Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread III)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread III)

Post by JadedDM »

After eight hours of resting, the party is feeling refreshed but still rather wounded.

Shay washes up a bit in the little pond and breaks out the rations for a small meal. "Ugh, water and hardtack for breakfast. If we survive this ordeal, remind me to take us all out to a grand banquet with wine, beef, and one of those roasted pigs with the apple in its mouth. I wonder if the village even has that kind of food?" He shrugs. "Eh, at this rate, I'd be satisfied with a leg of lamb and some fried potatoes."

(OOC: Casters can pick new spells now.)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread III)

Post by Breila »

Babushka laughs at Shay's remark about the food. "Yes, I've been dreaming about food, too. And before I went to sleep, I was thinking a bit. If I'm correct, we're low on oil now, and the men need it to see what we're doing. And we should have some spare, without Locky's devices, we wouldn't have survived. I don't need sleep as badly as the spellcasters do, and in four hours, I could walk to the village and buy things we need. Not now, it must be night now outside, but maybe next time we rest. Here in the darkness, we're out of sync with the daylight world."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: Locky replaced all of her 1st level spells with cure light wounds, so 3 cure light wounds plus her bonus = 4)

Having asked Paladine for healing to help her friends, Locky sets to work doing what she can for both Shay and Jerrard. (10hp back to shay, 6hp to Jerrard).

"I would go, but this is too much fun! Please say hello to Hilda for me.." In light of Babs suggestion she uses her last spell on the Gnome (6hp back)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thanks to Locky's healing, Shay now looks as good as new. There is not even any scarring. "Thanks, Locky," he says gratefully.

At Babushka's idea, he says, "Well, until then...maybe our sorcerer friend can magick us up some light to see with?"

(OOC: HP has been updated in the Character Sheets thread.)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard relaxes slightly after reciveing Lockys healing. Its oblvious he isn't clutching his chest as much, and the wracking cough is less too.

"Your idea has merit, I would accompany you myself, only we are blocking the creatures from leaving.." He looks to the caverns beyond the entrance, thinking of the creatures attacking them.

"Shay should go, perhaps Hilda could aid with healing and aid." he said after a few minutes. "Of course there is always the chance another has answered the call..."

At Shays suggestion he smiles, "I can create minor lights, or something more substantial, but yes I can help with that."

<Ooc: Jerrard kept the same spells, casts armor and will then memorise Light>
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka smiles. "Well, everybody has sid something, and nothing was decided. But since it is night outside, none of us should go to the village now and anger the shopkeepers. Let's see what we can achieve down here and decide who goes to the village later, when it's light outside. Shall we?" she gestures towards the tunnel. "Mind the trap!"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After using the key to divert the waterfall once more and climbing down the root ladder, Shay asks, "So do we continue down the path we've been exploring, or take one of the other directions?" He hefts up his lantern, which will likely run out of oil soon.

The party has been exploring the eastern path, but haven't checked the southern or western paths yet.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Why don't we go south this time?" Babushka asks.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky smiles and nods, blood is visible through her clean clothes, she doesn't seem to be worried, but it is obvious she is in pain.

Yet she skips on to the south, grabbing Babs hand, but waits for the humans.

"Shall we?" She asks, walking on quietly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard steps forward slowly, he seems somewhat reluctant to step forward into the caverns.

"After you Ladies. He extends his hand.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The southern tunnel extends about twenty feet before curving slowly to the east. After another thirty feet, it opens up into a cavern. The ceiling of this cavern chamber is ragged with the spiky points of innumerable stalactites, and the floor is uneven and slippery. In the middle of the room, away from the river's path, a pool in the cave floor glows with an eerie, bluish light.

Examining the pool more closely reveals it is a pool of some kind of phosphorescent goo from a slow drip in the cave ceiling. Nothing else appears to be in the pool, which looks just deep enough to submerge Babushka, the shortest one in the group.

The river continues south through the chamber and down another tunnel.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I'm not comfortable about this, not at all." Babushka shakes her head. "I just want to pass it by, but will it let us?"

"Do we have something to roll on the path to see if the pool reacts to a passage?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Shay pulls out a small skinning knife, then tosses it across the cavern. It lands with a clatter to the ground by the wall, but nothing else happens. Turning to the gnome, he shrugs helplessly.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Oh, that knife!" Babushka turns to Shay. "May I borrow it? I can fight with a dagger and a knife together, but my knife broke recently. If I could borrow yours, we may have an advantage in combat, over the podmen, at least."

To the party at large, she then says "Anyone else have something to toss, more substantial, preferably?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ooo, isn't that pretty?" Locky starts to step towards the pool, then stops, realising no one else has moved.

"Do, you think we could use it? Its pretty and it would make a nice light? She looks up at the big men, obviously desparate to pick some up.

Borderlands 3 - Navi