Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Character Descriptions

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Character Descriptions

Post by JadedDM »

Tanis Half-Elven - The Leader (Currently Available)
Male Half-Elf Fighter 6 (NG)
Bio: Tanis is a tall man with long brownish-red hair, tan skin, and green eyes. Recently, he started wearing a beard to better hide his elven heritage while among humans. The product of rape between a man and an elven maid, his mother died in childbirth. Feeling sorry for him, the Speaker of the Suns of the Qualinesti elves (basically, their king) took him in and raised him like one of his own. Life among the elves was difficult, for they barely tolerated him. Tanis befriended a dwarf who often visited the elven kingdom named Flint, and later decided to leave and adventure with the dwarf. Tanis often struggles with his hot-blooded human side that is often overwhelmed with violent anger and lust, and his elven side that is more rational and despises taking a life. When he was young, he had a secret relationship with the Qualinesti princess, Laurana. But after he left home, he became enamored with the saucy mercenary, Kitiara.

Tasslehoff Burrfoot - The Rogue (Played by Kafen)
Male Kender Handler 5 (NG)
Bio: Tas is just under four feet tall, thinly built with narrow pointed ears, brown eyes and brown hair worn in a topknot. Tas grew up on the move, as his parents were gripped in wanderlust at the time, a kender phenomenon that compels them to constantly travel and explore. When he became old enough, he set out on his own wanderlust. Eventually, he encountered Flint and Tanis and joined up with them. Tas has numerous wild stories, and one can never be sure whether they are true or not. He claims to have seen a talking woolly mammoth, once put on a magic ring that teleported him all over the land, witnessed firsthand the coronation of an elven prince, and so on. (Tas' player is encouraged to make up their own wild tales.) Tas is typical of kender. He has no fear, a childlike innocence, is insanely curious, gets bored very easily, and loves collecting various odds and ends (handling). Despite his kleptomania, he takes great offense to being called a thief. In his mind, he isn't a thief at all. It just happens by strange coincidence, that random things fall into his pouches without his knowing. He's also very good at 'finding' things for people and then chastising them for being so careless.

Caramon Majere - The Protector (Currently Available)
Male Human Fighter 7 (LG)
Bio: Caramon is a hulking man, standing at 6 feet and weighing in at 200 pounds, all muscle. He's handsome with long brown hair and deep brown eyes. Caramon and his twin brother, Raistlin, were born in Solace. His father was a woodcutter who often had to leave home to find work. The birth of the twins was so hard on their mother, she barely had any energy at all. Consequently, Caramon and Raistlin were mostly raised by their older half-sister, Kitiara. Growing up, the twins became more and more different. Caramon mostly focused on women, athletics, and fighting. He was very popular and well-liked. However, he always felt extremely protective of Raistlin. Recently, he went with his brother to the Tower of High Sorcery so Raistlin could take his Test and become a true wizard. Caramon is a little slow at times, but this is because he prefers to ponder things from all possible angles. He has a big heart and often goes out of his way to protect those he sees as weaker than himself. Caramon enjoys the simple pleasures of life--a good ale, an exciting fight, and a fair barwench.

Raistlin Majere - The Sage (Currently Available)
Male Human Wizard 4 (TN)
Bio: Raistlin is a wispy man, standing at 5'9" feet and weighing in at 135 pounds. He's scrawny with long white hair, golden skin, and disturbing yellow eyes, with pupils in the shape of hour-glasses. (Note: This odd appearance is a result of the Test. Before taking it, Raistlin had brown hair, white skin, and brown round eyes.) Raistlin and his twin brother, Caramon, were born in Solace. His father was a woodcutter who often had to leave home to find work. The birth of the twins was so hard on their mother, she barely had any energy at all. Consequently, the twins were mostly raised by their older half-sister, Kitiara. Growing up, the twins became more and more different. Raistlin mostly focused on academics, history, and magic. He was unpopular and a loner. However, Caramon always treated him as if he were a weak sapling, on the verge of breaking in two, causing much resentment. Recently, he went with Caramon to the Tower of High Sorcery so he could take his Test and become a true wizard. Raistlin is incredibly intelligent, but lacks compassion. He looks his nose down on those he considers inferior to himself. He's snarky, cynical, and very bitter. He values knowledge and magic above all else.

