Blue Crystal Staff, and one to Talyn including some information on what happened on Raistlin's Test and stats for the Staff of Magius.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

We may have a Caramon too, he is just reading up on the PC. ;-)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
themattjon
Peasant
Peasant

Post by themattjon »

I own all the modules, as well as Dragonlance Adventures (1st ed.), but have only skimmed them. The only media I've seen recently is the animated movie (with my GF). It at least gave me the basics, I'd be interested in playing withOUT too much knowledge though, although I'm not sure how that'll go, given the "railroad" style of the adventures...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

If you've seen the movie, that should be enough. I might still need to send you a PM on what happened during Raistlin's Test, though, as that's pretty important background information. Other than that, you should be all set.
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Yeah, I am going to have to sit down and force myself to listen to Dragons of Winter Night. Even though the audio quality is terrible...

The series is good, and playing it in an actual game will be a lot different than listening to the books.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I'm going to ride a Pegasus? Wow! I've alway been dreaming of doing that! Ever since I was a little girl!
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Well, maybe. It kind of depends on what the party does and where they go. It's entirely possible to skip that part. Despite what people say, these old modules aren't quite as railroaded as many believe.

But I've said too much! *throws down a smoke bomb, runs away*
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Oh, Jenara, in the forum's description (where it currently reads [need text here to go here]) could you just put:

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thanks, Jenara.

Oh, Talyn, you can go ahead and tell me what spells you want to have memorized at the start. Because Lunitari is in high sanction, Raistlin can memorize four 1st level spells and three second level spells.
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Alright Jaded, here are my choice of spells to start with for Rastlin:

1st:
Magic Missile
Charm Person
Sleep
Comprehend Languages

2nd:
Invisibility
Web
Darkness 15'

Should give me some good flexibility there, I thankfully have a meat shield to hide behind. Those 8 hit points are not going to last very long.