Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread III)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread III)

Post by Breila »

Babushka tries to hold on to Jerrard until he lays her down. She feels very weak. Shapes, sounds, even smells get blurred, in and out of focus.

"Spider bit me" she whispers. "Never met anything like it. No idea what the poison will do, or how to help."
A glint of mischief steals into her eyes. "I'd say amputate if it gets worse, but you can't amputate my neck without killing me, can you?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"She has been injured, sorely, the poison is seeping into her system. Locky? Can you help her?" Jerrard lays the Gnome down with care, exposes her arm carefully, inspecting the wound.

"Shay, could you collect some clean water, please?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I will try." She looks at the wound carefully, strangely there is no longer a silly, distracted Kender, but a sweet caring Cleric, one with Wisdom in her eyes.

(occ: Healing check: 1d20=2 Pass, this poison was injected thus she has a chance to help... Neutralise poison is 4th level spell.....)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Shay hurries to the pond, filling up his waterskin and bringing it back with him.

Locky examines the wound carefully. As she suspected, the poison is still coursing through Babushka's veins. She estimates the gnome has about ten minutes before the poison reaches her heart. If that happens, in Babushka's current condition, she is highly unlikely to survive.

=======================

Locky successfully diagnoses the poison. It's type A poison, which means when the onset time is finished, Babushka will take 15 points of damage. As she only has 5 HP at the moment, that means she will be dropped to -10, killing her instantly.

(OOC: If Babushka fails to treat herself with an herbalism roll, it may be possible to save her by healing her up enough that she will only fall into negative HP and become unconscious, rather than die outright.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I cannot help you." Locky lowers her head, "The poison is too far advanced, I should have acted straight away." She gives the Gnome a little sad face.

"I need you to concentrate and think, its a common poison, the same as you would find in snakes." She looks back at Jerrard and Shay, "If she cannot heal herself... We should give her the last potion."

(ooc: Damn, should have reacted straight away, *Facepalms* I believe we still have one potion left?
Won't be here to see if she manages to heal herself (most likely) so if she fails, Locky will give her the potion and tend to her, despite not getting any rest.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

While the others tend to her, Babushka's thoughts wander. Half in trance, she surveys her knowledge of herbs...

1d20=18

... but nothing comes to her.

Suddenly, she grabs the arm of whoever is nearest:

"Listen, I know what we have to do, but nobody is going to like it: Make a tourniquet to stop the blood flow to the heart, and then burn all the discolored flesh away. And plug your ears, because I'm going to scream"

(ooc: My last hope... I gather only the arm wound is poisoned? And yes. Locky still has got one healing potion)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

(OOC: Whoa, hardcore. 0_o Err, yes, there are two potions remaining. One is a healing potion, the other is still unidentified. If you do go the amputation route, be forewarned that the divine spell, Regenerate is 7th level, which means to grow her arm back, she'd need to find a 14th level cleric with a WIS of 18 or higher. I'm not even sure such a person exists on Krynn, I'd have to do some research.)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

No, not amputation. "Just" burning the poisoned flesh away. With that, and hopefully a healing potion, maybe she'll be stable enough to survive a few hours and make another herbalism check? When she's feeling better?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Ooc such hardcore actions are not needed. The potion needs only to give her 2 or 3 hp. The poison takes 15hp and knocks her to minus something hp she will be then healed back to full hp very soon. BUT we all need to rest a few days.)

Locky full of concern for her friend gives her the healing potion hoping the healing will give her enough strength to take the onslaught of the poison.

"Sssh. Trust me Bab, i know what i am doing." she smiles kindly and strokes her hair.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka takes Locky's hand and kisses it.

"I hope you do" she says. "But if it doesn't work, don't be sad. I am part of Nature, and Nature is life and death.
I only wish I was wounded in battle, fighting to save my friends, and not just bitten by a spider."

She closes her eyes and breathes steadily, trying to prepare herself for what lies ahead.

(ooc: couldn't resist a bit of melodrama here)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After drinking the potion, the wound in her neck vanished completely, not even leaving a blemish behind. The wound on her arm improved, but still remained. The potion could do nothing for the poison, but hopefully now her body was strong enough to fight it.

After waiting for several minutes, something finally happened. Babushka groaned, then her entire body went rigid as pain spread through her. Beads of sweat appeared on her forehead as she tried to master the pain. Then, just as quickly, her whole body went limp and her eyes closed.

Quickly putting her ear to Babushka's mouth, Locky felt relieved to feel a slight breath. Although in bad shape, Babushka had survived. The kender quickly patched up her remaining wound the best she could. There was nothing that could be done now, until she was rested enough to ask Fizban for more help.

====================

Babushka drinks the healing potion (2d4+2): 8 HP restored.
Babushka takes 15 damage from poison, falls unconscious.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky breathes a sigh of relief, the Gods frown on playing the odds with someones life, she had done what she had to...

"She will be ok. Locky mutters quietly, "Fizban forgive me."

Blessing Bab's unconscious body she opens her eyes, the wisdom that made the order accept her shining through.

"She is alive, her body is sleeping, her mind with the gods. I need to rest, to petition Fisban for her health." She shakes her head wildly, "We must ensure she is tended at all times.

(ooc: Locky needs to rest to get her spells back, Jerrard and Shay have to guard, after she has rested suggest the others rest while she heals Bab, then this needs to repeat.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Shay retrieves the bag left up at the cave entrance, and then they set guard. The rest of the watch passes without incident, allowing the casters to recharge their spells. Babushka remains unconscious, but stable.

(OOC: Let me know what new spells Locky and Jerrard are picking this day.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: weekend, work, forgot to reply.)

Locky asks Fisban for the power of healing to aid Bab and Jerrard.

She sits quietly, dilligently cleaning what is left of the wound until her prayers are answered.

(Casts cure light wounds x2 on bab and one on Jerrard)

She is unusually quiet,
waiting for the Gnome to recover.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Calling upon the power of Fizban, Locky manages to heal up Babushka fairly well. The gnome regains consciousness and most of the damaged the poison did on her body is mended. Jerrard is also given a small dose of magical healing, fixing up some of his own injuries.

========================

Locky casts Cure Light Wounds on Babushka (1d8): 3
Locky casts Cure Light Wounds on Babushka (1d8): 8
Locky casts Cure Light Wounds on Jerrard (1d8): 4