Goldmoon - The Prophet (Played by Breila)
Female Human Cleric 6 (LG)
Bio: Goldmoon is slim and tall, with golden hair, a pure face, sky-blue eyes, and buttery tan skin. She grew up in the lap of luxury as the princess of her people, the Que-Shu. Her people worship their ancestors as gods, and it was believed when Goldmoon died, she would also become a goddess. Riverwind was the son of a shepherd who was a pariah for believing in the old gods. He did not view Goldmoon as a goddess, but as a spoiled brat. Nobody had ever treated Goldmoon like that, and she became intrigued. Over time, the two fell in love. But her father would never consent for her to marry someone so beneath her station. The chieftain sent Riverwind on a quest--to find proof of the old gods. If he did so, he would be allowed to marry Goldmoon. The Chieftain never expected Riverwind to succeed. The shepherd returned with a blue crystal staff with the power to heal. Outraged by this blasphemy, the Que-Shu attempted to stone Riverwind to death. Goldmoon leaped before him to save him, when suddenly the staff lit up and teleported the two miles away, near Solace. Goldmoon is charming, sweet, and compassionate. She is also now deeply religious, but she does not yet fully understand her new faith. However, she is also a princess and still expects to be obeyed. Old habits die hard, after all.

Riverwind - The Ranger (Played by Nuke)
Male Human Ranger 6 (LG)
Bio: Riverwind has tanned skin, dark full eyes, muscular arms, and long black hair. He is 6 feet, 6 inches tall. Riverwind is the son of Wanderer, a shepherd who was banished from the Que-Shu for his beliefs in the old gods. When he first saw Goldmoon, the princess of his people, he immediately fell in love with her--however, he denied such, claiming she was far too haughty and spoiled. Over time, the two fell in love and Riverwind won the contests necessary to earn the right to courtship. But as he was exiled, he could not marry her. Her father, the Chieftain, sent him on a courtship quest--find proof of the old gods. So Riverwind set off into the world. While in a swamp, he contacted a fever. Because of this, he has little to no memory of how he obtained the blue crystal staff. But obtain it he did, and he brought it back to his beloved. Outraged by this blasphemy, the Que-Shu attempted to stone Riverwind to death. Goldmoon leaped before him to save him, when suddenly the staff lit up and teleported the two miles away, near Solace. Riverwind is a very serious man, taciturn and difficult to get close to. He is a bit racist against elves and does not trust any stranger easily. He is deeply dedicated to Goldmoon and protects her like a loyal hound. He perhaps takes everything a little too seriously.

Sturm Brightblade - The Idealist (Played by Jerrard)
Male Human Fighter 7 (LG)
Bio: Sturm is a tall man with long brown hair, brown eyes, and the traditional drooping mustache of Solamnic Knights. He was raised as a noble in Solamnia, but the peasants revolted and ransacked the castle. His father stayed behind to fight while Sturm (but a child at the time) and his mother fled to Solace. It was there he was raised as a normal child. When he grew older, Sturm became more and more interested in the Knights of Solamnia. In the old days, before the Cataclysm, the Knights were respected and revered. Now many people blamed them for failing to stop the Cataclysm. Nevertheless, Sturm was enamored with their ideals of honor and justice. As he grew older, he began adventuring with Tanis, Kitiara, Flint and the others. When the party split up five years ago, he returned to Solamnia to seek out his father and his old castle. When he returned, he was wearing his father's sword and armor, heirlooms of the Knighthood. Sturm is incredibly honorable, chivalrous, noble and quite stubborn. He follows the code of the Knighthood to the letter ("Est Sularus oth Mithas" or "My Honor is my Life.")

