Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread III)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread III)

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard frowns, moving cautiously, "I thought the trees were just a garden.. This moss... cannot be just moss." He frowns quite deeply, spying the look on Lockys face.

He gets closer to the goo, checking it out.
(ooc: Int check :8)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

While Jerrard gets closer to examine the goo, Shay goes to retrieve the knife while hugging the cavern wall to stay away from the strange glowing gunk.

After retrieving it, he returns to the girls and unbuckles the sheath from his belt. Sheathing the knife, he hands it over to the gnome. "Use it well," he says.

Jerrard determines the goo is harmless, although he cannot fathom what purpose it might serve.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard sticks his staff very gently into the goo falling from the ceiling.
He then pulls it away and checks to see if the staff glows.. if it does he smiles and turns to the group.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The goo does retain the glow while sticking to the staff. However, the light is so weak as to be inconsequential. The light only has a radius of a few inches, which is better than nothing at all, but nowhere near as useful as a torch, lantern, or a light spell.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Seeing Jerrard pick at the pool of goo, Locky searches her pouches and pulls out a dagger, a small bow and arrow, and a vial of ink.

She leaves the dagger on the ground, plays with the bow, firing it in Jerrards direction before empting the contents of the vial on the floor.

"Let me try. She holds the vial over the drip, and fills the glass. (ooc: assumption)= The vial glows lightly, emitting an errie glow.

"Did you want this? I think someone dropped it She says to Bab, looking at the dagger. " As a backup."

(ooc: there is only one dagger in her pouches, which i have to sort out, and moss and bit of planr etc.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Smilingly, Babushka takes the sheathed knife from Shay. "Thank you very much." She fixes the sheath to her belt.

As Locky offers her the dagger, she is surprised. "Yes, I could take it, too, thank you. Not for melee fight, though, but to throw it. Let me see if it fits into my boot sheath."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Should we go on?" Forgetting about the dagger almost instantly, Locky smiles at Bab and looks around the cave.

"There doesn't seem to be much else here.." She is still intrigued by the pool but it doesn't seem much to keep her amused.

She starts to walk towards the cavern entrance, walking around the stalagtites in circles.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I believe Locky is correct, this pool is an interesting diversion." He still looks cautious, grasping the Kender as she starts to walk off, he pulls her back. "Locky, I believe we should stick together..." He looks at the pool, then the Kender. "Shay, I have a thought, do you think this stuff will burn?" His plan is obvious.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"The goo?" Shay asks. "I have no idea," he admits. "I guess it's easy enough to experiment, though."

Using his sword, he scoops a bit of the gunk out of the pool, then spreads it on the ground a safe distance away. He uses a blood soaked rag to wipe off his blade. "Eh, remind me to clean this later."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"You should have used my staff, it's easier to replace than a sword" Baushka tells Shay. "Can you spare that rag? We could ignite it and throw it onto the gunk, I can do it."

Before she does that, she examines the wetted part of the rag. Does the substance smell or look like any fire promoter she knows (fire building skill)?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Shay hands the rag to Babushka. She discovers that the goo has no smell she can detect, nor does it show any properties similar to combustibles she is aware of...at least, not at a look, anyway.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka puts the rag on the cave floor and attempts to ignite it at a point that's not drenched. If she's successfull - and it doesn't explode when the flames touch the absorbed goo - , she'll toss it into the pool of gunk on the floor.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The reaction from the flame is quite the opposite. Not only does it fail to ignite, but the goo puts out the fire completely.

"It was worth a shot," Shay comments.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Oooo?" Locky giggles and squirms as Jerrard pulls her back, her face quite indignant. "Not so tight please... I can't breathe." She pretends to choke, yet her eyes are playful.

She shrugs at the flame, not really interested anyway.

"Shall we go on?" She asks, while squirming.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard lowers his head, his face downcast, "It was worth a try, besides it could have interesting applications." He relcutantley lowers the Kender to the ground. "Locky hold onto that vial, it may come in handy."

He steps away from the pool and addresses the group, "We should go on. Babushka are you still going up top?" He asks, using a hand on a rock to hold hold himself up.