Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 1: the Road to Holgrim - part 1

"A mighty gem of azure hue, shall cause the dead to pay their due.
So place silver 'pon their eyes, lest the dead, again shall rise."

-Children's Nursery Rhyme, Year 83, Age of Darkness

Moderator: Ismaels-Legacy

Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 1: the Road to Holgrim - part 1

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Karen eyes the big man with a funny hand. "It's OK, Lucky taught me to climb trees! If the zombies come I'll go there!" she says pointing to the nearest maple tree.

------------------------------------

Slade glances at Dee, "Yeah, don't want to keep the old goat waiting." She secures a few leather straps across his chest, arms, and legs, presumably making sure his knives are all in place. "You know why he's sending us don't you?" There's a malicious gleam in his eye at these words. "It's because we're questionable in nature and therefor expendable!" The corner of his mouth lifts is a sarcastic sneer.

"Well, let's go see what's got the Crusader all spooked..." He lopes off at a brisk, silent pace, briefly nodding to the man in the woolen cloak before he continues into the forest edge flanking the road.
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

The man who calls himself Wolf waits patiently at the front of the caravan while Dee and Slade move past him. "Good luck." he says to the two as they pass. He waits patiently, his eyes scanning the treeline as he wonders what kind of disturbance there is up ahead.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Hedra is waiting for explanations by Carson or the "crusader", so she can relay istructions to the people in the caravan and reassure them with an appropriate chant or hymn.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You have to get up the tree first." Carith comments to Karen, she smiles and Walks over to Carson.

"Is there a problem?" She asks, hand on her weapon, "lets see how this dwarf can fight..." She thinks to herself, eying the her up and down, she makes no attempt to hide her actions.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Hedra is getting annoyed at Carith's behaviour, but now is not the moment to confront her.
TigerStripedDog
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by TigerStripedDog »

"CLIMB TREE! BwuahahaHAHA" Bill states with a booming laugh. "Is why you so small little one? Because you are skeewurl yourself? IS FUNNY!" He smiles and pats her head.

"Is lucky for lucky to be here and teach you. If zombie come for tree, have no worry. I smash!"

He ponders for just a second and adds:

"And remember little skeewurls, only tree that save you is name SUPLEX!" He declares, pointing proudly at his oversized club.

Chuckling over his own jokes, Bill walks over towards the Dwarf.

"Point Bill in way of trouble. I help."
*unintelligible scribble*
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

The scout pushes back his hood and looks up at Bill, his expression carefully neutral. In a quiet, gravelly voice he say: "I'm going to say this once, and I am going to use small words so as not to confuse you. If you don't keep your voice down, I will break your legs and leave you for the Horde. Got it?
"I heard you ten minutes before I got here. The walkers can hear, too. And they're close. You are putting everyone here in danger."

Then, without awaiting a response, he turns to the chanter. "And you - keep those children quiet, too. All that chanting, and nobody's listening anyway."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Carith smiles, finally someone who knew what they were doing. "You heard the man." She looks to Bill and Hedra, placing a finger to her lips.

She approaches the Scout simply uttering: "Thanks, you said what I was thinking."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TigerStripedDog
Vagabond
Vagabond

Bill's eyes narrow for a second, a dark look coming over his face. But only for a second. The moment passes and he smiles again, another laugh escaping.

"Is good joke you make little mayn. Break my legs? You have not enough for to lift my third leg! Hah heh, is mean my schlonk"

He thinks for a moment. His voice growing very serious.

"But now joke over. Call Bill stupid again and I have to make smash on your face. Would be no good for you. Waste."
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Karen sticks her tongue out at Bill when he walks away. "Me and Lucky can take care of ourselves." she says crossing her arms muttering to herself. She stares angrily after the Large man for a few moments before she sneaks off towards the supply cart to check out what she can perhaps "reallocate" for herself and Lucky.

Meanwhile at the front of the caravan, Wolf leans on his staff to relax as he watches the large man approach. "I see you don't lack strength, but you do seem to like subtlety." he says to the man. "Avoiding conflict is often the better course of action, which is hard to do when you make as much noise as a herd of cows." he looks up at the man who towers above him, seemingly undaunted by his size. "Would you not agree?"
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Never called you stupid, big man, just called you loud, and told you what would happen if you continue to give away our position."
The scout's posture is relaxed, and in contrast to his words, there is no hostility in his bearing or his tone. He holds a spear in his hand, but he is leaning on it, using it as more of a walking stick than a weapon. And his shield remains slung over his shoulder.

"Is he always like this?" he asks the nearby women.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
TigerStripedDog
Vagabond
Vagabond

"Of course am like this. AM BILL!" He says, again, louder than he need be.

"And yes, direct is for best. I have little of your puny language. Is easy for confuse you with my speak. So I am simple. When strong, best be simple. Let people know where I stand, so as no to squash them when move. You get? Is good."

He looks over at the other man.

"Herd of cows is funny. But you two, you know nussing. Zombie, they hear, is true. But zombie no need hear you, need smell you. If you smart, you tell Bill for need bath, no? Zombie also see with no eyes. Is no to hear that make danger."

Bill continues to look around, chuckling to himself.
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

The man in the Red Robes just rolls his eyes under his cloak at the tall man. "There is more than just the walking dead that scour the land." he explains with the same patience he uses to talk to Karen. "Those of us who are still living that survive by praying on people like us..." he shrugs. "Just one possibility."

He turns his head slightly so he can watch ahead of the caravan as they sit still, waiting for the scouts to return.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"So, what should I do?" Hedra asks Carson and the "crusader", who hasn't yet given his name, but that's unimportant right now.
"Ask the people to round up the wagons quietly, gather the vulnerable ones inside, the fighting people outside, and prepare to defend themselves?"

(ooc: the chant rehearshal with the childern stopped about half an hour ago, and it was done with Dorir's permission!)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"He is harmless, a good time really." Carith winks at the man, smiling.

"Hedra ?" Carith speaks to the dwarf for the first time, rather than at her. "You seem like a smart Girl, do that, keep the people safe, do you thin you can do that?" Her tone is neutral, obviously concentrating on the task at hand, rather than the any argument she may have with Hedra.

"Guess they are close, no matter. Been a few weeks I saw any.. " She turns back to the man, her voice level, bumping Bill.

Borderlands 3 - Navi