Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 1: the Road to Holgrim - part 1

"A mighty gem of azure hue, shall cause the dead to pay their due.
So place silver 'pon their eyes, lest the dead, again shall rise."

-Children's Nursery Rhyme, Year 83, Age of Darkness

Moderator: Ismaels-Legacy

TigerStripedDog
Vagabond
Vagabond
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 1: the Road to Holgrim - part 1

Post by TigerStripedDog »

Easing back against a small boulder, Bill lounges and watches the show, commenting:

"Is crazy for to call this bad. IS GOOD."
*unintelligible scribble*
Marcus
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Marcus »

"Well Dee, I've never been that picky when it comes to the drink. Hell, I'd drink turpentine to hold me over during a long dry spell. Anything but kerosene will do. Tried it once. Bad idea." Not knowing his new friend has already been distracted by Carith, Gus nods in the direction of the warrioress. He whispers to Dee: "One of you young guns has got to saddle that mare. Do it for us old-timers who can count the years since we've been with a woman. If not for that, do it to shut er up. She's been in heat on the trail here since she first joined this band, and pretty soon she's liable to get violent."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Carith smiles pefectly aware the affect her actions are having on the group, she stretches forward, her body making an arch as she touches her feet with each digit.

Stretching back, her arms behind her she makes a backward arch, her breasts flattening against her body.

Finally she moves onto her hands and feet, before performing and perfect backflip, landing on her hands a knees again.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Marcus
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Marcus »

Gus applauds.

"That's an impressive flip, lady. I'd say that calls for a drink. Anyone got any liquor?"
"These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I have no idea what you just said, but if was about me...." She smiles sweetly picking up the axe, she steps close to the old warrior.

"I heard you talking to Dee, I do like the idea of the drink, ask the dwarf: Dorir, he will have some." She winks, turns flashing her long legs.

She ignores the Chanter, where were the Gods when she was stabbed in the chest by the pike?

Checking no one is watching, she uncovers her belly by puling the top up so it rests just below her breasts. Staring at the ugly round scar, she shudders, recalling the agonising pain, the blood spilling out covering the field in crimison.

She stands, looking at the group, her hands react too late to pull the top back down. Both Gus and Bill see the scar.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Marcus
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Marcus »

"Let's get that dwarf over here!" Gus remarks quickly. After looking around the campfire, he settles down (little does he know the mage is blowing stuff up outside of camp and the dwarf is getting a private show).

Gus is lays his eyes on a battle scar on the warrioress' torso. "Just the one? Hell, I've got worse scars from shavin!" Seeing that no one in the camp thinks he is funny, Gus continues: "But its good to see you're not just all talk. Expect to get more on these long roads."
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

The night quickly draws to a close as the guards start to rotate their shifts. The caravan begins it's journey rather early the next morning, leaving before sun-up (Which isn't too extremely early considering how long the nights are this time of year). Everyone is given a rough loaf of bread made from various grains and a strip of dried meat to break their fast. Most people end up dunking these in their ration of bier that they are given for the day, though some of the more stolid individuals mix their bier with a goodly portion of water and save it for later.

As dawn begins to break, an advanced scout is seen approaching the caravan. He's dressed in a woolen cloak and mantle over his chainmaile. He must have been rather well-to-do at some point to have woolen garments. Either that or he had a patron of some sort, which is not unheard of in these times, especially for those whose talents are rather exceptional. He passes most of the caravan's vanguard with a slight nod of his head and directly approaches Carson.
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

As the caravan gets into motion, Hedra approaches Dorir. She speaks Common, so that no one within earshot can suspect a dwarven conspiracy.

"Do we need to move silently, or can I teach the children a chant as we move? It will keep them occupied, and busy if we're attacked. Also, we can hope the Lord Protector will heed the voices of the innocent in an emergency."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

"Pah! There's no sense in trying to be quiet with this rabble! If ye think you can keep the children entertained, be my guest. It'll keep them from badgerin' the ponies that way!" Apparently Dorir isn't one for children....

Searching for willing participants, Hedra finds that her most attentive audience is with the smaller children who have to ride in the carts rather than walk. The older children are too focused on the march to be able to chant and walk at the same time. Anyone into their teens is already part of the impromptu guard rotation, so they're not able to participate, even if they wish to.
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Flashback, in answer to Gus, last night)

"This?" She Scowls covering her tummy. "This is a constant reminder that life is for living, take no prisoners, gain no attactments because everything leaves." Realising she has said way too much she produces a small flask and throws it defty at the old warrior.

"No, my talk is not for show, ask anyone, although most are scared of me."

She shrugs and sits back close to Bill, yet she never finds her gaze falling too far from the old warrior....
--------------------------------

Carith stands tall, her Axe on her back, Shortsword at her side, bow over her shoulder, she stands near Bill (who I assume she shared a bed with for 'warmth'), and not to far from Gus. She scowls quite loudly at the Chanter, never going as far as last night, but her distaste is obvious.

Upon seeing the newcomer appear she tips her head his way and motions to the two men.

"There is a tale to tell there I am sure." She returns her gaze to the party, punching herself in the head as she finds herself singing the Dwarfs chant.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Hedra finds a cart big enough for her and the small children, politley explains to the driver what she plans to do and, consent given, gathers the children around her. She jokes and plays with them, teaching them first to listen to the sounds they make, trying to make them as beautiful as possible. The chant she practices with them is the basic call for protection:

"Oheah, shitsons, oheah, hilfons!"

The "shit sons" will of course be source of laughter and an occasion to explain about different languages, for example, "gift" is something nice for human children, a present, but for dwarven children, it's something terrible, it's poison!

- Dorir has scored a minus point with Hedra because he doesn't care about children -.
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

The man in the Red Robes, who has of yet not given a name to anyone as noone has asked, continues walking in the front of the group. Though he stays back behind the front line fighters. He seems to be deep in thought, though his eyes still scan the treeline occasionally as they walk.

Karen, with Lucky the squirrel asleep in her belt pouch, looks around the surrounding trees as she walks. She looks like she wants to join in the chanting but is reluctant to as no one else her age is. So instead she pouts and complains to anyone who will listen how much walking sucks. "We have wagons! Why don’t we just ride those instead of walking?"she says loudly, enough to be heard over the chanting at the front. The Red Robed man let's out a small sigh and shakes his head.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

When the small children get tired, Hedra lets them go back to their caretakers. She then goes to seek out the older children, asking their names and finding out if they're interested in learning the chants when they rest. Having overheard Karen, she asks her quietly:

"Would you like to learn the chants and be my assistant with the little ones?
You could ride in a wagon then"
she winks.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Carith watches the exchanges between the Chanter and the children with interest. She isn't very subtle..

She moves about the group during to day, always seeming to be somewhere within the group. She takes time to ask everyones name (in case she uses the wrong one later)..

Once the exchange between the chanter and the girl are complete she sides up to the red robed mage.

"I am Carith." she speaks bluntly. Hands on her hips, "We have yet to be introduced."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

The Red Robed man raises an eyebrow at the woman. "Well." he says smiling wryly. "I did not expect this from you." he remarks amused. Karen takes this opportunity to complain some more. "Also, why don't we bring more comfortable beds?" she says loudly. "Me and lucky miss our old bed."

The man lets out another long suffering sigh. He seems to remember the woman talking to him. "Right, excuse my momentary lack of focus." he says and seems to think for a moment. "You can call me wolf. I had a name once, but it is one of the things I left behind." he tells her with a small hint of reluctance. "You have already met my young traveling companion. We ran into each other and decided..." he pauses. "i decided that traveling together would be better than staying separate."