Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Dragonlance Chronicles

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Dragonlance Chronicles

Post by JadedDM »

I'm thinking of starting up a second game here at Planet. It would be 2nd Edition and involve the original Dragonlance modules, starting with Dragons of Despair (DL1).

Any other details, at this point, are undecided. But I thought I'd put this up and see how much interest, if any, there was in such an endeavor.

If I do this, there is room for up to 8 PCs, between the levels of 3-6. I likely won't use XP, but just automatically level up everyone at the end of each module. I may use the pre-gen characters or let people roll up new characters, or a mix of both. Not sure yet.

For those who are not familiar all ready with Dragonlance or Chronicles, a basic summary:

Three hundred and fifty years ago was the Cataclysm. Mankind, in its arrogance, demanded the supplication of the gods. In response, the gods hurled a fiery mountain at the city of Istar, the largest and holiest of empires. The devastation wrought affected the entire continent of Ansalon. New mountains were formed, new seas were born, and the death toll was unmeasurable. When the dust settled, the world had changed and the true clerics of the land--those who could heal magically--were gone. Thus began the Age of Despair.

Things have changed since then. People have sought out new gods. These 'gods' to not grant clerical powers or create miracles. There are rumors of war to the north. People speak of strange monsters, the mythical dragons that were said to once populate the land, and of a great army sweeping across Ansalon like a shadow. A group of nine friends made a pact five years ago--to split up and search the land for signs that the true gods have returned. They return now to their home of Solace to find things are not how they left them...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: Dragonlance Chronicles

Post by Jenara »

Calls Laurana! lol!
Please, Someone play Tanis, think of the fun!

Talyn Calls Rastlin..
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Yep yep! Rastlin for me, it will be a nice change of pace.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Ok, So, the Facebook World is Blurring with PaDnD...

I may have a Kender and a Goldmoon..
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

So that's potentially four people then. Any other takers?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

I'm working on a potential Tanis... I'll let you know, and a Flint ;)

(I'll get to Pod Caverns in a little bit, working and posting)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

As I know nothing about Dragonlance, I coulnd't play any of the ready-made characters in a group that knows the world well.

But if rolled-up characters are allowed, I had a brainwave about someone that might be fun to play and fun to interact with: a young female magic-user, born into a privileged family, highly intelligent but (due to her secluded upbringing) totally ignorant of the ways of the world.

How's that?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Breila wrote:As I know nothing about Dragonlance, I coulnd't play any of the ready-made characters in a group that knows the world well.
I...fail to see why not. There are no pre-requirements for playing the pre-gens. A brief bio is given for each one, which I would post.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Well, it's more a question of feeling comfortable myself. I'm afraid to make a fool of myself when I play a well-known character all wrong.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

In some respects Goldmoon is perfect for you Brelia, she has been thrown into a strange world. She was revered as a god and has just realised this world is bigger than she thought.

With a bit o research into the plainsmen you'll be fine.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

You wouldn't have to worry about that. In fact, I'd encourage my players to put their own little twists on the characters. If everyone played them to the hilt, exactly like in the books, we'd basically be reading from a script and know everything that would happen beforehand.

And that would be boring.

I prefer things to be open to some interpretation. Someone who is supposed to die might live, someone who is supposed to live might die. If the books say two characters are supposed to get married and have lots of kids, well...maybe they will. Maybe one will die. Maybe they'll fall in love with other people. The only thing you need to follow is the short blurb I'll post for each character, which will be vague enough to be open for some interpretation.

I understand how you feel, though. I had a player say the same thing, almost word for word, in my other group. She felt she couldn't possibly do justice to such 'legendary' characters. But really, the Heroes of the Lance are hardly original or awe-inspiring. They follow the typical archetypes we've all seen and played before. You have the dumb-as-a-brick warrior who has a good heart, the cynical and (physically) weak wizard, the gruff and dour dwarf, the stoic and taciturn ranger, the idealistic and honor-bound knight, and so forth.

So don't be put off by the pre-gens. You need not thoroughly research the character in question in order to get him/her 'right.' In fact, I rather like the idea of having at least some players going in blind. In my other group, my players are all big Dragonlance fans who have read the books many times. Consequently, they follow the books so closely, that I get a bit frustrated by it. So having someone like you in the game, who is not all ready an expert on the story, would be a great boon to the game, I believe.

Actually, Jenara, why don't you go ahead and open up a new forum for me. I'll start working on posting those character bios, and we can start preliminary work on who wants to play who.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Cool,

I can do that, lets get this party started

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Jenara, you were right. Goldmoon is very close to what I had in mind.

But you mentioned earlier that you had a Goldmoon, so I won't claim her.
TigerStripedDog
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by TigerStripedDog »

I would be interested in playing, if there are positions available.

Tiger
*unintelligible scribble*
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

TigerStripedDog wrote:I would be interested in playing, if there are positions available.

Tiger
Tiger = Sturm.. gotta be!

Borderlands 3 - Navi