Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread III)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread III)

Post by Breila »

"Sorry, Jerrard, I don't know the expression "going up top"?"

(ooc: it's not in my dictionary, and I'm not sure I can deduce it correctly. That's why I play characters who don't have common as native tongue!)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard smiles, "Do you still plan to go back to the village? He asks, one eye on the way ahead. "To the world above?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes, I do plan to go back to the village. But doing it right now makes no sense. As I said, it is night outside, and the shops will be closed.

But I see that you're not well, and Locky still seems to be bleeding.

My idea before we slept was that I find us a safe spot in the valley above the cavern. As we have seen, the pod-men have only eyes, they cannot smell us to follow us. They might be able to sense body heat, but that doesn't make it possible to track someone in the woods.

If we're not all feeling well, we could go up and I'll find us a sheltered spot, concealing our track for unschooled eyes. Then at first light, I'd go to the village and buy what we need."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I do not wish to leave the cave, but, I do hurt a little." The blood stain is still visible on her top, the healing potion is probably forgotten within her stuff.

"I guess sleeping outside would be interesting, just for a night." she smiles, and winches, "Think of all the fun we could have!!"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Although, if we leave now, we may lose our foothold in this place. We have no idea how close we are to the end...if it even ends at all, or how deep it may go down," Shay points out. "Sooner or later, our exploits will be discovered, if they haven't all ready. When that happens, likely security will be increased."

The rogue looks from Jerrard and Locky, considering their wounds. "If things are that bad, though, Lady Hilda did give us three potions of healing. I know Babushka used the one I carried to save my life, but we should have two remaining, yes? In any case, I won't argue if the group decides to leave, but I worry that in doing so, we might make things harder for us in the long run."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard looks at the Kender curiously, he actually appears to have some concern, although it is unsure if it is for his own safety... "I can go on, my wounds are not too serious. I would suggest we protect Locky however." He smiles "Loosing our Cleric would not be ideal"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka agrees: "Yes, Locky, you should use a potion of healing. And then we go on. Going up now makes little sense, as it is night outside. Next time we rest, I can go. I need less rest than the spellcasters and these four hours are just what I'd need to go to the village, buy what we need and come back."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Oh, I forgot that!" Locky rummages about her pouches, pulling out pieces of paper, dice, bones, even a Teddy before finally finding the potion.

She slips it back quickly, before pausing with the bottle, "I could fill this with Goo, it might be useful.." She smiles and looks to the way out of the cavern.

"Kender don't usually think of running away..." She looks very thoughtful, a very unkender like idea slipping into her brain, "Perhaps we should run away."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard smiles when the Kender drinks the potion, breathing a little sigh of relief he nods when she suggests placing the glowing goo in the bottle, he did want a sample after all.

"While the idea of flight is distasteful, it may be the best option, we are depleted. However Shay is right, we do not wish to loose our foothold here."

If Locky is done, Jerrard motions for her and Bab to lead on, he reluctantly takes the rear guard.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The gnome leading the way, the party continues down south...and finds themselves back in the Mad Tree chamber. The corpses of the trees still lie about, not having been evidently disturbed since the fight. There are two tunnels; one to the west and the one from the east, the latter from which they arrived the first time. The stream they followed empties into the rows where the trees originally stood, as does the stream coming from the west tunnel.

"Must loop around," Shay says, holding his lantern high to admire the party's own handiwork.

=======================

Locky drinks a Potion of Healing (2d4+2): 9 HP restored.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes, it does loop around." Babushka answers. "What I wonder now that I don't have to fight for my life is, where does the water go? Would you please take my staff off and give it to me, I want to probe. Would you please watch the other entrances and warn me if anyone comes?"

She walks carefully towards the channel system, checking it, probing the depth of the channels with her staff where she can't see them. She tries to step mostly on the parts where the trees stood, in case there are parts where the ground is thin and may break. If anything seems suspicious, she turns back to her comrades and asks to be tied to a rope.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Examining the grooves closely, it would seem the water is slowly drained over time through tiny cracks in the ground. These cracks are not big enough to weaken the structural integrity of the stone, however.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka goes back to the group. "OK, nothing dangerous or sinister there, the water is quietly seeping down.

What do you think, should we go through the western tunnel, the one we haven't explored yet? My guess is that it will bring us into the fork by the waterfall, after a fashion."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky eyes the stream curiously, she jumps in quickly, using her Hoopak to sound the bed, apparently oblivious to the fact that Bab did just did the same thing.
"west is new, new is good." she jumps back out, making some noise.

"You know i have never heard of a place like this, its almost as if someone made it, i wonder why?" looking to the west tunnel she peers down the west tunnel before pulling bab along with her, just giving the others time to react.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well. the place is mostly natural, but was modified."

Babushka talks quietly to the kender, hoping to keep her from running ahead. She supposes they will end up in the cavern where the dead podmen lay, and she doesn't want to bump into their creator finding them!