Flint Fireforge - The Mentor (Currently Available)
Male Neidar Fighter 5 (NG)
Bio: Flint is just over half an elf in size, with a barrel-shaped chest, forge-hardened arms twice the size of any elf's arms, a thick black beard, and steel-blue eyes. He grew up in the hill dwarf community of Hillhome, but later took to the road to sell his wares. Over time, he caught the eye of the Qualinesti and was asked to stay with them for awhile to serve their leader, the Speaker of the Sun. During this time, Flint befriended Tanis Half-Elven. Eventually, he and Tanis left Qualinost and settled in Solace. Tanis and his friends would often accompany Flint on his trips to sell his wares, getting into adventures along the way. Flint is, by far, the oldest member of the group and feels responsible for the 'children' he travels with. He is known to be queasy about heights, scared to death of boats and water altogether, and allergic to horses. Although very grumpy and dour on the outside, deep down he really cares about his companions. Yes, even that doorknob of a kender, Tas (not that he would ever admit it)!

Tika Waylan - The Ingénue (Played by HorizonsDream)
Female Human Thief 3/Fighter 4 (NG)
Bio: Tika is a rosy-cheeked girl with eager eyes and curly, short-cropped dark red hair. She has a willowy form, green eyes, and freckles on her face. Tika is the daughter of a con-man and minor magician who ran out on her. She made her living thieving until she was adopted by Otik Sandeth (owner of the inn in Solace) and became one of his barmaids. Since then she has led a very ordinary and fairly boring life, serving ale and spiced potatoes. She is friends with the Companions and has learned to fight a bit from them, but never gets to go on real adventures with them. Tika presents a tough image as insulation against her sense of vulnerability. She has a fascination with magic and adventure. She's passionate and caring, but rather naive about the real world, despite what she may say. In combat, she tends to forget her warrior training in favor of her barroom brawling instincts, and just bashes heads with her trusty skillet (1d8 bludgeoning damage).

Lauralanthalasa (Laurana) Kanan - The Princess (Played by Jenara)
Female Qualinesti Fighter 4 (CG)
Bio: Laurana is willow thin with eyes colored the green of new leaves, hair as gold as the morning sunlight, and smooth woodland brown skin. She is the daughter and youngest child of the Speaker of the Sun, Solostaran Kanan. As a child, she asked Tanis to marry her and he agreed, so she gave him her golden ring. She didn't realize at the time, Tanis only agreed because he knew it would honk off the royal family court. And when she announced the engagement, there was indeed much scandal and outrage, bringing great embarrassment to the family. When Tanis left Qualinost, her family hoped she would put her silly crush aside. Little did they realize, she would harbor it for years to come. Laurana is a very spoiled little girl. She tends to sulk when she does not get her way and is skillful at using her good looks and charms to her advantage. She may be forced to grow up very quickly when she realizes the world is not all sunshine and roses.

Magpie Glup (Laurana's Henchman)
Female Dwarf (Aghar) Thief 3 (CN)
Bio: Magpie, a typical gully dwarf, is scrawny and unattractive. She spends most of her time trying to remain unnoticed, which she does well. Magpie is an inoffensive a creature as exists anywhere. She loves her new job as the princesses' "handmaiden" and honestly doesn't realize when people are being mean to her. She grew up in Xak Tsaroth, but later joined up with the heroes after the city was destroyed. She's quite cowardly, but will fiercely defend Laurana when she is in danger.

Sunstar of the Que-Shu (Currently Available)
Female Human (Plainsfolk) Fighter 3 (CG)
Bio: Sunstar is a young Que-Shu woman with blonde hair and brown eyes. She and her brother, Raven-eye, were captured by the draconians after they razed Que-Shu. They were brought to Xak Tsaroth to be fed to Onyx, but she managed to escape and meet up with the party. She is largely skeptical of all this talk of old gods, and is wary of Riverwind and Goldmoon for bringing destruction to their village in the first place (as the draconians were searching for the Blue Crystal Staff).

Raven-eye of the Que-Shu (Currently Available)
Male Human (Plainsfolk) Fighter 3 (CG)
Bio: Raven-eye has the standard bronzed skin and black hair of the Que-Shu. He and his sister, Sunstar, were captured by draconians after they razed Que-Shu. They were brought to Xak Tsaroth to be fed to Onyx, but Sunstar managed to escape, meet up with the heroes, and convince them to rescue Raven-eye (even as the whole city was collapsing). He is largely skeptical of all this talk of old gods, and is wary of Riverwind and Goldmoon for bringing destruction to their village in the first place (as the draconians were searching for the Blue Crystal Staff).
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: Character Selection

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, so I do believe Jenara has granted posting access to this forum to everyone who has shown an interest in joining so far. If she has not, post in the recruitment thread, and I'm sure she'll remedy that.

In the meantime, those who do have access can now start staking a claim to which character they want. Just post in this thread which one you want. If you have any questions about the characters to help make up your mind, go ahead and ask.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Just woke up in a sweat, realising I didn't put my name by Laruana!

I can sleep now.

Rastlin Claimed for Talyn. Btw
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
SightblinderX
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SightblinderX »

/me puts an 'X' next to Tanis
[b]Kensai & Professional Hero[/b]
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Yep yep!

Rastlin will be the character for me, curious if I can channel a proper Rastlin as I see him.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, so far we have:

Jenara - Laurana
SightblinderX - Tanis
Talyn - Raistlin

Anyone else want to throw their hat into the ring?
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I'd play Goldmoon, unless the person Jenara spoke of in the recruitment thread shows up.

I don't want to be a spoilsport, but I spotted an inconsistency: If Goldmoon and Riverwind were teleported by the staff, how come they have weapons, armor and all their equipment? I'd think that Riverwind was probably stripped of everything when he was set up to be stoned (lucky enough the staff was planted beside him to show he was accused of blasphemy), and Goldmoon was probably in her princess's gown, decked with jewellery. Have they used her jewellery to buy their equipment? Their first days in a strange land would be interesting to play out...
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

That's a good question, Breila. I don't have an answer, though. I'm guessing the writers of the module didn't really think that through, but just realized that starting two characters with no gear (save the Blue Crystal Staff) would prove quite a hindrance. (Or maybe they just assumed all adventurers walk around in their full gear, whether braving the plains or having a tea party. :lol: )

But your explanation is as good as any. It would explain why the only piece of jewelry Goldmoon has is her tiara. As far as I know, neither the module nor the books pinpoint exactly where they teleport to. Or how long it's been since the incident. It's entirely possible they came across a different town (Gateway, perhaps) or maybe a caravan and did some trading to gear up before reaching Solace.
Their first days in a strange land would be interesting to play out...
That's a good point. Riverwind has traveled before, but Goldmoon has never been outside of her tribe's land, as far as I know. The outside world might seem strange and wondrous indeed, with tree-towns like Solace, and all these elves, dwarves, and kender running about.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

I have noted to a Possible Sturm or Caramon the link to the Thread.
Along with our Kender (I hope) she would like to play "Tasha Burrfoot" if that is acceptable?

Finally I have asked her to talk to the Goldmoon I mentioned... She even looks the part in real life :o
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

I can't think of anyone else I would recruit right now...

However, the party is already starting to fill out nicely.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gender-flip Tas? Hmm. Well, I suppose his gender doesn't play any important role in the story. He could be a girl, sure, why not?
themattjon
Peasant
Peasant

Post by themattjon »

I could never figure out which gender Tas was anyway, LOL
Anywho, as my first post on these forums, I'd like to express interest in playing the role of Caramon Majere :D
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Sweet, another party slot filled!

Also, I have a straight man to play Rastlin against thats another PC. :D
themattjon
Peasant
Peasant

Post by themattjon »

Not to worry; I SHALL KEEP YOU SAFE, Dear Brother!!!
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Let go of me you dim witted fool! I can do this on my own! :P